Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 8:13 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Patches 7 and 8 are blocked on my laptop
Hiya, a forum member was kind enough to direct me to the patch section of the site, I was not aware that the expansions and stuff packs had patches. I installed most of them without difficulty, but the patches for Free Time and Apartment Living are both "blocked for my protection" on my windows 10 laptop. I tried disabling the smart filter crap and the defender stuff and a couple other fixes I found online, but nothing I do makes the "blocked" message go away. Is there a different way to install the patch or an alternative download on this site? I know this site is safe and I don't feel good about downloading from one I haven't tried yet.. Also, I cannot install the patches for Pets or Family Fun Stuff. They both came in the Fun with Pets set bundled with Mansion and Garden Stuff on a single disc and when I try to install the patches, it tells me the expansions aren't installed on my laptop. Any help is appreciated!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 11:08 AM
Hi @simmysmalls
No, the patches aren't available anywhere else- the link I gave you on the other thread was for the Wiki which is hosted here on MTS:
Game Help:TS2 Patcheswiki
Those files are hosted here on MTS's servers and are safe to use. They aren't hosted anywhere else on MTS. What is the error that you are getting exactly? Could you screenshot it?

Any expansions that you have which are part of a bundle should be already fully patched, so you don't need to worry about patching those, just the EPs you have seperately.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Hi @simmysmalls
No, the patches aren't available anywhere else- the link I gave you on the other thread was for the Wiki which is hosted here on MTS:
Game Help:TS2 Patcheswiki
Those files are hosted here on MTS's servers and are safe to use. They aren't hosted anywhere else on MTS. What is the error that you are getting exactly? Could you screenshot it?

Any expansions that you have which are part of a bundle should be already fully patched, so you don't need to worry about patching those, just the EPs you have seperately.

Hi again, sorry I meant to delete this thread. I messed around a bit more with the grumpy cat loader you linked me too and while I couldn't get the H&M stuff to install, I was able to boot up those two patches through the loader. It was just giving me the basic windows 10 "an administrator has blocked this app for your protection" thing and there was no way to install the patches normally. I'm getting the same error now trying to install the Ikea stuff pack, just the windows error. Opening it with administrator privilege's won't work nor does the grumpy cat, idk what else to try but the patches work fine now. Thanks for the response
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 1:02 PM
Oh good, glad you got it working!