Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 11:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Simpe not loading information correctly...?
I've been having this issue with SimPE for a month now, even after uninstalling, reinstalling, and trying a different version with a different install method. Simply put- the program isn't showing things that it should be, and sometimes is loading the wrong info altogether!

In the attached screenshot, you can see that i'm trying to view the list of simDNA entries for a specific hood, except not only is the list showing as empty (but with the entries still technically there as i can click on them), but the plugin view is showing incomplete data when it shows anything at all. Sometimes, when i can get stuff to load in at all, sims will show with incorrect names or ages in SimPE when they are still as they should be in game (i always check after i make even minor changes to be certain i havent messed anything up)

Right now i'm using ChrisHatch's edit of the software- i think version .67 or .68

i can upload my system specs if needed, but they were really long and i don't know how to do spoiler tags in these forums, so i won't be adding them unless asked to
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 12:04 AM
Try resetting simPE's layout. Go to Extra at the top there next to your highlighted Windows. In there you will see preferences, open that. Then SimPE settings. Near the bottom of that window is 'reset layout'

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 12:52 AM
Have you set up SimPE so it reads the game files and your Documents data properly? Could be worth to check (Extra/Preferences).

While you're in Preferences, check which UI layout SimPE is set to. I think one of the UIs has a somewhat broken outlay and can cause issues with the writing, Word 2003 or some such. Try changing it and see if it helps (the one that starts with a q works fine, can't remember the full name but SimPE spends ages starting up).
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Sep 2022 at 3:08 AM
Usually this happens because you haven't waited long enough for SimPE to load the neighborhood. It takes a while, there's a progress bar at the bottom.
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Sep 2022 at 12:14 AM
I was about to post something similar. In my case I have been using version SimPe_0_73_44-QA which seems to work fine. Never had any issues. Then a couple of days ago I came across a link to a newer version (here I think) for SimPe_0_75_69. With version 75-69 it shows all the names wrong of my sims. But it shows the ones that came with the neighborhood properly (the Goth's for example). And I know I am waiting for everything to load properly. Is very strange. If I go back to 73_44, all the names are there as they should be.

Another odd thing, the layout is not displaying correctly. For example the "remove" link on the far right to delete a memory is almost totally obscured by the 'memory type' pull down menu. It is even worse in 75_69 with some elements being even larger such as the pop up dialogue boxes (for sim browser for example) are going off my screen. I have downsized them, but the changes never stick. I tried the "reset layout" in prefs and that made it worse not better. Very strange
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Sep 2022 at 12:58 AM
Have you made sure everything is linked up properly in the settings, both to the games and to the Documents directory?

Depending on game version you're using, it's not certain SimPE does this automatically, especially with the newer SimPE versions and depending on how your game is installed and which version it is (discs/UC/arr, or whether you've used a different install directory than the C drive for the game).
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Sep 2022 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you made sure everything is linked up properly in the settings, both to the games and to the Documents directory?

Depending on game version you're using, it's not certain SimPE does this automatically, especially with the newer SimPE versions and depending on how your game is installed and which version it is (discs/UC/arr, or whether you've used a different install directory than the C drive for the game).

Interestingly 73_44-QA was never fully setup linking to all the expansions (haven't got around to it yet), worked fine for what little I have been doing with it, mostly snooping around. BUT 75_69 did detect and link to all the expansions, and THAT version has problems giving my Sims odd names lol.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th Sep 2022 at 2:32 AM
Chris Hatch's SimPE is set up to use British English by default instead of US English. Sims have different names in different languages, so if your game is set to use US English and SimPE is set to use British English the sims will have different names. You can just change the language in settings and it will be fixed.
Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Sep 2022 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Chris Hatch's SimPE is set up to use British English by default instead of US English. Sims have different names in different languages, so if your game is set to use US English and SimPE is set to use British English the sims will have different names. You can just change the language in settings and it will be fixed.

Yes that did fix it. Thanks! Interesting, I never would have thought the names would be vastly different in British English vs US English. I know the usual differences but I have never seen a radical change like that in names when the language setting was switched. At least with US vs British.

Now if I can just fix the layout where different parts are obscured by others or windows open up too big and I have to resize them every time they open (sim browser window for example).