Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2021 at 12:22 AM
Default Buffs with blue squares and UI Glitching (no UI cheats)
Hi

Since the last update with the festival, I have gotten this issue for the 3rd time. My game worked for a few hours before the issue happened and worked yesterday for about 6hrs without it happening at all. Its just started to happen again so I got another screenshot. Since it didn't happen for hours and not at all yesterday I don't believe its a mod or CC. I "repaired" the game yesterday.

So, the interaction queue on the left is the first to disappear, then the buffs turn into blue/blank, then I am unable to click on a sim to control them. I can exit and re-enter the game but I would love a fix if anyone can decipher this or has seen it before. I also have the last UI exception doc if that gives anyone any insight.

I am playing on an Alienware M17 R4, i9 2.40GHz processor, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD HD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 graphics card.

Can anyone give me ideas to fix this please?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  lastUIException 030721.txt (43.2 KB, 45 downloads)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2021 at 2:45 AM
And for the first time ever, my game just crashed. My Sims were getting married-it had been planned using the calendar, the pop up to get started appeared and then instead of taking us to the venue, it went to the worlds screen and I couldn't get out of it. The icons said they were in Mount Komerebi but they were still in "transit" so to speak. I tried entering another household to see if I could then go back to manage worlds (it was greyed out), and the game crashed. This is what was in the last exception file:

Game Version: 1.76.81.1020 | OS: Windows 10.0.19042 | Created at: 2021-07-03 02:39:47.538414
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 117, in wrapped
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 113, in finally_wrap
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 157, in wrapper
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 175, in wrapper
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 300, in c_api_zone_shutdown
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_manager.py", line 84, in remove_id
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\indexed_manager.py", line 205, in remove_id
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\indexed_manager.py", line 241, in remove
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\indexed_manager.py", line 329, in call_on_remove
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 826, in on_remove
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 378, in stop_services
Cause: Error during shutdown of service zone_modifier_service. This will likely cause additional errors in the future.
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 7:31 AM
The summer sessions event DID break a lot of mods again, so if you use mods (don't have to be UI ones, others can cause issues too), I'd look at those as the culprit first. It is possible they only cause problems after a few hours of gameplay if there is some kind of 'event' in game that triggers this.
Try removing them from the location (to desktop maybe) and see if the issue still occurs?