Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 4:45 PM Last edited by Zamira : 26th Sep 2019 at 4:59 PM.
Then I have a problem, which I write here, since we talked about these mods previously;
Yesterday I tried to download and put the NRass masterController, NRaas Overwatch, ErrorTrap, and Traffic mods, which were recommended to me;
But the game has crashed many times, as soon as I load a game, when it's about to finish loading it, it exits the game and closes the sims and even Origin ...
I tried to remove ErrorTrap, (I saw later that there was a version to download if it was played from Origin) and so it loads the game;
But with the NRass masterController, NRaas Overwatch and Traffic mods, graphic flaws come out to the city, especially to the sea, which by removing all those mods no longer appear ...
I don't understand why
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 3:01 AM
That is not the general user experience with ErrorTrap nor with the other mods. None of them have anything to do with graphics rendering directly.

However, it has been noted that you have reached and probably surpassed the point with your EPs where the GPU combo that you have can realistically service the game properly especially with Pets and Seasons in play. The throughput capacity even on your HD 8500M card just isn't there. I'm sorry to say this, but it sounds to me like you were just on the edge of playability before adding the mods and giving the game more to process at startup may have put things over the top.

To test this more fully though, you might try starting a new test game rather than loading an existing one to see how things perform. Or perhaps move out (or rename) your TS3 user game folder from Documents and try the NRaas mods on the new, no content, no prior saves game folder that will spawn to take its place. You can always put the prior folder back in place to continue gameplay after such a test.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 6:23 AM
Hi, I checked again, and I discovered that I was wrong by downloading the mods, I had only put the part of the optional mod, the MasterControllerCheats without the MasterController main part .... By putting that one, everything was fixed, and the game runs without problems.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 6:41 AM
That would indeed cause things to not work well, yes I would have to agree. Good job on narrowing down the problem, then.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 7:00 AM
Thanks, in the last few days I was too hasty, I downloaded it without paying attention and between the haste and the translation I got confused

With the NRaas mods and the esp travels, ambitions, and late night (in addition to the others I already had), for now it seems that everything goes well, even using all the esp together;
The PC does not overheat and the game is not late and does not freeze, both with old saves and with new ones ...
We hope to continue like this
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
That would indeed cause things to not work well, yes I would have to agree. Good job on narrowing down the problem, then.

I have only a doubt about ErrorTrap, the version compatible with origin is version 1.67 I have the version 1.69, but the version 100 compatible 1.69 is not compatible origin, which should I put?
And I can't find where to disable strays;
And they advised me to delete SNAP files in my world file every 3 or 4 weeks Sim, but I can't find them ...
Mad Poster
#32 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 5:18 PM Last edited by igazor : 27th Sep 2019 at 5:43 PM.
There are three variants of ErrorTrap being offered on the download page. The 1.69 variant is the one you want if you have a current Origin-controlled game. There is no such thing as Patch 1.69 without Origin for anyone. The two 1.67 variants are for players on Steam installs and "everyone else" (Mac players on Origin or otherwise, retail disc installs without Origin, much older versions of Origin where players have been offline since 2015).

All three of them are v100 of the mod. The only difference between them is the check for core versioning that happens at the very beginning. Using the "wrong" variant may cause a version mismatch warning to display when the game starts up, but that can be dismissed by clicking through it. Substantively they are all exactly the same because the game files themselves are exactly the same other than their internal build numbers. Someday in the future I am sure there will be a let's say v101 of the mod released and we will again provide all three variants to account for the different kinds of installs. It's the only one of our mods that is a Core Mod, other than UntranslatedKey which is really for developers, so that it cares about the install type and build numbers whereas all the rest of them can be used safely on either patch level.

Stray animals are covered by Animal Control, which is a function of NRaas Register. That one doesn't appear to be on your mod list yet, but many of us find it valuable for many reasons.

SNAP files can be cleaned up by using Save Cleaner or through a more tedious manual procedure employing S3PE. If you are using Save Cleaner though, then you are already doing this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
There are three variants of ErrorTrap being offered on the download page. The 1.69 variant is the one you want if you have a current Origin-controlled game. There is no such thing as Patch 1.69 without Origin for anyone. The two 1.67 variants are for players on Steam installs and "everyone else" (Mac players on Origin or otherwise, retail disc installs without Origin, much older versions of Origin where players have been offline since 2015).

All three of them are v100 of the mod. The only difference between them is the check for core versioning that happens at the very beginning. Using the "wrong" variant may cause a version mismatch warning to display when the game starts up, but that can be dismissed by clicking through it. Substantively they are all exactly the same because the game files themselves are exactly the same other than their internal build numbers. Someday in the future I am sure there will be a let's say v101 of the mod released and we will again provide all three variants to account for the different kinds of installs. It's the only one of our mods that is a Core Mod, other than UntranslatedKey which is really for developers, so that it cares about the install type and build numbers whereas all the rest of them can be used safely on either patch level.

Stray animals are covered by Animal Control, which is a function of NRaas Register. That one doesn't appear to be on your mod list yet, but many of us find it valuable for many reasons.

SNAP files can be cleaned up by using Save Cleaner or through a more tedious manual procedure employing S3PE. If you are using Save Cleaner though, then you are already doing this.

Now I understand, thanks for the explanations, really very kind;
In a few hours I'm going to try, put NRaas Register for the animals and try again with ErrorTrap.
Yes, I'm already using Save Cleaner, I didn't realize it was with SNAP cleaning ... sometimes I'm confused sorry ...
Scholar
#34 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zamira
Hi, now I understand what you meant, but how do you install them? Do you put them and work like EA worlds?

Yea you can install them through the sims 3 launcher just like the store content worlds.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
Yea you can install them through the sims 3 launcher just like the store content worlds.

ah ok perfect, I'll try tonight thanks
Another question, but when are the contents organized in the collections, where are the backup?
Scholar
#36 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 4:55 PM
ah ok perfect, I'll try tonight thanks
Another question, but when are the contents organized in the collections, where are the backup?

I don't understand what you mean. I'll answer based on what I think you mean. Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Installed worlds is where the world files get stored after you install them with the launcher. As for CC used with the worlds. They may give links to the CC or maybe it's packed alongside. Read the instructions for that.
This site MTS also has some really good worlds check them out.

Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 5:05 PM
I don't understand what you mean. I'll answer based on what I think you mean. Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Installed worlds is where the world files get stored after you install them with the launcher. As for CC used with the worlds. They may give links to the CC or maybe it's packed alongside. Read the instructions for that.
This site MTS also has some really good worlds check them out.

Hi, sorry if I didn't explain myself well, in this case I wasn't talking about the worlds;
The game allows you to create personal "collections" to find the objects to furnish the houses first, like the collections that the game already does with all the objects of an expansion, which you see in purchase mode;
Here is intedevo, where the files of those "collections" are saved in the game folders ...
Sorry again, I can't always explain well, since this is not my usual language ...
As for the worlds, I've seen some nice;
Tonight, if I can, I'll try some, thanks again for those explanations
Scholar
#38 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 5:35 PM
Hi, sorry if I didn't explain myself well, in this case I wasn't talking about the worlds;
The game allows you to create personal "collections" to find the objects to furnish the houses first, like the collections that the game already does with all the objects of an expansion, which you see in purchase mode;
Here is intedevo, where the files of those "collections" are saved in the game folders ...
Sorry again, I can't always explain well, since this is not my usual language ...
As for the worlds, I've seen some nice;
Tonight, if I can, I'll try some, thanks again for those explanations

I don't know much about the custom collections features. I have honestly never used it. I'm not good at building and don't focus on build/buy that much. Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Collections/ might be where it's saved. I wouldn't advise changing anything there. Keep backup if you do.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 9:38 PM
I don't know much about the custom collections features. I have honestly never used it. I'm not good at building and don't focus on build/buy that much. Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Collections/ might be where it's saved. I wouldn't advise changing anything there. Keep backup if you do.

Ok thanks, I'll keep the backup for safety, thanks for the advice;
It was more than anything else curiosity.
Page 2 of 2