Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#51 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 5:54 PM
Wow, this expansion looks really amazing, better than Nightlife even! I guess the reason why Pets didn't live up to it's full potential was because Maxis was working like crazy on Seasons.

It looks like winter might be my favorite season mainly because of the ice skating and penguins! Dogs can eat snow? That sounds hilarious! :laugh:
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 7:05 PM
Umm... Sims can drink hot chocolate milk? How cute is that! This is probably going to be the best expansion pack. It has so many amazing features, it's so much more than just weather (what I was expecting, actually).
And is it just me or is this very soon after Pets?
#53 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 8:01 PM
*looks at screenshots*

*boogie boogie boogie*

I'm in love!
#54 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 2:05 AM
I'm sooo excited now! ARGH can I last until February 27th? I don't know... Well I'm getting Pets, so now I feel all Neanderthal :P
#55 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 2:57 AM
In the fiorst photo I see VINES going up the black metal door thingy/fence!

http://www.sims2community.com/galle...595/1Spring.jpg
Test Subject
#56 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 6:34 PM
This site has loads of pictures of the new objects and about 1/2 way down there's a video with short footage.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...2CDEA7A24250833

(It also has pics and video of the penguin :lovestruc )
Instructor
#57 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 7:13 PM
*ehem*...

ZOMG!!!111oneone :P

No, on a more serious note, this looks the best EP yet. (I say this every time). But just the little details, like I read somewhere that snow will actually settle and BUILD UP! It can settle on fences and trees, and custom objects too! And there's the sunburn and pool corners. And all the harvestable plants! The only reason I didn't download Echo's harvestable plants was because I knew that maxis would do it! It just looks the most "In depth" Expansion pack yet! Although I'm not sure I like the idea of a new clothes catagory. Outdoor wear. They change automatically to it when they go out in winter, but that can be turned off... and if you forget to change them, they freeze to death... Little over the top there.

Oh and thank the lord! CAREERS!
But I'd much prefer a pets patch first...

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 7:19 PM
I did downloaded Echo's harvestable plants (but they were gone after the installation of OFB and I didn't put them back) and it was amazingly fun! So now I can't wait for Maxis' version. The snow also falls on cars and the school bus, that's pretty cute too. And I like the new jobs a lot too. Oh, I can't wait!
#59 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 7:19 PM
I'm also happy that their will be a new maxis hood and many people say blah maxis stuff but I actually like playing in Pleasntview and Strangetown. I just hope it has a good plot otherwise it will end up like Veroniville, Deleted.
Instructor
#60 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 10:11 PM
*gasps* YOU DELETED VERONAVILLE!!!! Oh, well. It was unimportant anyway. There were harvistable plants in the unleashed ep for the sims 1, looks like they are continueing it. Who can't wait for this ep?! Raise your hands! *counts hands*

Ciao,
~M~
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 1:09 AM
Lol I deleted all the maxis made neighbourhood without even playing. :smash:

I wasn't looking forward to this ep but since seeing its much more than the weather (and brings gardening and the water silde back ) I'm quite excited about it :lovestruc ... sad thing is I doubt I can get it as my laptop makes some rather odd noises when running the sims 2 already with all the expansions up to and including pets
Stupid people are stupid
#62 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 1:39 PM
For the dutch speaking fans: http://www.gamer.nl/doc/36299

There are pics for the non-dutch speaking fans!!
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 3:04 PM
Electronic Arts has announced the newest extension for the Sims 2, in which the four seasons do their entrance in the world of the Sims. Thus you can swim deliciously in the summer in the swimming pool, while it is possible to build a snowmen in the winter. New is the possibility of maintaining your own vegetables and use the plants experience love potion for example. Those work the best in spring, by the way. For each new season, appropriate outfits and accessories have been developed, from an overcoat to earwarmers. We don't know when The Sims 2: Seasons will be available but we think March 2007.

That's the translation, nothing new though.
Instructor
#64 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 3:46 PM
Is it jsut me, or did that pool water look lovely? Maybe it's Maxis' ten tonne graphics cards, or maybe pool graphics get a makeover? I hope so!

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Test Subject
#65 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 3:49 PM
At first I had zero interest in this EP, but now that I've seen this I GOTTA HAVE IT! Darn it, I really thought I was gonna actually save money this time. :p
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 10th Dec 2006 at 11:40 PM
I'm totally psyched about this ep. It really does look like they've thought of everything this time. A lot of the things they're including are things i've wanted right from the start... little details (like planning hairstyles for different clothing categories, and having an option for outerwear that changes automatically) that would make the game even more enjoyable for me.

All i can say (besides "i want it i want it i want it!!! gimme!") is "I really hope this ep lives up to our hopes and expectations....."

Eagles may soar, but bunnies don't get sucked into jet engines
Test Subject
#67 Old 11th Dec 2006 at 12:27 AM
Ahhhh! It's raining fire like that one Shakespeare play! Uh...Caesar!

So, the penguin is a pet-like NPC? Glorious, I've found the "Chandi distraction object" of this EP. First it was the cowplant, then the Vampire bats, then the sentry bots, then Bandi Cat, now the penguin? Just glorious. :smash:
Instructor
#68 Old 11th Dec 2006 at 12:37 AM
Sentry bots?!? Oh, OFB. Never seen them before. But this sounds sooo cool! Round pools! Maybe they'll have a kidney shaped one. But ya know, after this ep there's going to be a "dry period" between ep's. Do you think that there will be more stuff packs to fill the void? There's also going to be tiki themed outdoor furniture. I just downloaded recolors for a outdoor set from SimCredible Designs!!! I'll have to clean out my dl folder to make room for the new ep's memory and hard disk usage, because you know that this ep will come with loads of new graphics and sounds, which will thusly translate into ten minutes for the sims to actually go down the stinking stairs!!!! UUUGGGHHHH!!! *calms self down* Anyway, this ep looks really awesome. Can't wait to get it!

Ciao,
~M~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#69 Old 11th Dec 2006 at 9:36 PM
Lol Faith:P

Well I'm back and updating the thread when needed! :D

Every new line that I read about this new EP, it's a good thing hehe
Test Subject
#70 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 7:24 AM
Wow indeed. This EP looks so promising. I really cannot wait to get it ^^
Theorist
#71 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
Yep, I'm gonna get 2 gigs for Christmas (thanks for being born, Jesus), so BRING ON THE SEASONS, BIZNATCHES! WOOO!

Lol Faithlove, the new computer I'll get for Christmas will also have 2 gigs of memory. So yeah, bring on the seasons!

Also, since Seasons looks like such a huge ep it just might be enough to keep us occupied through the "dry period." Man, that wait is going to feel longer than ever! :P

Edit:
I can't believe nobody has posted this yet! There's a new video for Seasons at Edenstyle that shows off the new dresser, ice skating, and fishing. Go here:

http://www.edenstyle.it/espansioni_season_speciale.htm
#73 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 10:10 AM
[COLOR=Red]SEASONS ROCKS![/COLOR]
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 6:23 PM
:Jumping around excited: :yippee: OOooOOhH! I cannot barely wait patiently! I gotta have this pack! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#75 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 7:46 PM
Oh, this thread still exists? I'm going to update it, thanks people!
Page 3 of 3