Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 9:23 PM
Default Put objects by sink without sink disappearing
Hi!

I remember reading somewhere that there was a way to put objects by the sink (on the same tile) without the sink disappearing, but I don't remember what it was. I want to put soap and toothbrushes in my sims' bathrooms by the sink like they would be in real life, but when I do it, the sink disappears. Any advice?

-EllieLibrarian

P.S. * I do use moveobjects, 45degree, and sometimes snaptogrid.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 11:11 PM
Huh. I've never had a sink disappear from having objects placed next to it. Are you using OMSPs?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Huh. I've never had a sink disappear from having objects placed next to it. Are you using OMSPs?

Yes, but it still isn't working. As soon as I switch to live mode, the sink disappears.

In the pictures attached, the second is what it looks like when I put the objects by the sink in buy mode. The first picture is after switching to live mode.
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 2:28 AM
Have you tried a different sink?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 2:56 AM
Or a different counter?

That's strange though. I've never, ever had that happen. I assume your game is fully patched? (Although I'm not sure if this was ever an issue that fixed in a patch.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Or a different counter?

That's strange though. I've never, ever had that happen. I assume your game is fully patched? (Although I'm not sure if this was ever an issue that fixed in a patch.)

It does that with every sink and on all counters. :/
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 6:29 PM
This happens in my game as well. I just avoid putting stuff next to sinks - I assumed it happened in everyone's games. I wonder what's causing it....
Inventor
#8 Old 5th Sep 2022 at 2:42 AM
Upping this thread because I have the same problem. Is it related to OMSPs and slot blockers?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
Upping this thread because I have the same problem. Is it related to OMSPs and slot blockers?

I have this happen to me if I place something by the sink with moveobjects (where it snaps into the "back" slot of the counter), but putting it on an OMSP and then pushing it to that spot works fine and doesn't eat the sink. (I've become obsessive about putting soap next to every kitchen sink lol) Are you using OMSPs for it?
Inventor
#10 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 11:51 AM
@baticeer no, I snapped the object to the sink. But I can try out with an OMSP the next time (I do use Lamare's shiftable everything mod, but I guess an OMSP would be useful in this case)
Did slot blockers also eat up your sink?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
@baticeer no, I snapped the object to the sink. But I can try out with an OMSP the next time (I do use Lamare's shiftable everything mod, but I guess an OMSP would be useful in this case)
Did slot blockers also eat up your sink?

I don't have any slot blockers downloaded, but I imagine that they would -- since aren't they basically just a little deco cube with an invisible recolor and no interactions? If the sink doesn't work with random kitchen deco on the back slot I bet that a slot blocker would be the same. (Is there any reason why you would want a slot blocker there though? I thought Sims can't autonomously put anything on the back slot of counters anyway).
I attached a picture of how I do the kitchen sinks with soap on an OMSP, in case that's helpful, to show that it works
Screenshots