Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom Prop Hack for Movie Makers & Storytellers

by decorgal21572 Posted 6th Jul 2009 at 2:06 AM - Updated 25th Nov 2010 at 9:25 PM by whiterider

329 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 274 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 14
Test Subject
#76 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 5:10 PM
Hi decorgal!

I tried to use the hack prop and even if it was day and the Sim was outside/ outdoor, the accessory was still blue (it didn't show up correctly)

Please tell me what else should I do to correct it?

Thank you!
Test Subject
#77 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 5:38 PM
is this for sims 3 or 2
Top Secret Researcher
#78 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 6:12 PM
This looks really cool, and I'm going to download, but I have several questions:
1. How much light does the flashlight provide? (compared to other lighting objects in the game)
2. Can you actually smoke the cigarette?
3. What's with all these damn purses?!

I don't give a f*ck, God sent me to piss the world off!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#79 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 7:35 PM Last edited by decorgal21572 : 8th Jul 2009 at 6:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by faerhann
I tried to use the hack prop and even if it was day and the Sim was outside/ outdoor, the accessory was still blue (it didn't show up correctly)

READ the instructions. You're missing Adele's versions.

Quote: Originally posted by VladCrau
1. How much light does the flashlight provide? (compared to other lighting objects in the game)
2. Can you actually smoke the cigarette?
3. What's with all these damn purses?!

1. Not much.
2. Of course not.
3. Only a guy would ask that. Heehee. Seriously though, women hold purses. Haven't you noticed that? We can't all have the same one now, can we?

For movies, fashions, recolors and hack, visit http://decorgal.com
Test Subject
#80 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 10:56 PM
Thank you so much!!!
I've been waiting for this ever since I downloaded Adele's Props.

(\__/)
( ^.^)
(")__(")98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your siggy.
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 1:54 AM
THANKS!It is so OMG!But when I use a prop it blinks in b;ue and black.any advice to stop that?
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 2:32 AM
AMAZING!!!! Thanks thanks !!!! :D

*}·SeluXereZ·{*
Test Subject
#83 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 5:35 AM
You added cigarettes!
LOL
Test Subject
#84 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 5:55 AM
*stroke* The flashlight! I saw this used in one of Adele's films, and I've wanted it ever since. So, they don't work properly with child (I'm guessing the height throws it off), but hopefully it's not thrown off too badly. Regardless, I'll have fun playing around with the hack. Thank you both so much for this! You two never cease to amaze. :]

tu fui ego eris
...what i am, you will be...
Test Subject
#85 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 6:59 AM
This is amazing! I'm not very good at making movies, but this will definately make them better. Thanks a lot.

Did you know 'I told you so' had a brother, Jacob? His name is 'Shut the hell up!'
Field Researcher
#86 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 8:25 AM
Great job ! I'm not a story teller or movie maker but I find this now very fun to use in my game. Thanks and long live the Sims 2 !
Top Secret Researcher
#87 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 12:13 PM
You and Adele have done an amazing job on this! Thank you for sharing this with us all.
Test Subject
#88 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 1:05 PM
Thank you sooooo much for this!It will make a great difference!
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 6:46 PM
Oh hell yeah! I've sooo been hoping that we'd someday see another prop hack like Jixs' that DOESN'T require a queued action, and only poses a limb, and which, moreover poses the LEFT arm. Jixs' painting never had any poses for the left.

And yes, as you say, this should mean it's fully compliant with the other custom posers, such as that of your own. This will provide for SOOO many variations of poses, in addition to the ones already out there.

Thanks so much, can't wait to test it.

Just one thought for your consideration....

I myself am no mesh-maker, and I do accept that this is both cheeky, and going beyond my brief, but - as food for thought, and since the following meshes do at least exist already - might you consider, some point in the future...

A cellphone or telephone handset? I've always wished I could pose a sim talking on the phone while sat in a chair or relaxing on the bed.

Just a thought for the future perhaps, but I hope you won't take offence. This looks seriously good as it stands.

Many thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#90 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 8:17 PM
Quote:
A cellphone or telephone handset? I've always wished I could pose a sim talking on the phone while sat in a chair or relaxing on the bed.

I don't take requests but I had to respond to you because I've made something like that a while back for myself for the purposes of my Adventures in Dating series (later episodes) and I have had lots of people ask for it. It was only made for me though and isn't ready for general distribution. I make all these hacks because I have a need for them myself. As I've said on my blog, that is something I may work on and release in the future. I can't give a timeframe though b/c I work on stuff when I feel in the mood. If and when I make such a hack, I may only release it on my site- not sure.

And, to explain Jixs' hack- he uses all in-game existing animations and they are all on the right hand (Sims seem only to be righties). And I'm not sure what you mean about his not requiring a queued action. All of his are overlays which is a revolutionary technique which has allowed me to really create realistic talking scenes in my movies and is the same technique used on this hack.

For movies, fashions, recolors and hack, visit http://decorgal.com
Test Subject
#91 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 11:08 PM
Hey I love it but when I downloaded it and used the stuff they were all blue and flashing why did that happen?
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gylife
These are so good it makes me wish my computer would let me download rar files.
All the good stuff is in rar files.

you need WinRAR its easy to download
Test Subject
#93 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 2:50 AM
owe em geeeee! i needed thus soo muchiz! thanks yew soo much!

George it's raining! oop better pull out the umbrella's from the box.

Chi~
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 10:57 AM
OH OH OH OH.... *drools*

Nintendo Freak
Test Subject
#95 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 12:15 PM
..........speechless............
Test Subject
#96 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 4:20 PM
Thanks so much, both of you, for this! I'm sure it couldn't have been easy, but it sure is incredible! So many things like the umbrella and the bouquet --- oh, I can't say thanks enough ^^ It's a movie maker's dream!!!

ღ He said Couldn't not Wouldn't
Test Subject
#97 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 11:39 PM
It's so AWESOME! I'm speechless, I don't know how I could live without this hack.
Test Subject
#98 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 1:44 AM
This is going to save me SOOOO much time and simoleans re-buying props and attaching them to Sims all the time. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#99 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 11:39 AM
I've downloaded both and It didn't work and it was blue, I'm going 2 try and download it again, I really need that flashlight, I'm so excited to get this working, Tnx
Test Subject
#100 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:26 PM
Great job you two!!! You made the Featured Downloads section!
Page 4 of 14