Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2022 at 12:55 PM
Default Is this going to be problematic?
Hi!
So i recently figured out the neighbourhood that i wanted to play in Sims 2 and everything is fine except for this one problem that is scaring me.
In my Belladonna Cove it is a subhood attached to Pleasantview and this glitch i have encountered seem to be only (for now) happening with the Baldwin family. I have moved them back into their apartment complex that they usually live in but Sofia and Benjamin seem to be getting wants + fears for someone they haven't even met. What doesn't scare me is that they are getting it of someone that isnt a danger to the hood (the evil witch, Frances). Sofia wants to becoming friends with her and Benjamin fears of her death. Now what does scare me is the fact that they don't even know her she's not in any of their relationship panels... Is my game corrupted i hope not. I have done alot of work the past few days getting my neighbourhood to where i want it to and will this just bork it completely?
Thankyou
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 2:51 AM
backup and run Hoodchecker. Report back your findings, please . Are you the same person who got thrown into an entirely different neighborhood after trying to enter a graveyard?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 5:04 AM Last edited by GingerxNinjax : 29th Aug 2022 at 5:57 AM.
Ran hoodchecker and nothing out of the ordinary came up. Tested the family myself with gameplay and it seems that mostly Benjamin is obsessed with Frances o.O i think it's a glitch but it's the weirdest one i have ever encountered ? i really hope this doesnt cause problems or hood corruption and i just needed someone to reassure me about this but yeah. Thanks anyways ?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th May 2023 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GingerxNinjax
Ran hoodchecker and nothing out of the ordinary came up. Tested the family myself with gameplay and it seems that mostly Benjamin is obsessed with Frances o.O i think it's a glitch but it's the weirdest one i have ever encountered ? i really hope this doesnt cause problems or hood corruption and i just needed someone to reassure me about this but yeah. Thanks anyways ?

Getting the same glitch but this time with pets! Same family still (Baldwin) but now the fear is of a small puppy! I ran hoodchecker and nothing came up and I haven't done anything this is just starting a new uberhood and always seems to happen with this family. Weirdest glitch ive ever encountered...
Forum Resident
#5 Old 27th May 2023 at 11:20 AM
Which versions of Pleasantview and Belladonna cove do you use? Maxis, meetme2theriver, something you downloaded here, something you downloaded elsewhere, something you made yourself?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th May 2023 at 12:47 PM Last edited by GingerxNinjax : 27th May 2023 at 1:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
Which versions of Pleasantview and Belladonna cove do you use? Maxis, meetme2theriver, something you downloaded here, something you downloaded elsewhere, something you made yourself?

Meetme2theriver clean templates, some of plumbtales NPC and townie pools + MTS recreated Life Stories hoods as subhoods. I believe it is a really strange glitch but i hope im right?..
Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th May 2023 at 10:02 PM
For the clean templates, NPCs and townie pools, make sure you've installed those correctly according to instructions.

Sims being replaced with other sims or pets can be caused by the character files being swapped out somehow for different character files (if you overwrite files/folders, or delete them and then put in new ones, that could cause such issues). Could be the game reused the sim ID, which it's not supposed to do. Normally if a sim was removed from the game, even if improperly, the game should continue the sim ID from the next ID so they don't overlap.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th May 2023 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
For the clean templates, NPCs and townie pools, make sure you've installed those correctly according to instructions.

Sims being replaced with other sims or pets can be caused by the character files being swapped out somehow for different character files (if you overwrite files/folders, or delete them and then put in new ones, that could cause such issues). Could be the game reused the sim ID, which it's not supposed to do. Normally if a sim was removed from the game, even if improperly, the game should continue the sim ID from the next ID so they don't overlap.

Redid the neighbourhood and removed the NPC and Townie pools and re-moved in the Baldwin family and tada! It didn't happen anymore! Thankgod for ur reply otherwise i would of left it like this and not have known it could of been something incorrect. I had a feeling tho something was off. Im not going to be adding anymore townie/npc pools to my game even if i did it correctly and just let the game spawn the sims like it is meant to. I put the npc/townie pools in correctly but deleted the "subhoods" after adding them to the uberhood and something ID wise must of got jumbled or messed up. I love this game and will literally do anything for it so thankyou for ur time.

If anything, is there anyway to avoid this in future? Backups? Yeah Backups.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th May 2023 at 3:08 AM
For the templates, those usually need to be installed somewhere in the install area, and not in your current game (unless otherwise stated - some you can play directly with by dropping them into the Neighborhoods folder). The install folders hold a copy of the base neighborhoods and subhoods, which are called upon when you create a new neighborhood or subhood, or you remove one of the base hoods. Then the game recreates them from the templates. If you make changes to the templates, like replacing them with clean ones, those changes are the ones that will happen the next time the folders/files are regenerated, instead of the default ones. Your current game is only affected by new changes (if you have a new NPC pool or anything like that).

You should usually not replace anything in the neighborhoods folders in your current saved game (in Documents, the same location as your Downloads), and you shouldn't mess around in the Characters or Lots folders in the individual Neighborhoods/N00X folders in the saved game, especially not delete anything, because it can cause issues.

For the cleaned games, there are some folders you can add if you want to keep the original games but also want the full main hoods with no sims. Those go in the Neighborhoods folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th May 2023 at 3:27 AM Last edited by GingerxNinjax : 29th May 2023 at 4:50 AM.
For the templates, those usually need to be installed somewhere in the install area, and not in your current game (unless otherwise stated - some you can play directly with by dropping them into the Neighborhoods folder). The install folders hold a copy of the base neighborhoods and subhoods, which are called upon when you create a new neighborhood or subhood, or you remove one of the base hoods. Then the game recreates them from the templates. If you make changes to the templates, like replacing them with clean ones, those changes are the ones that will happen the next time the folders/files are regenerated, instead of the default ones. Your current game is only affected by new changes (if you have a new NPC pool or anything like that).

You should usually not replace anything in the neighborhoods folders in your current saved game (in Documents, the same location as your Downloads), and you shouldn't mess around in the Characters or Lots folders in the individual Neighborhoods/N00X folders in the saved game, especially not delete anything, because it can cause issues.

For the cleaned games, there are some folders you can add if you want to keep the original games but also want the full main hoods with no sims. Those go in the Neighborhoods folder.

Yeah ive never messed anything in the Documents/Neighbourhoods folder. The only files i have changed was the one's in the install location but only to remove all of the maxis/EA templates and replace them with empty clean templates by Jawusa or clean templates from meetme2theriver. I believe this happened because even tho the owners of the npc/townie pools say it is safe to delete within the game once added to the neighbourhood something went wrong once deleted in-game. I will not do this again and just let the game spawn the sims instead.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th May 2023 at 4:54 AM Last edited by GingerxNinjax : 29th May 2023 at 5:49 AM.
Yeah ive never messed anything in the Documents/Neighbourhoods folder. The only files i have changed was the one's in the install location but only to remove all of the maxis/EA templates and replace them with empty clean templates by Jawusa or clean templates from meetme2theriver. I believe this happened because even tho the owners of the npc/townie pools say it is safe to delete within the game once added to the neighbourhood something went wrong once deleted in-game. I will not do this again and just let the game spawn the sims instead.

*UPDATE*
It's happening again even without the npc/townie pools. I added the recreated life stories as subhoods and Benjamin and Sophia got a want and fear about Julianne Charlot even tho they don't know her. Im really starting to freak out now. Is this just a glitch or is this corruption? I only started the neighbourhood and moved them back into their apartment and it keeps happening! I checked hoodchecker and nothing comes up i feel absolutely stuck. I haven't done anything haven't edited anything this is just when starting the uberhood. It is like the sim creation index or something got reset and that is why their wants and fears are like this. Everything else plays/works fine like in a normal game. But im terrified. Please someone let me know.
Ive looked in SimPE through some of the sims in the belladonna cove subhood and their wants/fears are strange... They want to have a pet grow up as a teenager (Carlos Contender), Benjamin and Sofia have wants and fears with Julianne Charlot. I believe now that there is something messing with the Belladonna Cove subhood as it only seems to be this subhood that it has messed anything up.

I am taking matters into my own hands and whilst checking sim wants and fears in SimPE always ALWAYS be sure to make a backup of ur game! I believe i have stumbled upon something here that is a coding corruption which maxis/EA didn't realise can happen. There is a coding glitch where if Sims have the wrong code and it's blank in SimPE (like growing up to a teenager like Carlos Contender) when that game is loaded next it gets assigned to a random sim/pet no matter what it is. Thankgod in my game the be friends and death fears came up in mine and i was able to recognise that this wasnt right as none of the Baldwin family even KNEW Julianne Charlot. Becareful when playing always check for the signs! Maybe there is nothing wrong with the template itself but the game coding is messing something up which is not meant to do. I will be downloading my npc/townie pools back as this was not the problem. I will be checking everything now in future and when it comes to Belladonna Cove if the main hood has the same issue im going to just get an empty clean version of Belladonna Cove so hopefully these wants/fears don't come up again! I believe also too that this is the reason why sims get flirt with dog wants because this code is not meant to be in the sims wants/fears because it randomly assigns it to a sim or pet!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 29th May 2023 at 3:30 PM
Which SimPE version do you have, and are you sure you've linked it up properly to your game, both the Documents and install locations? Could be it's having troubles reading some of the files.

Again, make sure you've installed the templates properly, because issues with memories and such should be sorted out in those.

If you're using a WIndows 10 or 11 computer, have you deactivated or removed the pre-installed OneDrive, and have you made absolutely sure it hadn't already made a shadow copy of your Documents folder? If it is, this can cause files to not save properly, especially if the allotted space for OneDrive is filling up. Auto backuping while the game is running can cause a lot of troubles with TS2.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th May 2023 at 11:07 PM Last edited by GingerxNinjax : 30th May 2023 at 12:53 AM.
Which SimPE version do you have, and are you sure you've linked it up properly to your game, both the Documents and install locations? Could be it's having troubles reading some of the files.

Again, make sure you've installed the templates properly, because issues with memories and such should be sorted out in those.

If you're using a WIndows 10 or 11 computer, have you deactivated or removed the pre-installed OneDrive, and have you made absolutely sure it hadn't already made a shadow copy of your Documents folder? If it is, this can cause files to not save properly, especially if the allotted space for OneDrive is filling up. Auto backuping while the game is running can cause a lot of troubles with TS2.

Windows 11 user. Onedrive is on my computer but I don't use it and thus it has no account attached to it. (Checked onedrive and nothing was in it) I use this version of simPE: https://modthesims.info/d/30839/sim...sion-0-75f.html

Yeah there is no way that im stuffing up the install location as i even re-downloaded the files, deleted the old one's and put the new one's in and it was still happening. I have started a new uberhood now with Pleasantview as the mainhood, Belladonna Cove subhood (empty), Bluewater Village, Life Stories hoods as subhoods recreated, plumbtales NPC and townie pools and empty versions of the family bin sims by Jawusa. Everything seems to be working ok for now, I'll play a week in a household (done, everything was fine) to see if any wants/fears get overwritten with this glitch. I also checked the hoods in SimPE to see if this glitch was happening in the other templates and it seems not so far. There was definitely something wrong with the Belladonna Cove subhood as even before playing it i checked it with SimPE and it had those slots which would be assigned to a sim or pet when the next time it was loaded up. It had similar slots with the other hoods but not like the Belladonna Cove one and the slots that appeared were normal (meet new sim, any sim) which is what the game is meant to do. I will always check now if this glitch happens in any of the wants and fears.

Also with the Belladonna Cove one, it seemed like it was the only one "updating" or randomising the sim/pet because i tried the Belladonna Cove subhood with just the maxis/EA clean templates (meetme2theriver) only and it wasn't happening so something when i added the other templates from other sources like plumbtales and mts (life stories recreated hoods) and ik it isnt those templates because they are cleaned up so belladonna cove was overwriting something in the wants and fears.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 30th May 2023 at 2:58 AM
I'm not familiar with the other templates, but meetme2theriver's templates should work fine (they've been playtested by quite a lot of people by now).

I think the recreated life stories hoods aren't meant to be templates but regular custom hoods - if so, make sure you place those in the right folder (custom hoods go in the Documents location, not in the Install location)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th May 2023 at 6:26 AM Last edited by GingerxNinjax : 30th May 2023 at 6:46 AM.
I'm not familiar with the other templates, but meetme2theriver's templates should work fine (they've been playtested by quite a lot of people by now).

I think the recreated life stories hoods aren't meant to be templates but regular custom hoods - if so, make sure you place those in the right folder (custom hoods go in the Documents location, not in the Install location)

Tested just Belladonna Cove, Pleasantview as a subhood, plumbtales NPC and townie pools and when i checked SimPE wants and fears this still happened! Wth am i doing wrong?! I don't believe anything! Ive started over and over and over and over and it's still freaking happening! Now Daniel Pleasant wants to meet someone he never met or is in his relationship panel? And before when i tested and checked it with SimPE Veronaville subhood Titania Summerdream wanted things that had the NPCs from Pleasantview in them! I just want to play The Sims 2 like everyvody else, is that so much to ask?!
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th May 2023 at 10:16 AM Last edited by GingerxNinjax : 30th May 2023 at 1:13 PM.
Tested just Belladonna Cove, Pleasantview as a subhood, plumbtales NPC and townie pools and when i checked SimPE wants and fears this still happened! Wth am i doing wrong?! I don't believe anything! Ive started over and over and over and over and it's still freaking happening! Now Daniel Pleasant wants to meet someone he never met or is in his relationship panel? And before when i tested and checked it with SimPE Veronaville subhood Titania Summerdream wanted things that had the NPCs from Pleasantview in them! I just want to play The Sims 2 like everyvody else, is that so much to ask?!

Changed the main hood to Belladonna Cove i still can't explain what the wants and fears mean in SimPE and why it randomly assigns things to other sims/pets even when they have t met or know each other, but hopefully someone can explain it and why this happens? The glitch i had with the wants/fears happening in game i just want to be sure it's not corruption.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 30th May 2023 at 9:55 PM
Solved on Reddit - it's a bug.