Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#1476 Old 9th Feb 2023 at 11:47 PM
Some of those things look as bad if not worse than 4, but this game is still early in development. And 4 was released as is.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#1477 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 9:25 AM
I think the house looks very good. It has brought out my cheesy side, which the sims 4 doesn't.

Although what really interests me is the gameplay itself, that the Paras feel alive and intelligent.
Mad Poster
#1478 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Some of those things look as bad if not worse than 4, but this game is still early in development. And 4 was released as is.

You kidding?

I'm sure pastel small rodents and candles from low-polygon bathroom kit are way better? Aesthetic/Artstyle taste to each their oen, but lord - you may as well compare paralives looking worse than TS1 objects Sure, those square rose petals, flowers, flora and grass are ugly and hideous, but the rest looks awesome for its warm, cartoojy feel.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#1479 Old 11th Feb 2023 at 11:56 PM Last edited by daisylee : 12th Feb 2023 at 12:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
You kidding?

I'm sure pastel small rodents and candles from low-polygon bathroom kit are way better? Aesthetic/Artstyle taste to each their oen, but lord - you may as well compare paralives looking worse than TS1 objects Sure, those square rose petals, flowers, flora and grass are ugly and hideous, but the rest looks awesome for its warm, cartoojy feel.

Read what I said! I said SOME things look bad and you state the flowers and so on are "ugly and hideous"! AND I said the game is early in development. You just said the same thing that I did, that some things are horrible. And that is a fact.
Mad Poster
#1480 Old 13th Feb 2023 at 5:26 PM
oh, sorry about that then.

Mad Poster
#1481 Old 13th Feb 2023 at 11:34 PM
oh, sorry about that then.

Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#1482 Old 15th Feb 2023 at 9:31 PM Last edited by Casimir : 15th Feb 2023 at 9:48 PM.
Para kiss animation

I wonder how will more complex animations work with different heights. The animation in the video is very simple and it is not working that well. Everybody can see that in the second frame of the clip in which the Para's arm is clipping through the other Para's body.

I know the game is still early in development, but I really want to see more complex animations between two or more Para. TS2 has such complex and interesting animations: the rock, paper, scissors animation, the sports animations, the romantic animations (classic dance and dancing together in general, but dancing together does not have to be a romantic animation) and so on.

I think Paralives has a very interesting style that kind of reminds me of TS2. It is an original style, but the style is cartoony and realistic at the same time which is just like TS2.

Nevertheless, the animation in the top video is simple, but it is very cute, lifelike and it is not exaggerated. Someone in the comment section has said that it looks kind of mechanical. I agree and disagree at the same time.

Also, I wonder how will the pie menu work with a lot of interactions. They have shown us three interactions in this short clip. I suppose that there will be submenus for each category.
Mad Poster
#1483 Old 15th Feb 2023 at 11:54 PM
I feel like I would get a fond off and gravitate with the single click-dropbox thing over the whole pie menu interaction system. Feels less obscrusive and in one single clean box oppose to being scattered circulary.

Lab Assistant
#1484 Old 23rd Feb 2023 at 6:21 PM
Paralives will apparently have a translation tool built in the game. I suppose now you can have a menu written in valyrian language? If you find a textbook that teaches you valyrian language, that will be possible.

I think that this is a great idea because it is inclusive. The menu can be adjusted to any language basically. I atleast think it works that way. I am not sure if you can create a menu in custom language.
Mad Poster
#1485 Old 23rd Feb 2023 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Casimir
Paralives will apparently have a translation tool built in the game. I suppose now you can have a menu written in valyrian language? If you find a textbook that teaches you valyrian language, that will be possible.

I think that this is a great idea because it is inclusive. The menu can be adjusted to any language basically. I atleast think it works that way. I am not sure if you can create a menu in custom language.

It be kinda dope if its all stored and saved in one uploadable language file or multiple.

Lab Assistant
#1486 Old 23rd Feb 2023 at 11:11 PM
I suppose that it will be downloadable because there is no point in making it not downloadable. But, we will see when the game comes out or earlier if somebody asks the devs. The devs did say though that the game will be heavily moddable which is a good sign.

In my opinion, this is such a cool idea because this is very inclusive. Translating between languages is not always an easy job and especially for a small team like the Paralives' team. I understand where such an inovative idea is coming from.

Making the text sound the same on languages that are spoken on different continents is not easy. Each language has its own rules and structures. The words themselves are not the worst part. Even TS does not have an option for all languages even though EA is worth more than a billion dollars.

The players will have to do the hard work of translating between languages. There might be a few of mods like this, sadly. This is comparable to the UI mods. There is very few of them for TS2 and, as far as I know, none for TS4.
Theorist
#1487 Old 27th Feb 2023 at 7:44 PM
It's been forever but it looks like we'll be hearing about what Rod Humble/Paradox Tectonic is working on March 6th. Can't wait!

Top Secret Researcher
#1488 Old 28th Feb 2023 at 12:00 AM
Yeah, they're announcing new games from Techtonic (interested to see a lot of mention of Humble's life sim background; also listed as "groundbreaking" game) and Colossal Order as well (my guess there: Cities Skylines 2).
Scholar
#1489 Old 28th Feb 2023 at 4:20 PM
Unfortunately, I see Paradox's DLC policy as just as bad as EA's nowadays. They really ramped it up with EUIV and CK3. Higher prices for less content and lower quality. And ofc a subscription straight after that. (Created the incentive with higher DLC prices).
I am still pissed at them for what they did with EUIV in terms of performance and how they simply don't seem to care anymore. And with CK3 it is clearly less bang for the buck. And instead they focussed on superficial stuff that barely add gameplay. When they took over Prison Architect, that game's quality went downhill as well and never really recovered since then.

I'm afraid that a life sim from them would be focussed on monetization instead of quality, just like with EA.
Mad Poster
#1490 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 5:28 PM
New Paravideo dropped:

The Receptacle still lives!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1491 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 6:23 PM
Hehe, I love that Inuksuk!
Lab Assistant
#1492 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 6:38 PM Last edited by Casimir : 2nd Mar 2023 at 7:18 PM.
The object manipulation tools like these will really show the team's talent and passion when it comes to coding routing. I am not saying that we have not seen their talent, but this tools will definitely solidify it.

We can see that that kid is below the couches which makes me think that there will be some kind of animation for crouching below objects.
Mad Poster
#1493 Old 3rd Mar 2023 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Casimir
The object manipulation tools like these will really show the team's talent and passion when it comes to coding routing. I am not saying that we have not seen their talent, but this tools will definitely solidify it.

We can see that that kid is below the couches which makes me think that there will be some kind of animation for crouching below objects.

I think the crouching part is a regular player-only initiated interaction of clicking the ground to lie down/daydream (not necessary to go under something).

Also, I have feeling that paras will still clip through objects to some degree (let's hope it's not in TS4 degree).

Scholar
#1494 Old 3rd Mar 2023 at 5:25 AM
I love that couch fort, but it is not safe! The couch in front above the kid doesn't seem to properly rest on the others

Being able to angle those rocks through the ground is so useful. You only need a few different rock sizes and you can make it look as if there are endless variants almost.
Test Subject
#1495 Old 3rd Mar 2023 at 1:19 PM
I honestly this game will never gonna make it, I might be wrong, but almost 4 years and that's all we've got so far? I know it's an indie game, small team and all that stuff, but I still think everything so suspicious. At this point, given the failure of SimCity, Cities Skylines was already present. And what do we have about Paralives? Absolutely nothing, just a few visual videos, not even a beta or something, nothing.
Lab Assistant
#1496 Old 3rd Mar 2023 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nanaqui444
I honestly this game will never gonna make it, I might be wrong, but almost 4 years and that's all we've got so far? I know it's an indie game, small team and all that stuff, but I still think everything so suspicious. At this point, given the failure of SimCity, Cities Skylines was already present. And what do we have about Paralives? Absolutely nothing, just a few visual videos, not even a beta or something, nothing.

I have my doubts as well, but I am still excited about the game because the features of Paralives are very ambitious. The build mode is fantastic so far and so is the Paramaker, but we still have not seen the gameplay, which is concerning because this is going on for a very long time.

They are indeed a very small team, so everything is slower (the coding, 3d modelling, creation of animations and so on). I am afraid that patreon supporters of Paralives might decide to stop supporting it. Everybody was drawn to the game because of promising features in the first place, but the more time goes by, the harder it is to wait.

I truly want the best for this game because it has potential to be a Sims competitor and because this game has amazing abilities such as split levels, curved walls, an open world, height slider, colour wheel and so on. The team has interesting ideas such as a translation tool built in the game and an action queue alignment. But, there is no gamplay footage that is long enough to draw someone's attention.

My biggest concern are the age groups because I have a feeling like they did not even make 3d models for them, but I might be wrong. We only saw a child character (Sebastian's son).
Mad Poster
#1497 Old 3rd Mar 2023 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nanaqui444

I think this game will release probably, and maybe in my lifetime. BUT as I have said before I think they are missing the forest for the trees and overly micro developing this thing. Get the game done and then as possible add more later.
Mad Poster
#1498 Old 3rd Mar 2023 at 7:23 PM
Yall want this game to be finished in 4 years when it's worked on by (estimate number) of TWELVE DEVELOPERS??? If you want a sooner game, how about you try being apart of that number to see yourself in their shoes. We don't demand/ask standards for movie makers if that was the situation, wouldn't we?

Lab Assistant
#1499 Old 3rd Mar 2023 at 10:30 PM
Yall want this game to be finished in 4 years when it's worked on by (estimate number) of TWELVE DEVELOPERS??? If you want a sooner game, how about you try being apart of that number to see yourself in their shoes. We don't demand/ask standards for movie makers if that was the situation, wouldn't we?

It is not like I want them to rush it, but I know that other people want the game to be out as soon as possible. The problem with Paralives is that it relies on supporters which is not the best idea in my opinion for multiple reasons. People supporting you is very unreliable because there might be something else that people will hold more dear or precious. The other reason is that people do not want to support something that might not be relased. Paralives has 7902 pateron supporters which is a small number of people. Are all of those people going to support the game for more that seven years? That is why I said that Paralives has to have some gameplay footage because that will drawn in more people.

And I know that supporting them does not cost much which is an advantage. But, the problem with Paralives is that it does not have a publisher (as far as I know at least). They are an indie game studio with a small budget which means less advertisment. The most popular video on their youtube page has about a million views and out of those million people they have 7902 supporters. Do you all remember how EA advertised TS3? They threw in the game in TS2, so that everybody could know.

I truly want the game to come out and that is why I am active on this thread all the time. The problems I see sometimes are people saying that this game wants to be like The Sims or people saying that this game might not come out. Both of the arguements are not full truth though. Paralives has its own feeling which is a good thing and it has some interesting, new ideas. I have a feeling like the game will come out because the team has passion and they listen to the community.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#1500 Old 3rd Mar 2023 at 11:26 PM
Yall want this game to be finished in 4 years when it's worked on by (estimate number) of TWELVE DEVELOPERS??

Well, Cities Skylines was done in around two years with between nine and thirteen people. But they probably had a larger budget!
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/12m-s...uilding-success
Page 60 of 73