Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 11:07 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Am I imagining it, or did children use to actually fight and shove each other?
I found out that 2 kids shoved each other and then fought but there's no action for this in the pie menu. There's hidden unused bad relationship animations exclusively for children vs children and teens, they practically could shove and attack teens or children. I remember the Goths kid would attack out of nowhere in vanilla based game with no expansions. Is there a mod to enable this? This was not consistent, and never happened again.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 1:37 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 11th Oct 2020 at 1:51 PM.
I think they still can, but only if they have a very low relationship score with each other, possibly enemy status or getting there. If they're in green they don't do it autonomously.

I'm a bit unsure if it shows in the menu until their score allows for it, but I have seen the options.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 3:04 PM
Yes, they fight if their relationship is low enough. I've had two children fight in my custom hood with all EPs installed. They just need a low relationship.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 9:54 PM
I think i have too many global behaviors that might have replaced the action.
Is there a mod that could possibly enable it, like Squinges mod fight anywhere.
Inventor
#5 Old 11th Oct 2020 at 10:08 PM
More info on that here https://modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?t=639503 . I ended up sticking with the two Squinge fight mods I mentioned, so no idea how to get kids to brawl and still have the outcome be logical for all fights involving all ages.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Oct 2020 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
More info on that here https://modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?t=639503 . I ended up sticking with the two Squinge fight mods I mentioned, so no idea how to get kids to brawl and still have the outcome be logical for all fights involving all ages.

Thanks, from what I've understood, the mods remove the actions rather than preserving the Child VS child fights.
Perhaps there's a way to modify it to bring it back.