Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 1:15 AM
Default Raising Babies Challenge
Can you help out Dana? She just gave birth to septuplets! This challenge is not for the faint of heart - seven babies and just one parent is going to be one heck of a challenge. Share your strategies and get help here!

Download the lot at The Sims Society Real Estate forum, challenge department (registration required to get download). The lot is absolutely safe to download. There are no hacks and no use of CC.

The Challenge:
Raise the babies into happy, well educated and mannered adults.

Rules:
• No use of any cheats
• You may hire as many nannies as you like.

Point system toddlers:

For every toddler that is potty trained: 10 points
For every toddler that was taught to walk: 10 points
For every toddler that was taught to talk: 10 points

All toddlers potty trained: 50 bonus points
All toddlers walking: 50 bonus points
All toddlers talking: 50 bonus points

All toddlers potty trained, walking and talking: 100 bonus points!

Point system children:

A+ at school: 25 points
Taught to do homework: 25 points
Making a friend: 10 points
Gain skill point: 25 points

Point system teens:

Reach top of career: 50 points
First kiss: 100 points
Gain skill point: 50 points
Scholar ship: 100 points

For now: the challenge will be over when every baby enters university!
Advertisement
#2 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 3:21 PM
Ok it's clear there are no cheats, but are the aspiration rewards allowed?
#3 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 12:40 PM
i might give it a shot,
but can i ask how you got seven babies?
maybe this is a stupid question
*rethinks whole idea*
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 2:27 PM
By downloading the lot linked to in the post
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#5 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 1:37 PM
Is this 10 points for making a friend, PERIOD, or 10 points for EACH friend? Per kid? I see an unlimited-score exploit here. And gaining a skillpoint: Net or gross? Do I get points for every skillpoint gained period? Or do I have to actually keep that skillpoint?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 11:06 PM
Okay, my question is - can Dana get married?

Angie
#7 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 6:24 AM
And my question is, can you do this with any Sim, since I don't download.

@angayle36: I doubt it. If there are seven babies and one adult in the house, she can't get married, unless one of the babies moves out. By the time all the babies grow up, she'll be an elder.
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 9:45 PM
Okay - I've been playing this for 3 days. OMG - the kids have been taken away 3x by social services! I keep firing the same 2 nannies every day - they lay the babies down every where (even outside) after feeding them, they MIGHT change diapers, AND the nannies pee on themselves. I've only found 1 nanny that's worth anything. Every time I call for new nannies - the same 2 show up again! What's with that?

Okay, has anyone been able to get them past infant stage? LOL How long do they stay an infant, child, etc?

Angie
Field Researcher
#9 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 6:16 PM
Is use of the DMA nanny considered a cheat for this challenge?
http://www.valdea.com/
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 3:35 AM
A servo would be nice! LOL

Angie
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 8:28 PM
Forum doesn't work, link goes to site not found.
retired moderator
#12 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 8:32 PM
It looks like the forum has scrapped some of their threads. This is the homepage, so poke around to see if you can find it. Otherwise... worry!
http://www.thesimssociety.com/

Formerly known as boolPropped
Instructor
#13 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 7:41 AM
use the Insiminator thats what I used
Mad Poster
#14 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 5:03 PM
Can I try myself at this challenge, even if i don't have UN ?
since the children have to reach the University....

hoping this challenge is not over yet...

Thanks,
Rosemary :0)

But anyways...I downloaded it !!!
I'll try to have fun with babies now...LOL
Scholar
#15 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 11:29 PM
The lot and challenge can now be found here:

http://thesimssociety.com/ForumSMF/...php?topic=182.0

My newest downloads are on Simified.
Older downloads and stuff that didn't get transferred to Simified are on my Livejournal.
Say NO to ugly square shadows in TS3! Grab the fix today!
#16 Old 16th Aug 2006 at 2:51 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 5:50 PM.
Default The Sims Society raising babies challenge! original
This is a challenge without a deadline!

The Sims Society Baby raising challenge!

Can you help out Dana? She just gave birth to septuplets!

Download the lot at The Sims Society Real Estate forum, in the challenge department. The lot is absolutely safe to download. There are no hacks and no use of CC.

The Challenge:
Raise the babies into happy, well educated and mannered adults.

Rules:
• No use of any cheats
• You may hire as many nannies as you like.

Point system toddlers:

For every toddler that is potty trained: 10 points
For every toddler that was taught to walk: 10 points
For every toddler that was taught to talk: 10 points

All toddlers potty trained: 50 bonus points
All toddlers walking: 50 bonus points
All toddlers talking: 50 bonus points

All toddlers potty trained, walking and talking: 100 bonus points!

Point system children:

Taught to do homework: 25 points
Making a friend: 10 points
Gain skill point: 25 points

Point system teens:

Reach top of career: 50 points
First kiss: 100 points
Gain skill point: 50 points
Scholar ship: 100 points

For now: the challenge will be over when every baby enters university! (We may continue at a later stage)

You can find the challenge at: The Sims Society Forum
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Aug 2006 at 11:08 PM
I was just wondering if smart milk counts as cheating?
#18 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 6:15 AM
Nope, you can use the instruments that you earned.
Test Subject
#19 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 11:05 AM
cool i might give this a go.good idea!
#20 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 11:07 AM
this sounds really good, i may give this a whirl
#21 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 12:48 PM
Good luck! You'll need it
Alchemist
#22 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 12:55 PM
I want to try this too .

EDIT: well, I tried. It's not easy! I made my own sims though (I just like having my own) and had her give birth to consecutive quads and triplets to re-create the scenario (Grim Reaper is the fater, btw! ). Four girls and 3 boys, all looking very much alike. I think the main problem is that sims just don't move quickly enough to be able to handle 7 babies. By the time she changed 3 of them, 4 others were crying and so on. And let's not forget the poor girl has her needs too, which were low all the time.

I had 1 or 2 nannies hired at all times just to keep the babies with a minimum of care. Of course, she put them on the floor most of the time so cribs were almost useless. All the stinky diapers and bottles on the floor were a problem too, for they took an enormous dive on the environment score and there was very little time available to clean them up.

They're toddlers now, though. I'm not sure if this is something to be happy or afraid of :P

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
#23 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 4:19 PM
*Hides* Prepare yourself for the worst time ever! lol It's an awfull long three days
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 4:40 PM
Why can't I find the download? Heh. I must be blind.

edit// not blind, just needed to register! Here I go!
Alchemist
#25 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 11:59 PM
Mariella, that's an understatement. LOL it was pandemonium! Stinky babies, stinky bottles and diapers EVERYWHERE, and to top it all, stinky nannies who peed their pants regularly because working around the clock didn't allow them time to use the bathrooms, then the kids splasing the puddles (eww) and playing with the toilets thus creating MORE puddles.

Did anyone think toddlers are easier to handle than unselectable babies? Wrong! Suddenly they moved, had needs and aspirations, and all tried to follow their mother downstairs almost all the time when the poor thing was eating, and ta-daa! The way was blocked, nannies whined, babies pooped their pants and more and more diapers were left lying on the floor surrounded by flies. What fun! :D

Got some pics, toddler stage and later only. I was totally flabbergasted at first and didnt bother to stop to take pics.

Meet the unluckiest sim in Veronaville: Hannelore Westenra. She used to have a normal life, a happy life one might say. A home, and a boyfriend with a nice paycheck, life was going great. And then, disaster struck. The boyfriend died, and Hannelore was left on her own in the big house; she was planning to sell it and get a smaller place for herself, but little did she know, she would be needing all the room she could get! She was pregnant! And, as it turned out, Death has a strange sense of humour and left her a little "present" ...or better said, seven little presents. Seven screaming, squirming hectic babies as it turned out.

Poor thing....

Okay enough of the backstory and on to some piccies...although they don't even begin to describe the extent of the disaster. Still these are the only ones I got:

I'm sad to say neither of them learned to walk, talk, but two were *almost* potty trained. There just wasn't enough time, and they were in too bad a mood to comply, plus those nannies kept wanting to feed them, even if they weren't hungry of course and thus adding to the growing pile of stinky bottles. They did keep them alive however. That agency must hate them by now lol. Two nannies were in the house at all time and other two were called in when those left, exhausted, nearly starved and surrounded by green smoke. They did learn some skills though by playing with various toys.

But they're children now! Woo! Six of them actually grew up well, not fantastic but in green, only one of them (Leon the redheaded boy) grew up badly, aww. He's better now. In fact, things are *much* better, and I've made them clean up the mess they've made for years I couldnt really afford the maid anymore either since almost all their money has gone on nannies and a maid who could never finish cleaning up anyway.

At the table. Kids are a lot more self-suficient, thank god, and they can survive on snacks and muffins, and even though it's still demanding, with 8 sims on the lot, basically once they're kids you're out of the woods...almost. There's the matter of homework now, and keeping them in green aspiration. Still, easier than before!

A family portrait. Aren't they cuute? (Hmm I realized Hannelore is in her PJs all the time lol. she barely had time to do much else but sleep, eat and tend to the little horrors!)

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Page 1 of 5