Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 12:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default What is my best bet for recovering gravestones?
For some random reason, all 6 of the Goth gravestones vanished. IDK if it was a hoodchecker thing I overlooked since my last use (but unlikely since I checked my usual grave sites when it insists on moving to a comm lot only to find nothing) or a glitch, but irregardless, what is my best option for getting them back?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 4:48 PM
You have two options.

The easier method would be to use The Urnstone Spawner .

A more tedious method, and the one I use, would require the SimBlender and the FFS Lot Debugger.

1. Go into Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous and place the SimBlender and FFS Lot Debugger on your sim's lot.
2. Pause your game and click on the SimBlender. Go into Transport and select Enable Summon Menu.
3. Go into Transport again and click Summon. You should see a bunch of family names. Since the sim you'd want to summon is dead, go into the Default family as that's where deceased sims are stored.
4. Find the name of your sim (they'd have their full name listed) and click on them to summon them.
5. Open the cheat console (CTRL+SHIFT+C) and type boolprop testingcheatsenabled true into it.
6. CTRL click on the summoned sim and select Make Selectable. They should appear in the Sim Chooser. Click on them.
7. Using the summoned sim, hold CTRL and click on the FFS Lot Debugger. There should be an option called Recover Tombstone, or something like that. Click it and once you unpause the game, the sim should fade leaving their tombstone behind.

This is provided they have data though, since I seem to remember the Goth ancestors being unlinked, but I could be getting confused. The first method would be more ideal and easier.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 7:19 PM
The teleporter cat does nothing but summon/zap sims, so using that instead of the SimBlender would save you a step.
The testingcheats have to be entered from neighborhood view, so do that before the rest.
The Urnstone Spawner is awesome and easy to use. Now I have it I don't intend to use the old method ever again.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jul 2022 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
You have two options.

The easier method would be to use The Urnstone Spawner .

A more tedious method, and the one I use, would require the SimBlender and the FFS Lot Debugger.

1. Go into Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous and place the SimBlender and FFS Lot Debugger on your sim's lot.
2. Pause your game and click on the SimBlender. Go into Transport and select Enable Summon Menu.
3. Go into Transport again and click Summon. You should see a bunch of family names. Since the sim you'd want to summon is dead, go into the Default family as that's where deceased sims are stored.
4. Find the name of your sim (they'd have their full name listed) and click on them to summon them.
5. Open the cheat console (CTRL+SHIFT+C) and type boolprop testingcheatsenabled true into it.
6. CTRL click on the summoned sim and select Make Selectable. They should appear in the Sim Chooser. Click on them.
7. Using the summoned sim, hold CTRL and click on the FFS Lot Debugger. There should be an option called Recover Tombstone, or something like that. Click it and once you unpause the game, the sim should fade leaving their tombstone behind.

This is provided they have data though, since I seem to remember the Goth ancestors being unlinked, but I could be getting confused. The first method would be more ideal and easier.

I'm using meetme2theriver's cleaned version, so no issues there. As for Peni's advice, no issues there. I keep testing cheats on through my userstartup.cheat. I'm no newbie. Been playing since 2007, I've just never dealt with this particular issue before.