Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2022 at 4:13 AM Last edited by Rinari : 12th Jun 2022 at 4:36 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [SOLVED] Married Sims Not Getting Red Hearts
Hello, everyone. It seems that I've come across a glitch after playing with many mods. I have a couple who are married but for some reason, the relationship to each other will show that they are crushes when they really shouldn't be.

I figured this was weird and did the usual; isolate the mods folder/purging it and then deleting the cache files. Still nothing. No fix, nothing. Ok. I decided then to go to another family to play with. For reference, I played the Old Town custom neighborhood on MTS, so I went with the Burb family. I noticed something very peculiar. The husband does show his wants and is fine.

The wife and child both do not have their wants showing up, weirdly enough.

I then tried another neighborhood I downloaded called Oaken Valley and loaded up a family. Well, their wants show up (children as well) but it still shows that the married couple are still under a crush and not in love. (I forgot to take a photo of this.) I am honestly devastated if my neighborhoods are corrupted. I would like to also add that I tried the vanilla game neighborhoods like Pleasantville by loading up the Pleasant family and even with Mary Sue doing romantic interactions with Daniel, they do not gain red hearts. Period. However, his relationship with Kaylynn still shows he's in love with her so that wasn't effected. I am at my wits end here with what to even do anymore.

What I do recall really messing things was downloading a mod - not blaming the creator at all - where it was called develop crush/love.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Jun 2022 at 4:33 AM
That's just how the UI is. The marriage icon goes in the same slot as the love icon, so it can't show you both of them.

Blank want slots just happens sometimes. Just reroll wants and they should show up.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Jun 2022 at 5:03 AM
The upper line shows short-term relationships and the lower line long-term relationships (broadly speaking, anyway). Sims can for instance be married/engaged and have a somewhat okay relationship long-term, but be somewhat angry at each other in the daily relationship - or have a gradually failing love life but still be good friends, because they've got a long-term status as married but short-term whatever else.

Crush (pink heart) is in the daily/short-term relationship in the upper line slot.

Love (red heart)/Engaged/married all share the same slot in the lower line, and change when the sim's status does. If I'm not remembering it completely wrong, I think the "Go steady" (double pink heart) for teens is also in the lower line slot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Jun 2022 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The upper line shows short-term relationships and the lower line long-term relationships (broadly speaking, anyway). Sims can for instance be married/engaged and have a somewhat okay relationship long-term, but be somewhat angry at each other in the daily relationship - or have a gradually failing love life but still be good friends, because they've got a long-term status as married but short-term whatever else.

Crush (pink heart) is in the daily/short-term relationship in the upper line slot.

Love (red heart)/Engaged/married all share the same slot in the lower line, and change when the sim's status does. If I'm not remembering it completely wrong, I think the "Go steady" (double pink heart) for teens is also in the lower line slot.

I will admit I did a thing with a mod by Midge the Tree called develop crush/love. I had my male sim in the first photo somehow fall in love with the townie (by accident) but she had a crush on him that turned to love. I figured this mod (and many other relationship mods) may have messed up my hood, but nope. Like I said in my post, I had completely moved out all of the mods and the game still ran like this. (As in married couple not having red hearts.) To be fair, my male sim did get the memory of having an affair and I don't know if that would affect why the red hearts are not popping up for both him and his wife. (His wife has no idea he cheated before they tied the knot.)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Jun 2022 at 2:57 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Jun 2022 at 3:14 PM.
The relationship panel works the way as described above. The pink "Crush" heart is in the daily/short-term relationship panel, so it'll stay there. The red heart will be replaced with Go Steady/engaged/married, whichever fits the age/status of the sims (and will change for both sims), but all of those options usually mean the sims are still in love.

This is perfectly normal game behavior, nothing to worry about.

---

If you mean the various heart effects above their heads when they get the status updates to their relationships, these only appears at the time when that status is applied, and only last for a few seconds.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Jun 2022 at 2:57 PM
Please pay attention. All your married couples will be that. If you can show us a single instance of a married couple with a red heart we will be amazed. They're in love, I promise. This is not a problem. It has nothing to do with any mods.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 12th Jun 2022 at 4:33 PM
Picture of my sims- very much in love and engaged:

If they get married the wedding rings will replace the engagement rings, the crush heart will show but the love heart will never show (as it is superceded by the rings).
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Jun 2022 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Please pay attention. All your married couples will be that. If you can show us a single instance of a married couple with a red heart we will be amazed.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic but I don't appreciate the sentiment. You don't have to be rude. I just had no idea this actually happened. The reason this irks me is because I wanted to use the Shareable Shower mod and it simply does not tick with the couple I play with. It's whatever. I'll just remove the mod since it doesn't work for me and play as is.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jun 2022 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Picture of my sims- very much in love and engaged:

If they get married the wedding rings will replace the engagement rings, the crush heart will show but the love heart will never show (as it is superceded by the rings).

Thank you for clarifying! Again, I had no idea this actually happened in-game. I've always played Sims 2 UC but the detail/thought never occurred to me.

Edit: I found out the issue wasn't the game and simply the mod! Once I installed the regular Shared Shower version (without the temperature mod), it worked!

I'll mark the thread as solved. Thanks, everyone!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 12th Jun 2022 at 5:02 PM
I was stating a fact, dear. My mind would be blown if you could show me that - and in this game, I don't write off anything that anyone says happens to them. I call nothing impossible.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)