Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 12:30 PM
Different DRIVEWAY...
To be honest...I am NOT SURE if what I am looking for EXIST...Is there a DRIVEWAY but with LESS TILES SPACE? Or is there DRIVEWAY on which you can place MORE THAN ONE smaller vehicles (bycucle, bike, scooter,...)?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 5:20 PM
No. You are talking about TS2, right? Because custom bikes and scooters would either not use the driveway at all (in which case you can create your own fake driveway with racks, etc.) or be modeled after a car and take up almost, if not the exact same, space as a car.

TS2 cars are really wide and do need the whole driveway. IIRC, the car itself is 3 tiles wide and the other two tiles are for routing and necessary for the sim(s) to get out of the car. The best you can do, I think, is use an invisible driveway recolor (there's a couple on MTS) and then you can put down whatever floor tiles you wish, and make a visually smaller driveway. So it looks like the driveway is only 3 wide, etc., but in actuality, it is still 5 tiles wide. I've done that before and, as long as you keep space clear for sims to get out of the car, it works.

Other things to try--I know for sure that you can use the extension instead of the driveway--I've done that before, too; it's handy in apartments. So if you need a shorter driveway length, you can try that. The cars will teleport onto the street because you need the driveway for the backing out/driving in animations. And while I know you can place cars off the driveway or extension with Move Objects--and can even sell them that way--I'm not sure if you can drive the car without either an extension or the driveway. You'll have to try that one at your own risk. Maybe have a teleporter handy in case you need to a summon a sim back to the lot.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her