Replies: 29207 (Who?), Viewed: 816296 times.
Page 1169 of 1169
Instructor
#29201 Old Yesterday at 3:08 PM
How can I adjust doors in SimPE such that they will let natural light shine through the walls? I recall Raynuss' paneled doors have this feature.
Lab Assistant
#29202 Old Yesterday at 3:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Usually a sign of mods conflicting, especially the jump bugs, sims resetting, and not doing tasks.

If you don't have the Testingcheats mod enabled, you get jump bugs instead of errors.
Thank you for your reply. I understand common errors as reported by the debug mode and can usually correct them. And I accept that if I change the program flow of an object that a sim is currently running, he will be on the wrong line and get an error.

This reset is different. The affected people will work normally afterwards. If you watch gameplays on the web, their authors might show or remark about sims being reset in households that haven't been opened in a long time. Some changes have occurred in their game in the meantime. Maybe a big patch was installed. In the case of a normal error ("jump bug"), people's motives do not get refilled. But after this "deep" reset, they all become green, except bladder is at halfway.
Field Researcher
#29203 Old Yesterday at 3:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasn
Thank you for your reply. I understand common errors as reported by the debug mode and can usually correct them. And I accept that if I change the program flow of an object that a sim is currently running, he will be on the wrong line and get an error.

This reset is different. The affected people will work normally afterwards. If you watch gameplays on the web, their authors might show or remark about sims being reset in households that haven't been opened in a long time. Some changes have occurred in their game in the meantime. Maybe a big patch was installed. In the case of a normal error ("jump bug"), people's motives do not get refilled. But after this "deep" reset, they all become green, except bladder is at halfway.

Have you checked your objects.package for changes? I had to reset it recently with its 2008 version. Another thing that occurs to me, have you checked if the neighborhood has sims without a character file? This is how I corrupted a neighborhood when I recently had pink flashing issues and random crashes when the game closed while saving.
Mad Poster
#29204 Old Yesterday at 4:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasn

A neighborhood reset will result in the members of each household being awake with their motives green except for bladder, as if they had just moved in. This happens when a new XP or major mod is added. Creators should mention that the mod causes a reset in the description, but "Should" is one thing, "does" is another! Mods that do this include things like the Visitor Controller and ACR,

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#29205 Old Yesterday at 6:14 PM
I think I've been corrupting my neighborhood without knowing it. I've been overwriting older versions of the neighborhood with new versions that have been played further. I have NOT been doing this for backups. I ALWAYS delete the folder before restoring a neighborhood from an older state. Have I been screwing over my saves?

All's fair in love, war and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#29206 Old Yesterday at 6:48 PM
If you're overwriting, yes, you have. Always delete or move and then replace.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#29207 Old Yesterday at 6:54 PM Last edited by LyokoGirl5000 : Yesterday at 7:18 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
If you're overwriting, yes, you have. Always delete or move and then replace.

I'll just keep playing until the game gets too corrupted and then start over. It's not the first neighborhood I've lost to corruption.

Edit: After thinking it over, I decided to start fresh since it's something I've been wanting to do anyway. I just needed a push in the right direction.

All's fair in love, war and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Lab Assistant
#29208 Old Yesterday at 8:27 PM
So it's called a "neighborhood reset". Good to know. I was editing the Secret Hobby Lot controller. But there is not a reset after every change, only sometimes. I also entered the preferences to set the anti-aliasing for a nicer picture.

Objects.package seems to be fine. Still dated 2008. I haven't been inviting Crumplebottom. I don't know how to check for sims without a character file. The game has redeposited the standard lots, like Federal Fortress, in the LotCatalog bin at the time of the reset.
Page 1169 of 1169