Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 10:43 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is it safe to add Mystery Sim to non-mystery sim typical memories in SimPE?
I want to make a sim who's first husband has died (he exists so the memories relating to him will be correct), but I want her to have married a second sim who she later divorces, and moves neighborhoods from. So the divorced husband won't be in the hood, nor will he exist. I'd rather just use Mystery sim as a standin for memories for storytelling purposes, so using it in things like "married Mystery Sim" etc etc, but I'm not sure if that's safe or if it could lead to issues later down using Mystery Sim for non typical memories. Worst case scenario I'll make him a townie, or try to Pleasantview Bella Goth-ify him and give him a dead tokens, but I'd rather he just not actually exist at all. So is it safe to use Mystery sim? I can't find any threads about it via google.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 11:36 PM
I've done the exact same thing in a custom hood I'm working on, it's safe.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
I've done the exact same thing in a custom hood I'm working on, it's safe.

Perfect, thank you!