Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 12:34 PM Last edited by TheTripWasInfragreen : 15th Apr 2021 at 2:31 AM.
Default Clothes! Texture Looks Fine in Blender, Distorted Elsewhere
What I know: this is where I joined the two meshes but it is the only part that I joined with the distortion. While it looks like a mapping issue, it doesn't show up in Blender. This isn't something that went wrong during bone assignment or morphing because the same distortion happens in TSRW if I import it without bones or morphs (so t-posed, fresh from Blender and Milkshape)

Images attached. I'll add more info as needed.

EDIT 1: I'm going to try using the Model Cleaner when I get out of work. If it works then I consider this thread a success anyways.

EDIT 2: yeah use Model Cleaner guys-
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st May 2021 at 12:44 PM
I know you already seem to have solved the issue, but I'll give a little explanation on how to solve this without having to rely on anything but Blender.
Every vertex is allowed to have only one UV coordinate, this is why you have to split edges along the UV islands like the page you linked explains.
All you have to do to fix this in Blender is the following: Open the UV Editor, got to 'UV -> Seams from islands'.
After this you need to go back to the 3D view with edge select mode active, select one or more edges that are marked as a seam(orange), Go to 'Select -> Select Similar -> Seam'
Finally you simply press the V key to rip the vertices apart at the selected edges.