Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 4:37 AM
Default No crying mod
I just created a new family and put them in a house, and 2 of my sim's start crying for no reason. They haven't interacted with anyone yet. I noticed many of my sim's like to cry randomly like a baby. Very annoying.

I was wondering if there was a mod to fix that.
I searched with the word crying on mts and all get is crying eyes bodyshop, no mod.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 4:43 AM
They probably have low aspiration. Fulfill their wants and they will stop crying.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 5:02 AM
But why cry like a baby? We talking about grown men. I've never seen a grown men cry like that in real life, endless someone died.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 5:54 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 17th Jul 2022 at 12:27 PM.
Sims rarely cry for no reason - usually it's when they're on their way to aspiration failure, or remembering a bad memory.

I don't think I've ever seen that happen in a new family. Aspiration failure shouldn't happen that quickly - not too easy without any interactions, at least not directly from CAS.

If it often happens, it sounds like you might have some mods interfering with regular gameplay and need to get that fixed, and not like you need more mods messing up.

If it only happened in that family, could be it was just a happenstance. Maybe a few of their fears happened - depending on which aspiration they had, some fears are probably more likely to get triggered by what sims do on their own than others.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 6:17 AM
People who are depressed cry. That's what happens. Men cry too, they're humans who have human emotions just like everyone else.

Since aspiration starts at 0 and decays over time, it's very easy for sims to get into negative aspiration soon after being created if you don't satisfy any of their wants. They don't have to be in aspiration failure to cry, and sims in aspiration failure don't cry anyway, they get a visit from the Therapist.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 9:05 PM
Why do the men cry like babies? That's how the game was programmed. It's really very cartoony and exaggerated that way. And sims are egalitarian. The gender differences in this game are purely esthetic--clothes, facial hair, facial features. They aren't programmed to have gendered behaviors. Male sims cry. Female sims get in knock-down fights.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Jul 2022 at 10:04 PM
They don't cry like babies. If they do (on their back, with the baby animations), your sims really are broken, at least temporarily, if whatever caused it is fixable.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Jul 2022 at 10:22 AM
I've never had sims get into really low aspiration just after moving in. I wonder if you're moving them into a fully furnished house and so they don't get the easy fulfilment of 'buy a fridge' etc.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Jul 2022 at 7:03 PM
I think most people do that. Even people who like to build tend to build the whole house before moving any sims in, so they can put it in the bin safely.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 20th Jul 2022 at 9:01 PM
Seriously, though - don't think I've ever had a sim start crying on their first day, even if I just left them to their own devices. Only things I can think of is if the sim is heading toward aspiration failure, one of their fears happen, the sim is being bothered by another sim, or they've recently experienced the loss of another sim or pet, which I think you'd probably notice.

You can check their memories, and if there's anything in red, that probably explains why they're crying. Could be something simple like peeing themselves or some such. If the sim keeps crying that's usually something triggered by a memory. Not everything triggers a memory, though.