Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 4 Ultimate Mod Manager V1.2 - SUBFOLDER SUPPORT

by Jibby Posted 22nd Jun 2019 at 5:56 PM - Updated 27th Jul 2019 at 12:57 AM by Jibby

170 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 127 Feedback Posts, 42 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 8:17 PM
VERSION 1.2 (02/07/19) - 'We Need To Go Deeper'
It’s the Inception update! Now you can manage a folder within a folder within a folder...
Subfolder support! You are no longer limited to managing mods directly in the root of the mods folder/selected library. Double clicking a subfolder will now load its contents into the list, allowing you to move mods to/from there instead.
Game version detection: The application will detect the current version of the game and display it. When the game has received an update, the application will inform the user on the next launch and recommend checking for mod updates.
Log Reader: You can now view Last Exceptions and other log files right in the application. Access this in the settings menu.
Bugfix (kinda): The refresh button actually looks like a refresh button now!
Meta: Fixed some typos in this very changelog, not that you noticed them... did you?

I had to make some reasonably large changes to the code to get subfolder support working correctly, so as always, it’s possible that some bugs have slipped through the cracks. Again, let me know if you encounter anything out of the ordinary and I’ll issue a fix. Also this is the first version that the app’s automatic update feature should have detected! Let me know if you got the popup!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 2nd Jul 2019 at 8:40 PM
To anyone who downloaded 1.2 before this message was posted, please take the time to re-download it. I've issued a very quick patch to the drag and drop feature that had been overlooked when adding subfolder support.

Very sorry for the inconvenience!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#53 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 9:48 PM
Will this delete packages you don't want? I am currently using "Sims4 Studio" to view, delete and re categorize and don't want to have two programs doing the same thing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyVatrovia
Will this delete packages you don't want? I am currently using "Sims4 Studio" to view, delete and re categorize and don't want to have two programs doing the same thing.

It doesn't currently have an option to delete individual packages from the mod manager page, but you could always move packages you don't want to an empty library and then delete that library.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 6:46 AM Last edited by TsukiNoBara : 17th Jul 2019 at 6:56 AM.
Oh, holy crap, thank you. This is already a lot better than the mod manager I was using before.

(Also, I got a kick out of your initial error message for not finding TS4_x64.exe and your error message for accidentally trying to open the program a second time.)

Edit: Thinking on it, it technically doesn't add many more features than the other one (LOL don't mind me, I'm spoiled by the loads of features in the mod managers for Skyrim), but good Lord the UI is so much better. Like, I can't even begin to say how much of an improvement it is. Seriously, thank you so much!
Test Subject
#56 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 3:26 PM
Interesting tool. Does it work in-game? As you know the sorting options in game are terribly limited. And we don't seem to be able to create our own collections as we used to with S3.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TsukiNoBara
Oh, holy crap, thank you. This is already a lot better than the mod manager I was using before.

(Also, I got a kick out of your initial error message for not finding TS4_x64.exe and your error message for accidentally trying to open the program a second time.)

Edit: Thinking on it, it technically doesn't add many more features than the other one (LOL don't mind me, I'm spoiled by the loads of features in the mod managers for Skyrim), but good Lord the UI is so much better. Like, I can't even begin to say how much of an improvement it is. Seriously, thank you so much!

Thank you so much! Appreciate your comments on the UI, making the application look nice was definitely a big priority for me. Also I forgot about those error messages haha, some of my humour definitely leaked its way into the program

I'm constantly working on adding new things to the application (the feedback since launch has been overwhelming, but in a good way!), so if there's anything in particular you'd like to see, please feel free to let me know

Quote: Originally posted by grallonsphere
Interesting tool. Does it work in-game? As you know the sorting options in game are terribly limited. And we don't seem to be able to create our own collections as we used to with S3.

Hi there! I'm not quite sure I follow what you're saying. Do you mean is there any way to use the application to categorise things in the actual game? If so, unfortunately not, and I'm not sure that this is something that could ever be achieved just by the way TS4 handles CC.

Thanks for checking out the program though!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 2:00 AM
This is pretty awesome Thank you. It would be cool if somehow the sims 4 studio was incorporated in there somehow like the batch fixes and how you can see the CC and if you don't like it remove it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ambersblue
This is pretty awesome Thank you. It would be cool if somehow the sims 4 studio was incorporated in there somehow like the batch fixes and how you can see the CC and if you don't like it remove it.

Thank you! The awesome people who make The Sims 4 Studio are much more experienced at programming than I am though, so don't expect too many similar features to make their way over. Plus I like the idea of keeping the application lightweight and simple to use.

Seeing as it's been a massively requested feature, I have however broken some ground with theoretically adding in a CC previewer; but it's still very early days. I can't make any promises as to if it will work out (as I'm just a hobbyist programmer, it's a massive challenge for me), but it might be coming someday!
Test Subject
#60 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 6:44 AM
Default Issue with application install
Hey Jibby, thanks for the mod manager.

I really want to use it but I'm having issues installing it. This error keeps popping up

https://imgur.com/fDlQ2xN

1. I've dragged it out of the folder to install; (no dice)
2. I've also tried to drag it into the The Sims 4 folder but also didn't install.

Could you advise? :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#61 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 4:15 PM Last edited by Jibby : 21st Jul 2019 at 4:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by morning_glory
Hey Jibby, thanks for the mod manager.

I really want to use it but I'm having issues installing it. This error keeps popping up

https://imgur.com/fDlQ2xN

1. I've dragged it out of the folder to install; (no dice)
2. I've also tried to drag it into the The Sims 4 folder but also didn't install.

Could you advise? :D

Hi there! Thanks for getting in touch, this is certainly odd.
The application doesn't need to install, it should launch directly from the .exe file.

Can you tell me what version of Windows you are using? Also make sure you have all the latest Windows Updates installed.
The application also requires the .NET framework to be installed. Try downloading and installing this: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/thank-you/net48

This might be a silly question, but have you unzipped the file before trying to run it? It could cause issues if you don't unzip it first.
Also, does your CPU have more than one core? (I've not tested it, but there is something that comes to mind which could cause the program to crash on single core processors)

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get a grasp of what could be going wrong.
If none of this works, get back to me and we can troubleshoot further.
All the best!
Test Subject
#62 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jibby
Hi there! Thanks for getting in touch, this is certainly odd.
The application doesn't need to install, it should launch directly from the .exe file.

Can you tell me what version of Windows you are using? Also make sure you have all the latest Windows Updates installed.
The application also requires the .NET framework to be installed. Try downloading and installing this: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/thank-you/net48

This might be a silly question, but have you unzipped the file before trying to run it? It could cause issues if you don't unzip it first.
Also, does your CPU have more than one core? (I've not tested it, but there is something that comes to mind which could cause the program to crash on single core processors)

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get a grasp of what could be going wrong.
If none of this works, get back to me and we can troubleshoot further.
All the best!

Hey! The questions are pretty helpful -- my machine is pretty old anyway. So, I used the .NET framework and it's installed perfectly! Thanks for all the help; you're the best!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#63 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by morning_glory
Hey! The questions are pretty helpful -- my machine is pretty old anyway. So, I used the .NET framework and it's installed perfectly! Thanks for all the help; you're the best!

Ah, that's fantastic news! It's my pleasure, I'm glad you got it working.

Hope you enjoy the application, and let me know if there's anything else you need
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#64 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 12:45 AM
@Jibby Please remove all links to social media from the download. As per the site rules, social media links are allowed in either your signature or on you profile.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#65 Old 27th Jul 2019 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
@Jibby Please remove all links to social media from the download. As per the site rules, social media links are allowed in either your signature or on you profile.

Hi there. My apologies, I was not aware of this. I shall do this right now.
It wasn't my intention to break site rules!
Test Subject
#66 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 8:34 AM
Any plans for the mac? I need this asap. I broke my game with custom content and my game won't even start now. what's worse is that I cannot locate the file It says it is there but I do not see it every time I replace it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#67 Old 31st Jul 2019 at 12:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thzkittengoesroar
Any plans for the mac? I need this asap. I broke my game with custom content and my game won't even start now. what's worse is that I cannot locate the file It says it is there but I do not see it every time I replace it.

No plans at the moment unfortunately as I don't own any Apple computers. I've always been adamant though that I'll attempt a port should I ever get one.

Good luck with finding the problematic CC though! I hope you can get it all sorted out soon.
Test Subject
#68 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 5:08 AM
Does this also merge together the mods to make gameplay smoother? (like CC Magic) I wasn't sure if it did that, but it would be great help if it could!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#69 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FlowersSimFactory
Does this also merge together the mods to make gameplay smoother? (like CC Magic) I wasn't sure if it did that, but it would be great help if it could!

Hi there! I'm afraid at this point in time, it does not.

I have however been researching the Sims4Pi libraries which would potentially allow me to implement features like this as well as other more in depth things (e.g. previewing CC). But as a hobbyist programmer (I've never programmed professionally, nor do I have professional training; I just do it for fun), it's a fair way out of my comfort zone and I have a lot of learning to do before I can start actually adding this stuff to the mod manager.

Thank you for the suggestion though
Instructor
#70 Old 15th Aug 2019 at 10:34 AM
Just an Info: To merge packages just use Sims 4 Studio. If you merge files with another program, Sims 4 Studio will not be able to unmerge those.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#71 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 1:47 PM
Just to mention, this project is not dead. I'm currently working on the big 1.3 update which will include context menus, file manipulation right from the 'Mod Manager' page and a fully fledged file manager embedded right into the application for more in-depth tasks. I'm also experimenting with user customisable colour schemes and extra quality of life improvements.

No ETA as of yet, but this will be the biggest and most feature packed update since launch.

Here's a preview of the WIP context menus:
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#72 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 10:32 PM
It reminds me of CC Magic (that was such an awesome programme I really missed for The Sims 4) Now I will wait for the last update. It looks really promising.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 6:08 PM
ohhh yesss finally a sims 4 mod manager.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 8:27 AM
I'm sure this will be a life saver for me, thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#75 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Franniez Sims
It reminds me of CC Magic (that was such an awesome programme I really missed for The Sims 4) Now I will wait for the last update. It looks really promising.

Quote: Originally posted by LucyRuby
I'm sure this will be a life saver for me, thank you!

Thank you
Let me know if you have any suggestions or feedback!

Definitely keep an eye out for the next update too, it will add so many new features!
The application will alert you when it's available to download.
Page 3 of 7