Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#3151 Old 27th Oct 2021 at 10:55 PM
I've been slow getting this going because I've had to search for content to add to the game.I got a few additions to my town's service center lat time I loaded my game.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#3152 Old 29th Nov 2021 at 3:41 AM
Hello everyone! I've made my way back here again after starting a new ToT challenge. Unfortunately my first neighborhood is lost forever on my old computer which made me very sad because I'd gotten really attached to those pixel families, but on to the next neighborhood... I'm doing things a bit different this go around and let me tell you that I've already gotten drama happening in round one and I'm excited about it. I'm attempting to record my playthroughs again just as a video diary for myself to look back on and wanted to share it with you all as well. I'm doing my best to keep this neighborhood safe and free of corruption this time. Here's the link to my first video if anyone is interested ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFtBCHyS80g I'll update again soon, later!
Mad Poster
#3153 Old 30th Nov 2021 at 2:11 PM
I've still got to add more CC for my TOT game and finish setting the town up before the settlers arrive in the 16th century colonial era.Mine is starting out with the MCC colonization of the New World later to be know as North America.I found a new map here that just might work for he TOT challenge if anybody else is about to start over and I'll also use it in mine for when my colony is ready to expand.
Test Subject
#3154 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 4:30 PM
such a cool challenge!
Test Subject
#3155 Old 7th Dec 2021 at 3:42 AM
I'm almost done with my first rotation, I've got one more household to play. The health rolls that I added to my gameplay are making me very anxious, but excited to play and its completely random so I never know how my sims will fare. I just uploaded part 2 of my gameplay here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cwJ9X4QYeo

@TadOlson Can you upload a picture of the map that you're using? Will you be documenting your challenge I'd like to check it out!
Mad Poster
#3156 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 4:54 AM
Here's a few pictures of my town being used in my TOT challenge as the colonial settlement for a MCC colony established in the new world in the 16th century.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#3157 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 7:23 PM
I just posted a new episode of my ToT challenge! You can watch it here https://youtu.be/OEOyS5hilWQ
I won't spoil what happens in this episode, but I'll just say that it was very shocking! I need to decided how I will continue my challenge now.
Mad Poster
#3158 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 2:27 AM
I just added a few updates to my town for my TOT game in RC.I added a few things to the service center and a barn to the town for work crews.
Test Subject
#3159 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 12:52 AM
Happy New Years!!!
I'm finally back with another episode of my ToT challenge here ---> https://youtu.be/SUwqf2IhnDI
How are y'all doing in your challenges? I took a little break over the holidays, but I'm back playing in my neighborhood and ready for the drama lol!
Mad Poster
#3160 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 1:04 AM
I've been planning to get back into mine to do more work on the home lot and to create my first couple for my 16th century colonial settlers.
Lab Assistant
#3161 Old 2nd Feb 2022 at 9:03 AM
Default CC for Test of Time!
Quote: Originally posted by ejheidyyano
Please anyone recomend cc sites for this challenge. i want to begin this but i think is so strange my sim use a clothe of other epoc. thx

My website had tons of links to cc: www.sims2testoftime.weebly.com.
For cc, begin with the rules page which has links for things like clean hood, and mods to reduce number of townies, and other mods that make the test of time better.
Then click on Where Can I Find? That is my stone age link with all the stone age goodies. It's sorted by category.
When you are ready for other eras, I have a separate page of links for each.
I am reworking the Test of Time rules, which is summarized on my home page, so you will find more pages of links than the original rules call for.
I stuck to only links to things I want to use in my game. I needed to reference it later, so I decided to share.
You'll love it! With my links you can make it seem like the game is made for that era. Your sims can hunt and eat their kill. Raise farm animals and eat their milk, eggs, butchered animals. Gather wood and build fires from the wood. Bathe only if they've fetched water. Make more (usable) things than the game gave you. And not have to see a modern thing....so many replacements...roads, mailboxes, npc vehicles, etc.

Visit my Test of Time Challenge site: sims2testoftime.weebly.com.
Lab Assistant
#3162 Old 2nd Feb 2022 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by girls
@Chicklet how are you getting on with your rules?

If there is interest in my rules I'm happy to share. I've been posting them on my website slowly because at this point it involves going to a library as it's so slow on the phone and my sims computer is too old to connect to internet. (I download cc onto an external drive at the library, and load it onto my computer when I get to that era.)
If you are interested, I can answer questions here, or if you're getting close to one of the eras, that will motivate me to spend more time at the library. They finally opened back up here.
I actually have some partially done, but want to finish the section before making the post public.
I have thought about each era a lot. So if anyone has questions I'm ready.

Lab Assistant
#3163 Old 2nd Feb 2022 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I've still got to add more CC for my TOT game and finish setting the town up before the settlers arrive in the 16th century colonial era.Mine is starting out with the MCC colonization of the New World later to be know as North America.I found a new map here that just might work for he TOT challenge if anybody else is about to start over and I'll also use it in mine for when my colony is ready to expand.

Please tell about MCC colonization. Do you have the rules somewhere? I'm excited to eventually play out the colonies, and would love ideas.

Mad Poster
#3164 Old 2nd Feb 2022 at 1:50 PM
There's a hread here for the orignal one though mine is about the early attempts at starting colonies in the new world in the 16th century as mariner sponsored colonies because fishing fleets needed safe harbors in the new world to restock and sometimes repair their ships.I've got my game heavily Modded out to get it set up for a pre-modern style with options for some lots to become modern earlier.
Lab Assistant
#3165 Old 4th Feb 2022 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
There's a hread here for the orignal one though mine is about the early attempts at starting colonies in the new world in the 16th century as mariner sponsored colonies because fishing fleets needed safe harbors in the new world to restock and sometimes repair their ships.I've got my game heavily Modded out to get it set up for a pre-modern style with options for some lots to become modern earlier.

I would love to hear how you do this. Is it just like mcc with a different time/location? Did you change/add some rules?
Check out the tv show Jamestown. It's by the makers of Downton Abbey. Good show. Had me thinking of that era in ToT while I watched. Even gave me some ideas.

Mad Poster
#3166 Old 4th Feb 2022 at 8:02 PM
It was a version that was about establishing a colony in the new world in the 16th century and the theme was about starting over in a new homeland instead of staying in the old homeland and still having the restrictions.
Inventor
#3167 Old 28th Feb 2022 at 9:39 AM
Hi all! I wonder if any of the original simmers playing this challenge are still around? Anyway, I'm back after a long hiatus. I had to start new due to computer issues and my inability to remember to create backups, but my new Gen One is up on my website. Link is in my signature.

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Mad Poster
#3168 Old 28th Feb 2022 at 8:02 PM
I'm currently putting my normal play on hold to remove some buyable soap displays from community lots before updating the files as it's changed a lot.I've also been adding more content that will work for my TOT challenge and any other game I play.
Field Researcher
#3169 Old 1st Mar 2022 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VioletPadfoot
Hi all! I wonder if any of the original simmers playing this challenge are still around?

Hi VioletPadfoot, and welcome back! Don't know if you remember me, but I'm still here! Not actively playing the challenge at the moment, but still lurking on the thread and debating doing a new ToT as a side project. If I do, I might post about it here, or I might not - I'm autistic and very socially awkward, so I've had a few clashes and misunderstandings on MTS threads in the past, and I prefer to avoid drama so... just been quietly following the challenge forums for a couple of years.

simblr
Home of my Kulo Seeri Test of Time and a lot of worldbuilder rambling. You have been warned.
Mad Poster
#3170 Old 4th Mar 2022 at 2:23 AM
@nuidyaforever -Hi there!I've been setting up my own TOT challenge in Riverview City downloaded from this site only it's the terrain template and I'm starting with exploration and colonizaion of the new world in the 16th and 17th century era with the first settlers arriving from Europe in 1525.I'm a bit socially awkward from having gender idenity disorder and not beng able to fully identify with my birth gender.I idenify an nonbinary.Dyphoria causes an tone of the awkardness because I hate my given name which matches my birth gender and other things cause that as well.
Lab Assistant
#3171 Old 26th Mar 2022 at 1:40 AM Last edited by Eldonyx : 26th Mar 2022 at 2:42 AM.
Default Why do I keep writing these huge posts?
Hi! Still alive, yes, although I have more or less given up on updating my own site since it took way too much of my free time to my liking and was rather tedious to do, plus the way the story is presented is not really to my liking. I might get back to it eventually, but honestly, don't hold your breath.

I do still play the challenge, however, although I have been on the same round (Round 11) for about a year and a half now... Because I decided that it would be the last round in Prehistory, and that Round 12 would mark the beginning of Antiquity since my first Gen03 sims will be becoming adults and I felt I might be beginning to lose interest.

That meant:
- Figuring out my own version of the rules, which got complicated by me wanting to include the traits system and more of Sun&Moon's stuff and Midgethetree's new occults and hereditary supernaturalism, and other mods I found since I started the challenge, but didn't include until now because I feared they would change the gameplay too much (but a new era would be the perfect point to introduce such things...) The whole thing has gotten far too complex, honestly, because I keep getting new ideas...

- Building lots of stuff. The Great Temple and necropolis is the only lot I have actually finished so far. I want to make baths, an imperial palace, complexes for each of the five clans (as in clustered lots for the nobles, plebians and slaves with a unique architecture for each clan) plus the clergy, a market composed of several small business lots... And building means finding and downloading CC, too, or just finding the stuff I want in my already extensive collection, which is not always easy!
And I want to use the Compressorizer and CCMerger on everything I can, too, because as things are right now, my game takes about half an hour to load. And hunt down and eliminate all the special characters left in my filenames, too. And reorganize my downloads folder, while I'm at it.

- Finding clothes for every clan and social status - and then recoloring said clothing to my standard fabric palette, which is itself still in development (so that part is actually on the to-do list rather than a work-in-progress, unfortunately)...

And then I decided to change my hair color palette, which meant remaking all my hairs since I use my own colors (I only have about a dozen done...). And change the skins and eyes I use, which meant modifying every single sim's genetics in SimPE since I could never stick just to defaults (let me tell you, the next time something like that crosses my mind, I'll just start another neighborhood instead. I currently have 145 sims in my game, living and dead. It took forever, and some sims got borked in the process, although I did eventually fix them. I had to copy-paste so. much. stuff...). And that also meant remaking my multi-PT and multi-Plantsim mods to use the new skins and eyes as well (the longest part of that is making the sims, honestly, especially for the 16-sims multi-PT. The mods themselves are actually quite simple to make, although I haven't been able to figure out how to make a multi-IP that uses more than 4 sims yet, unfortunately).

And then I finally figured out how to make overlay boxes with facial textures that can stack, and I have so many in the works... Neutral witch tattoos in line with ClericalRodent's and Castaway tattoos are done, as well as vilitigo in my new selection of skintones, but I also want werewolf and satyr fur that match my 40-color hair palette, and mermaid scales that won't clutter the clothing tab, and alien spots modified from Zesta02's Zoen skin, and Petchy and Ashiesha spots, and Trapping's NabilaBenghalis' stripes (although I do need to check if Trapping allows that kind of stuff beforehand...), and some of the motifs on FantasyRogue's alien skins, all in several colors, so that my aliens and alien hybrids can all get unique markings without the need of a bazillion skins, and someone can inherit one parent's skintone with the other's markings... (If someone knows of good-looking, full-body alien markings available as transparent textures out there, by the way, I'm always interested. Even if I have way too many projects already, and each individual texture package takes about 20-30 minutes to make. Because I am terrible at drawing textures myself.)
(And yes, I may eventually be posting all that, if someone's interested and I ever get around to actually check properly that no policies are broken.)

Sooo... yeah. I have no idea when I might finish Round 11 (I'm about halfway through right now), and even less about when I might start Round 12, but I do know for sure that I will have plenty of new content by then!

And here are a few recent pics of my game. Mostly showing off my shiny new tattoos, truth to be told.

Edit: ... I think I can join the the socially awkward wagon, too. Sorry for the rambling. I tend to either not talk at all (most of the time) or way too much, and not necessarily about things that might interest others. This post is probably more detailed on technicalities than anyone actually wants to read...
Screenshots

Test of Time Challenge: Archea.
Mad Poster
#3172 Old 26th Mar 2022 at 11:48 AM
I've got to finish getting my town set up as I already have a patch installed that fixes the lot pre-poulating on loading bug.I'm also adding more VV to match with my syatying time period of the 16th century.
Field Researcher
#3173 Old 27th Mar 2022 at 3:03 PM
Go Team Socially Awkward!

@Eldonyx - As a fellow rambler, I find the stuff you're working on really interesting, and I'm in the middle of overhauling the genetics in my game so I definitely know where you're coming from! Love the overlays you've made, too. I hope you will share them or at least share how you made them. Sounds like we have a lot in common, with wanting markings that don't require a thousand skintones and also with rambling lots then going quiet.

@TadOlson - Thanks for the welcome back! I've seen your posts about your gameplay in various challenge threads and I'm interested to see what you do with it. I can relate to the gender dysphoria too, I always hated my birth name and assigned gender, and I came out as a trans man in October/November last year.

I am planning on starting a new Test of Time once I'm done with the genetics overhaul. My game is set in the high-fantasy world of Juvash which I've been working on for fifteen years, so I won't be following earthly history, just using some of the era rules as guidelines and editing in places. Juvash is a largely matriarchal world, so that's one change I plan to make from the original rules, and I'll be creating its seventeen gods as townies so they can wander around and intervene at times. Been testing that idea out in one of my main hoods, and... what are you meant to do when the god of stars and prophecy reaches through the wall of your outhouse and steals the newspaper you're reading?!

simblr
Home of my Kulo Seeri Test of Time and a lot of worldbuilder rambling. You have been warned.
Mad Poster
#3174 Old 28th Mar 2022 at 10:07 AM
I've been setting my TOT challenge up in Riverblossom Hills terrain in a town to be called Riverdale starting with the first settlers arriving in the spring of 1525 after fleeing from widespread displacement after the Turkish wars ended and those retuning from the fighting needed land and homes.Those heading to start colonizing were the ones displaced from their land and farms.
Lab Assistant
#3175 Old 6th Dec 2022 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by girls
@Chicklet how are you getting on with your rules?

I haven't updated my rules in a long time, but think a lot about how to do various eras. Sometimes I even research a little history to look for interesting things to incorporate - and fictional stuff too.

I haven't bothered to update in part because I don't think anyone else is following the version of the challenge I'm doing, which would motivate me. Or if I was ready to move to Dark Ages. I have some stuff for that era that is partially done and not published.

I once was almost ready to move to Dark Ages, and then restarted. 2 pages back you can see my list of why I've done that.

I did at one point rework the end of the Egypt Era. Made plagues of Egypt the end point. Then the Hebrews will move to Rome and make up part of the population.

I restarted my challenge when I created that change. Currently I'm on the 2nd plague, frogs.

Page 127 of 128