Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 6:30 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default chairs and censorship
Hello, I have two questions (ok, I have many questions), but today I will only bother you with two, recently I have formatted my PC, and I was tired of installing many programs, windows updates and my collection of sims 2 is the old one, already you know DVDs and CDs, ok, ea games had given me their deluxe ultimate blah blah collection a long time ago, and that's the one I downloaded and installed, and I'm not able to remove all the censorship I used the one posted here (nocensor. package) , and I still see those horrible blocks / squares , the truth is that the sims for me, do not see anything that is censurable... but I understand whoever wants to see it like that, the commands have not helped me either. Can you help me?.
Since I write, I take advantage and post that I had this other problem with my old installation too, it is not from the ultimate collection, the sims sometimes leave me with the chairs misplaced and only with move objects on / off and I have to sell them and go back to buy, and sometimes I do the asylum challenge and that is not allowed, I sent you a screenshot of both problems, the one with censorship is only from the ultimate collection, the one with the chairs happens in both editions. Thank you
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 7:14 PM
About the chairs - have you placed them next to the table with or without cheats? Chairs and tables/desks are best placed without cheats, because if you use cheats they aren't actually slotted together with the table, so when the sim are done with them, they'll push it further away to get out, instead of pushing it back into the table slot.

The chair to the right looks like it's been placed into the table slot. You'll usually know after you've placed them in buy mode, because the chairs will usually auto-adjust when you go back to live mode if they've been placed correctly.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 11:11 PM
no, I never use cheats to put beds, tables, chairs, etc.. I used the cheat, since I got the message "this object is in use" , and I couldn't move or sell it, I just used move objects on , and it happens with different chairs, not just the ones in the picture.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 12:44 AM
Have you tried activating testingcheats? Could be there's a bug that causes them to jump out of the chair, leaving the chair in that position, but if it only happens sometimes you won't always catch it.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Missdabone
I'm not able to remove all the censorship I used the one posted here (nocensor. package) , and I still see those horrible blocks / squares
The one I use has the filename quaxi_nl_censor_v1.package and I downloaded it in May 2013, about 6 months after I started to play the Sims 2. I'm pretty sure it was the one recommended here at the time. I got it on our adult sister site Sexy Sims. It's been working perfectly for me ever since I got it, but I see it has "nl" in the filename, so it may not be the right version if you have all EPs. (It's a long time since I got mine.) I suggest you look for it on Sexy Sims.

As I recall, Quaxi was the original author of SimPE (or one of them), so it should be well written.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
The one I use has the filename quaxi_nl_censor_v1.package and I downloaded it in May 2013, about 6 months after I started to play the Sims 2. I'm pretty sure it was the one recommended here at the time. I got it on our adult sister site Sexy Sims. It's been working perfectly for me ever since I got it, but I see it has "nl" in the filename, so it may not be the right version if you have all EPs. (It's a long time since I got mine.) I suggest you look for it on Sexy Sims.

As I recall, Quaxi was the original author of SimPE (or one of them), so it should be well written.

Thank you very much AndrewGloria, I downloaded two things, and quaxipetscensorv1 worked for me, the SeeThem2 program, it will surely work too, since on that page you gave me, it even says mansions and gardens, but the first one has worked for me, so I'll keep it in case in other toilets, showers, situations etc… It doesn't work, to be honest in my old version, I don't know what I used, but I never saw the censorship (??), I don't remember anymore.
About the chairs, I never used testingcheats, and I don't know what you mean when you say that a bug jumps, now I'm with very little personalized content, I saved my old game and I'm with another game.
Can you give me a page where I can hunt that bug?, Thank you both
P.S: a curious thing also happens to me in the beds, they are hollow, as if there were sims inside, it is annoying, but not as much as the chairs, but this happens more often, is there any fix for this?
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#7 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 10:34 PM
The "hollow beds" indicate that the last time they were being used, Sims were in them. Then something happened and the Sims reset. Some mods or changes to the game will cause such a reset. Was there a time when you went into the game and all the sleeping Sims were standing next to those beds? The same thing could have happened with the table and chairs.

I've had "hollow beds" quite often after making different changes to my game. One such change could be inviting that sleeping Sim to move in to a different family while playing on another lot. When you return to their home lot, the bed may be "hollow" since that SIm is no longer a part of that family. There are other changes such as adding or removing some mods or CC which can cause it as well. But If I send another Sim to sleep in that "hollow bed" again, the covers will reset back to their normal state. They've never caused me any problems other than how they look.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 12:05 AM
There's a discussion of a few variants of the censor file here: https://modthesims.info/showthread....stpost&t=667285, and a Pets version of Quaxi's mod (likely the newest).

If you have SimPE there's an option in the settings you can tick to turn off the blur, too.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 12:10 AM
I have not modified anything, moreover, as I indicate, I am playing a new game, with very little personalized content, the only thing different is that I play with the ultimate collection, and not the normal collection, those sims have been there since I created them, there are no removals, they haven't stood up, etc... the thing about the chairs, it happens less and more time, and if it's annoying, since I have to use the move objects trick, if not, I can't move them or sell them, nor can they use them... .
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Aug 2022 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
There's a discussion of a few variants of the censor file here: https://modthesims.info/showthread....stpost&t=667285, and a Pets version of Quaxi's mod (likely the newest).

If you have SimPE there's an option in the settings you can tick to turn off the blur, too.

yes, I don't see censorship anymore, besides, I never saw the children censored, how horrible... I just saw that post, and it's horrible that they censor that, I found that file on another website, but thanks, I'll save that file, now that with UC the censorship is removed as normal, that issue is fixed.