Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 9:30 PM Last edited by Ioanna : 27th Dec 2018 at 9:56 PM. Reason: I'm a bit of an idiot

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't get the game to run in Window Mode
Hi everyone, hope you guys are having a good holiday season. I just need a little help.

I recently got the 4gb Patch from NTcore as I was having memory issues, and while that has helped, it has brought up another problem, I can't run the game in window mode. I have tried doing the -w/-windows at the end of the target location in the properties tab, however it just says that that what is specified in the Target Box is not valid. Would appreciate any help as I do prefer the game in window mode rather than full screen.

EDIT: After changing the game to run in admin mode, it finally let me to do -w thing and now works....It threw my resolution on my desktop down to what i can only describe as 1998 levels, but a quick change in the desktop display settings has sorted it.

EDIT 2: Well it's running the game in windowed mode, but now I can't change the resolution of the actual window itself. I click on 1600x900 but it just stays as a small square.

EDIT 3: You know what I am? An idiot. Turns out I had click "Run in 640x480 Screen Resolution" in the Compatibility Settings. Oh well. I have learned from my mistakes. Hopefully if someone comes across this, my idiocy will at least help...or provide a bit of a laugh.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 9:26 AM
Well I think it's helpful. I didn't know that there was a resolution limit in the compatibility settings.