Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2022 at 9:32 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Getting More Visitors to Community Lot
I am having some trouble with community lot visitors. I recently noticed that the visitors to my community lots, not counting NPCs and my sim, have not risen above 2. It has made having cooking contests rather difficult since there aren't enough participants to hold the contest. I never remember having this problem before.

I have had a hard time finding information, but the general consensus seems to be that perhaps my computer can't handle having more visitors than that. Does that sound like the problem? Or could something else be going on? I have seen people talking about using cheats to increase the max number of visitors or mods that allow more visitors, but would those even work if the computer running the game can't handle more than 2?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Jul 2022 at 9:56 AM
On what PC are running the Game? Do you have any mods in your game that might cause that?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Jul 2022 at 11:13 AM
Do you have a cheat file? You need this cheat added to it: intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims (add a number here without the brackets)
Mine is intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 20

What are your computer specs?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Jul 2022 at 9:22 PM
That low number of visitors is like in my games and is reality in my BACC though it's because I use Modded objects to hard code low limits like that as most of the town isn't very built up and having too many sims showing up would look very unrealistic.I'd still check in your case that you haven't got a cheat or any Modded objects putting that kind of restriction on your game and there's a fairly new upload from this site intended to stop the pre-populating of community lots onl loading which can help and setting higher limits when the town grows is more realistic so the low visitor counts are fine if this is a brand new town and still has aonly a few couples moved in as the low numbers would be realistic until the population grew bigger.