Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 8:44 PM
Default Custom Traits for sims 3
Hey guys I have no idea how to create mods or anything and for the longest time Ive been bored with sims 3 traits, its my favorite one besides sims 2. I see a LOT of custom traits for sims 4 but I wanted to ask if anyone knows where to get sims 3 traits, or can create some, or help me create some.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Apr 2020 at 9:01 PM
http://modthesims.info/d/593251/tes...ts-manager.html
Awesomemod offers a Stupid trait, the only mod I know of that comes with a new trait.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 12:51 AM
Awesome comes with quite a few custom traits. Whether the player likes them or not may be a different story.

The only two custom traits I know of that do not require a Core Mod loader are one by SimsMX that won't link to here because it is outdated and should not be used on current patch levels and Arsil's Japanese Culture trait . They are extremely complicated to make for TS3.

Focusing on the traits that come with the base game and its Expansion Packs though, do you know (or would you care to guess) how many possible combinations there are for just the regular unhidden traits when each YA sim or older has 5 of them (or up to 7 if Uni is in play)?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Awesome comes with quite a few custom traits. Whether the player likes them or not may be a different story.

The only two custom traits I know of that do not require a Core Mod loader are one by SimsMX that won't link to here because it is outdated and should not be used on current patch levels and Arsil's Japanese Culture trait . They are extremely complicated to make for TS3.

Focusing on the traits that come with the base game and its Expansion Packs though, do you know (or would you care to guess) how many possible combinations there are for just the regular unhidden traits when each YA sim or older has 5 of them (or up to 7 if Uni is in play)?

what is the awesome mod? Ive read a bit and it almost seems like nraas
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by accories
what is the awesome mod? Ive read a bit and it almost seems like nraas

Well, how insulting! I mean that's like saying you have read about Dunkin Donuts and it seems like the same as the gourmet neighborhood bakery down the street. Hmm, maybe that's not the best analogy or I'm too hungry and tired of preparing all my own food at the moment to be responding but at least I didn't resort to Burger King vs. McDonalds.

AwesomeMod is a large single Core Mod that changes gameplay considerably. It does have some user-set configuration changes available, but a lot of what it does is not flexible. It is available from a site called MATY (More Awesome Than You), its developer's name is Pescado.

NRaas is a collection of 39 mods that each do different things. Almost all of them are Script Mods (ErrorTrap is an exception), they can be used in any combination imaginable, and are almost infinitely customizable. Its original developer's name was Twallan (now retired) but we continue to support and, when we can, update the mods at NRaas. Neither Twallan nor our current lead developer ever provided any custom traits as without the Core Mod loader like the one Awesome has built in, it's again very complicated.

There is some feature duplication between Awesome and NRaas, but it is possible to use both mods (sets of mods) together without conflict if one pays attention to what one is doing.
https://www.nraas.net/community/awesome
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 5:10 AM
I tried downloading it but honestly, im so used to adding mods and such through dropping them into the package folder, it was too complicated for me, I couldnt even find the game bins for the expansions. I gave up :/ thanks though!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 5:37 AM
Oh good grief, is Pescado still on that tired old tune that his mod needs to be installed within the Program Files? Don't do that, you can only have one valid Framework at a time and his way will stand to break your other mods. Awesome and its optional configuration file once generated (so that's one or at most two files) are .package files and can/should be installed for those interested in trying it by placing the one or two files within Mods\Packages and clearing (deleting) the scriptCache file like any other TS3 mod. The world changed when Patch 1.12 was released alongside of Ambitions and most of us have managed to move on with our lives since then.