Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 1:27 AM
Default Romance sim slapping his wife! How do I stop this?
sorry if my spelling is wrong i’m typing this on my phone.

anyway my two sims got married. the husband is a romance sim and the wife is a pleasure sim. everything was going really well (of course he had a negative memory tied to marriage, but that’s expected). recently the wife gave birth, and immediately after she put the new baby in the crib, my romance sim slaps her! at one point he even shoved her! if anyone could help me stop this that would be great
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 1:55 AM
Is he in low aspiration?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 9:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Plunket*
sorry if my spelling is wrong i’m typing this on my phone.

anyway my two sims got married. the husband is a romance sim and the wife is a pleasure sim. everything was going really well (of course he had a negative memory tied to marriage, but that’s expected). recently the wife gave birth, and immediately after she put the new baby in the crib, my romance sim slaps her! at one point he even shoved her! if anyone could help me stop this that would be great

Check their memories.
What are their relationship sores to each other?

If you feel its a glitch repair the relationship numbers on the simblender.

Then there are a few mods that remove furious states.
https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=140667
One I like is an apology fix ijApologizeForgive
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Relating.htm

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#4 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 11:46 AM
Or if you want the cause to stay but simply don't want the interaction, you could try a mod that Chris Hatch made - CJH_MenDontHitGirls.package. It's likely that someone has it saved somewhere if you're interested in going that route.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Forum Resident
#5 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 3:18 PM
Sounds like that male sim might be corrupt. It happens to me very rarely in the game like once every real life year I get a bad (corrupt) sim. I have to go in and delete said sim and start all over again to make a replacement.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 7:35 PM
Look in their memories. Is there a "caught cheating" event that perhaps happened in the background of a community lot when you were playing someone else? These are by far the most common source of sudden onset sim-on-sim violence in the normal game mechanics, as nothing else gives a relationship such a drastic relationship point reduction. You can head those off at the pass by hacking jealousy, either by installing one of several mods of various complexity (not a quick fix as you'll have to do research into which one does what you want; installing something without understanding how to adjust it to your needs could easily solve this problem but create 20 more), or by downloading an anti-jealousy potion available here at MTS, feeding one to each, and setting the effects to "static" so that they can't decay.

However, that won't fix an existing state of fury and disrupted relationship. You would either have to use an editing tool to reset the relationship levels and clear the fury or play out a reconciliation - carefully monitoring their behavior and canceling violent actions, multiple apologies, time-consuming interactions that forestall violence such as hang outs and chess (I swear by chess for fixing relationships), perhaps obtaining mouthwatering strawberries and having them drink the juice to clear the fury, and all that jazz. Since they have newborns in the house you may not have time for that for awhile, but you may be able to keep them from interacting by taking care of the baby, long enough for fury to subside, and then arrange for positive interactions when they have more time and energy.

Do not hurry to assume that there's corruption and delete the sim as per pianogrinder! Deleting sims without elaborate preparation corrupts the neighborhood and can have unpredictable effects down the line. Most people will tell you never to do it at al. Remaking a sim and rebuilding it to take an old one's place would be a lot of work, and would not prevent the phenomenon from recurring because you don't know what happened.

It's always worthwhile to do some research and data-gathering to track down the source of strange behavior before taking action, and whatever you try - especially if it involves applying new hacks or using cheats you haven't used before - it would be wise to back up the neighborhood first, so you can start over if you make a mistake or get unanticipated results that make the cure worse than the disease.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 11th Jul 2022 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
Sounds like that male sim might be corrupt. It happens to me very rarely in the game like once every real life year I get a bad (corrupt) sim. I have to go in and delete said sim and start all over again to make a replacement.

If by delete you mean use that bin in game -don't! The game doesn't fully delete, it shreds and leaves bits behind that corrupt the hood.

If you mean did all the deleting steps with the batbox and simPE, well I would suggest before doing all of that trying to fix the sim first. Hood checker and simPE. I fixed 2 sims by deleting all the inventory lines in SimPE

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#8 Old 12th Jul 2022 at 12:33 AM
Oh I never delete sims in game knowing how much damage that can cause. If the sim is beyond repair, yes. I delete with the batbox and SimPE just to be sure. I have the clean UI and there is no way you can delete in game sims even if I wanted to because the family bin delete was made non functional.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 12th Jul 2022 at 11:19 PM
Another possibility besides cheating is that the romance sim has high neat points. If the pleasure sim made any kind of puddle (breaking the shower, wetting herself, throwing a prank balloon, etc.), and the husband mopped it up for her, then that might cause him to become furious with her. Does he have high neat points, like 9 or 10? Maybe 8, I forget the exact cutoff for puddle rage.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 12th Jul 2022 at 11:52 PM
good point ^

If the OP uses Chris Hatch pregnancy controller the sim giving birth starts off by their water breaking on the floor.
Lol would be kind of hilarious if its from that.

~Call me Jo~