Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 11:46 AM
Default Urinals enabled for residential lots? [UC compatible]
I found a very old mod here, but the object isn't placeable so I assume it isn't compatible with UC.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 12:23 PM
The one I have, urinal.package, takes the form of a collection, so you don't place it in your Downloads folder, you place it in your Collections folder. It's by motermouth and I downloaded here on MTS a few years ago. To place it in a lot, you just open its collection in Buy Mode. One disadvantage is that it gets dirty but there's no action to clean it. If it gets so dirty that neither you nor you Sims can stand it any longer, the only option I know of is to sell it and buy a new one.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 8:50 PM
@andrewgloria you don't have the UC, right? Because I wonder if it only works before UC.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 10:41 PM
No I don't have the UC. I registered for it back in May 2014 when EA were giving it away free, but I never actually downloaded or installed it. I liked my existing game to much, and already had mods making run pretty well just the way I wanted. Besides, until 2020 I was playing in low resolution on a Packard Bell netbook, and I fear the UC would have burnt out its motherboard.

However, I can't see why it wouldn't work in the UC, provided you put urinal.package into the Collections folder and not in the Downloads folder. This is how it looks in my game. (I've circled it in red. The abstract design on the folder icon looks nothing like a urinal!)

Of course it only shows in Buy Mode and Build Mode in residential lots. It probably doesn't show on apartment lots as it considerably pre-dates AL.

On reading through the download comments I see some people with Pets or later as their latest EP, could only access it in Build Mode, not Buy Mode. So try switching to Build Mode, and look for it near the end of the collections.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 11:39 PM
@andrewgloria I just tried selecting the urinal via Build Mode, but it didn't work either. Hence I assume it isn't compatible with UC, thus a new GUID etc has to be made from it like what @Barekstu did with the Maxis kitchen clutter
Instructor
#6 Old 4th Sep 2022 at 11:50 PM
This enables community lot items on residential lots and works post BV. So if you don't mind having all the other community lot items unlocked on residential lots as well, you could try with this one.