Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 2:28 AM Last edited by SmexySims2 : 2nd May 2013 at 11:04 PM.
Least Favorite Thing about Sims 3?
What's the thing you dislike most about the sims 3?

I don't have one particular thing, but rather a few things I dislike the most.
I hate the rabbit holes. I wish we could actually go into city hall or even just the restaurants. I'm disappointed in EA for being lazy with that part. It sucks having sims eat out and not even getting to control the outcome of their dinner! Or even just grocery shopping/ book shopping. This is part of the reason I prefer Sims2. If the sims2 only had a better CAS mode and open neighborhood, I would be totally content!

I agree about the annoying Teen curfew thing too. I'll have my teens ON THEIR WAY HOME- IN A CAR not to mention, get pulled over and taken home in a police car. I mean, really? Realistically a cop could not tell if the people in the car were teens. Also, they know where the teens are and you can never escape! I had my teens go to a secluded park away from any roads to hang out.

Guess what.

My sims got caught SOONER then when they were caught dancing out in the middle of the street of downtown (don't ask.)! I'm so tired of the stupid curfew thing. That's why I'm glad I could escape it when visiting other countries in WA. That way I only had to worry about the little kids. Having no curfew or school in China really enabled my teens to max out lots of skills!

And another thing is the relationships. I don't like how if one sim likes another sim, the other sim likes them back automatically. I thought it was nice having sims feel differently about each other like in the sims 2 and even sims 1! There are lots of things in the sims 3 that have been completely dropped from its predecessors.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 2:32 AM
The thing I hate most about The Sims 3 is that it is compared to the Sims 2.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 3:05 AM
I'm quite content with Sims 3 except that I seem to spend more time making worlds and houses for my game more than actually playing it. :P

For the rabbit holes, I do know of a few mods that more or less opened them up, so these might be helpful for you if you don't mind mods:

Shop from Inventory by ani_: This mod makes has the OFB style mod for shopping.
Shop for Clothes by ani_: This mod disables having all the clothes in your sim's dresser so you have to go to the store (or mall) and shop and buy the clothes to have them.
Open Cinema by ani_: This mod opens up the movie theater.
Moar Interactions by Buzzler: This give many interactions including for community lots. I believe you can also cook on community lots as well with this mod.

Other mods that could help are:

Workout costs money by ani_: This mod makes it so you have to pay to use the gym.
Buyable moneybag by ani_: This mod makes it so you have individual funds for each sim.

Even though I do love the Sims 3 game, I feel these mods add to the open neighborhood. None of these mods have caused problems for my game personally. Also, all of these are updated up to Generations as well.
Instructor
#4 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 3:06 AM
The one thing I hate about TS3 is that people are so cynical when It comes to TS2 nowadays

And, The patches that give you supreme bollocks when you install and EP.
Site Helper
#5 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 3:16 AM
The thing that I hate the most about TS3 is that I end up spending so much time at MATY trying to get TS3 to work well.

I can't say that I enjoy spending time at MATY.
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 3:42 AM
I dislike when the sims flirt with random old guys and get kicked out of parties because I'm trying to keep other sims from killing themselves/making themselves fat. Autonomous social reactions get on my nerves.
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 5:11 AM
I hate how the game generates the most hideous genes and outfits for Sims not in the active household. I'm constantly editing non-actives when my Sims leave their home. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the Sims 3. I use both Awesomemod and Overwatch, and I haven't had any 'hood destroying problems yet (I probably just jinxed myself).
Instructor
#8 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 6:24 AM Last edited by Celebriton : 17th Jun 2011 at 8:14 AM.
I love rabbit holes for now........because my computer is slow, and it's painful to jump from one lot to another. Btw, it's convenient too. Just clicking the building or the icon to buy something, without need to enter the building, waiting to load, search the registry machine and buy. For a slow PC like mine with tons of cc and mods, jumping from one lot to another occasionally, will result in overloaded RAM, CTD and save fail error no 12.

Actually shopping or window shopping in The Sims world is quite boring. It's not a joyful experience like in the real life, since The Sims lack of the atmosphere or charm. Like the boring consignment store, restaurant-bookstore-general store in WA. So boring, that people almost forget this is the EA's answer for the people who hate rabbit hole. People always waiting when will EA open the rabbit hole buildings, but actually we already get it since WA, years ago.

I hope EA will read my comment and consider it. Making a great venue is not just about the function and clicking with mouse. But the experience.

I guess, we are all waiting for this experience and the joyful. Exploring the bookstore, the smell of books, overwhelmed information and good looking book cover. The therapy aroma of the spa, the comfort, the treatment experience. And many more.......

Well, I don't know what is my least favorite thing in TS3. Never thought about it before, I don't have "the least", but I have some complains, disagreement or unhappy in imperfect parts of the game. Here's the list:

The body shape and size (especially teenager body)
I like EA decision to make more realistic body shape, compare with TS2. But I dislike the "size", like extremely big head size, small female chest, etc. But thanks to the body slider mods, it's already been fixed, manually.
I don't like the teenager body shape too. It's like lack of polygons. The male one is ugly, especially the chest. Somehow, I think the size is inappropriate too, the female adult body slimmer than the teenager one (how it can be?). It's like a child did a metamorphosis to another shape of body first before became an adult, not "normal growing process". The transformation of child body to teen body and adult body seems disconnected in teenager body.
The transformation of face from toddler, children to adult is also quite weird and inappropriate.

Routines and lack of interactions.
I hope Sims Stores and Stuff Packs should offer tons of new intractable objects. Just new intractable objects. Since most of EPs objects related to the main theme of the EP, there's a limitation and holes.

Lack of atmospheric experience or event on group activities.
Yes, it's true. Mostly it's just a chatting bubbles on the head, like those boring hottub. We need more animation and interaction, to show the fun and riches of activities. Imagine if sims are playing in the hottub, splashing water to his friends, tickling, sharing drink/snack etc.....autonomously. When playing video games, autonomously, sims can asking for a competition, disturbing the other, cheating, read the manual/guide, jumping, etc. The same case In the dinning table, sims steal other sims food, toasting, play with feet, share food, asking for tomato sauce bottle, etc.....autonomously. Most of sims activities are when they standing, it's time to bring the fun on the chair.

Best Friends Forever or the Gang or inner circle?
Like Sex in the City, they are Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda. Always stick together, hanging together, share feeling, gossiping, visiting each other together, etc. We have group outing, but we lack of the gang.

Cloth variety for teenager
I thought EA will bring a lot of cloth for teenager in Generations. But I'm wrong. And most of the teen clothes are a clone from the adult one too. I hope for the uniqueness and MOAR clothes for teen.

Pathfinding
Is this because of my slow PC? Or it happen everywhere, especially when a group of 8 sims try to enter a single door rabbit hole building. It's a painful. Several sims are standing in front of the door, doing nothing. There are always a risk where some sims will drop their queue icon. A groups of 8 sims became 7 or 6 sims, and 3 ingame hours already pass just to enter a door.
I like what EA did with LN elevator, when a lot of sims try to enter/exit the elevator, to save time and pathfinding calculation, some of them are teleporting inside/outside the elevator. EA should did it with the rabbit hole buildings, queueing in front of refrigerator/a plate of food, drinks for group in the bar, doors, etc. Seeing how EA works, I don't have any hope for it. Like they never fix for the Attend Movie interaction in the Theater and Stadium, I need to wait for someone to make Moar Interactions for the "Attend Movie With....." interaction. it already passed years (in real human time). With thousands of EA workers, no one can't be assigned to fix the problem. The same case will happen with the pathfinding, may be.

Time
Yes, I hate the time, but thanks to twallan's relativity mod. Some interactions in TS3 aren't time friendly or not built/adjusted to fit the game time. Like some games in the bar. The animation movement is so slow, while the time move extremely fast, when a single round of the game is over, it's already pass several hours. C'mon!

Dining together
Dining together is one of the most importance aspect in the home of a family everywhere around the globe. The Sims 3 don't have it.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 11:00 AM
I am still very bothered by the in game lightning and how everything shines and glares. I always feel like I need polaroid sunglasses.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I am still very bothered by the in game lightning and how everything shines and glares. I always feel like I need polaroid sunglasses.

Very true, specially on community lots. I have a diner where the chairs just hurt the eyes due to shininess, but then I noticed that it was because the light was just above the table/cheers. Moving the light to a difference place, helped the problem.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Very true, specially on community lots. I have a diner where the chairs just hurt the eyes due to shininess, but then I noticed that it was because the light was just above the table/cheers. Moving the light to a difference place, helped the problem.

I like having lights above tables, because that's where things happen and I like good lightning. The problem is that it's not only furnitures that shines, but sims too, and that also happnes in broad daylight, not just under artificial lightning.
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 11:50 AM
This may sound extremly weird, but the thing I hate the most on the sims 3 is the lack of baby things. For example theres no changing table, and the sims no longer have to walk to the refigerator for a bottle.
#13 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 12:10 PM
For me I suppose it's just silly things like certain social interractions sims can't perform; such as telling another sim to take care of he/her child when it's smelly and screaming or telling smelly sims to get a shower.
I also think that if you take a mother you don't know well to hospital to have her child - out of the kindness of your heart - the game should at least name the kid after you! Ok I know you get the positive moodlet but damn ..
Additionally, I think you should be able to choose what dish you want to eat outside at the Bistro.

just lil' things really.
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 1:30 PM
The constant pop ups on the side, the first few times is ok but then its basically spam from then on.

And after the new patch and expansions, there is a pop up asking me to take pictures and post it if my sim as much as scratches his bum.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 4:28 PM
I just thought of something else! The time it takes to get things done! I had my sims invite one of their friends over for a sleepover and by the time he was greeted and inside the house it was past midnight and he had to go, before I could even ask him to have a sleepover. The sims just stand around forever and take a really long time to get things done! It burns me up, and not to mention the popups! Although, there is something in the options menu that turns off the memory things. I haven't checked yet, but there's also probably something that turns off popups completely!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 4:41 PM
I'd have to the the least most favorite thing to me is the patches. I mean they take FOREVER to download. And that there's no slowdancing in the game and no sicknesses.
Alchemist
#17 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 4:47 PM
I know it's a small thing, but the car animations. Would it have really cost any man hours to program a sim walking outside, opening the car door and getting in?
Theorist
#18 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 4:49 PM
Not being able to sit and have a family meal, not able to swim in the ocean, and one thing that really bugs me is that you build a house with an attached garage, they don't go thru that door from the house to get in the car and back it out of the driveway. That's all for now... I don't have GEN yet so that all for now lol

EDIT: Oh ya... I REALLY miss the Smustle
Scholar
#19 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 4:55 PM
The lack of community lot building options, and the rabbitholes that are supposed to 'make up for them'.

I don't like that EA didn't give us any kind of option. Surely it would be possible to keep the rabbitholes for those who prefer them and let us be able to build our own stores/restaurants if we wanted to.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
Surely it would be possible to keep the rabbitholes for those who prefer them and let us be able to build our own stores/restaurants if we wanted to.

That should be a solution everyone would like! I know I do. ._.
Instructor
#21 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 5:34 PM
I have extreme dislike for the new 'romantic reputation panel.' I just find it annoying and judgemental. I also dislike celebrity gossip, and the way in World Adventures, you must travel from country to country to complete quests in another country. I think all quests should be within the same country.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
The thing that I hate the most about TS3 is that I end up spending so much time at MATY trying to get TS3 to work well.

I can't say that I enjoy spending time at MATY.

Eloquently spoken.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
The thing I hate most about The Sims 3 is that it is compared to the Sims 2.

It's compared to The Sims 2 for obvious reasons. The Sims 3 is the successor of The Sims 2. And as a successor it should be compared to the predecessor of The Sims franchise.

The poor optimization is my negative. I have a computer which far exceeds the requirements yet I cannot achieve a steady 30fps.
Theorist
#24 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 6:55 PM
The thing I hate most about The Sims 3 is how sloppy everything is. Without mods it's an epic failure.
They bang on and on about the most stupid of features, yet ignore the important things like weather and retail.
They even fail at putting plants in the plants category. Sloppy sloppy sloppy.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
I know it's a small thing, but the car animations. Would it have really cost any man hours to program a sim walking outside, opening the car door and getting in?
They did it in the sims 2 so why can't they do it in the sims 3?! They got awfully lazy in the sims 3 u.u
Page 1 of 19