Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2022 at 10:24 PM
Default Reading a book while standing: pose/animation
Hello,
Is there a pose/animation/mod I can find to make my sims read a book while standing up?
Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Aug 2022 at 12:02 AM
What immediately comes to mind is when sims have a high enough level in the "Film and literature" hobby enthusiasm, they'll often read a book while walking around.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
What immediately comes to mind is when sims have a high enough level in the "Film and literature" hobby enthusiasm, they'll often read a book while walking around.

Yes! I love that walking/idle animation. I wonder if there is a mod/posebox/action that can allow me to trigger it whenever I want to for story purposes!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 10:43 PM
It's called the book walk. I know that Cyjon has a mod that kills it in his no hobby animations mod.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Aug 2022 at 11:58 PM
Use Boolprop to drag up the enthusiasm score to above 5 (or any other cheaty method), then make the sim walk forth and back a bit. They'll do it often enough.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 5:29 PM
There is a posebox created by Ang with various poses with a book - pose 6 could work for you:

The problem is that I do not know where it can be downloaded. Could anyone help, please?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 6:34 PM
I thought of that one too, but couldn't remember the name or creator. Found it in my old collection of poseboxes, here: https://simfileshare.net/download/3429164/ (by Yagisims/Angs - the book accessories that originally came with the box are also in the zip)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 6:59 PM
Thank you so much Triamond for suggesting this posebox and simmer22 for providing a link to it! I'll try it out and see how it feels