Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 2:05 PM
Default Is there any sims 2 pack based legacy challenge?
Hello! I was wondering if theres any cool sims 2 pack based legacy challenge, I've been enjoying playing those kind of challenges on the sims 4 since I dont usually play with every pack I have and its really fun! And since I have every pack on the sims 2 and I never got the chance to play with them all when I was younger I wanted to have a cool challenge to guide me through what the packs from sims 2 have to offer!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 10:52 PM
The game does not have packs for individual challenges-it provides the tools to make a challenge and it's up to the player to make it happen. You might want to review the expansions this game does have to know what it offers.
We also have entire sites dedicated to challenges that are used by players to put into their game, and ours is here:
https://modthesims.info/f/560/

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Sep 2022 at 10:59 PM
I am playing a Pleasantview game starting with it's early beginnings as a 17th century early American colony with just one couple starting a homestead and the town is built up from that with new couples arriving each year or every other year.I have the terrain template set up for Pleasantview in the spring of the year 1600 when my first colonist couple arrives.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Suissinho
Hello! I was wondering if theres any cool sims 2 pack based legacy challenge, I've been enjoying playing those kind of challenges on the sims 4 since I dont usually play with every pack I have and its really fun! And since I have every pack on the sims 2 and I never got the chance to play with them all when I was younger I wanted to have a cool challenge to guide me through what the packs from sims 2 have to offer!

Are you referring to the Sim 2 EP (Expansion Pack) as a Sims 2 pack? Sims 4 updates are generally called packs, I believe. In SIms 2, I see them most often referred to as EPs. So is your question whether there are any challenges based strictly for each EP?

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Suissinho

I think you mean EP.

If you are on disks you could install 1 EP at a time and play it or use AGS and make a AGS game on a particular EP. Otherwise all EP's form to be one without a ways to separate them.

You could also play the main things that come in each EP such as play a business for OFB, Go to all the holiday/vacation sport for BV and so on. I'm sure you can find online what features came with which EP.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 2:40 AM
You could do a Differences In The Family Tree type of challenge.
Generation 1 would be focused on base game stuff.
Gen 2 would kind of be about going to University....and so on.

Just look at which order the EPs came out in and plan from there.

That said, itll be a lot harder to do in Sims 2 than it is in 3 and 4 just because the packs are so well integrated with the main game experience.
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Sep 2022 at 12:09 AM
I recently found out about the LEPacy challenge, which from what I can tell started for either 3 or 4 and has been reworked for the Sims 2. This post by Resurrectonomitron has been the most comprehensive I've seen the rules made for Sims 2. There's also this post by Simerella with alternative unlock rules. This might be something you're interested in!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by agaile
I recently found out about the LEPacy challenge, which from what I can tell started for either 3 or 4 and has been reworked for the Sims 2. This post by Resurrectonomitron has been the most comprehensive I've seen the rules made for Sims 2. There's also this post by Simerella with alternative unlock rules. This might be something you're interested in!

thank you so much!! it seems really fun and its what I was looking for!! I'll give it a try
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
Are you referring to the Sim 2 EP (Expansion Pack) as a Sims 2 pack? Sims 4 updates are generally called packs, I believe. In SIms 2, I see them most often referred to as EPs. So is your question whether there are any challenges based strictly for each EP?

yeah i forgot Its called EPs in the sims 2 oops I've been really used to the sims 4 terms and stuff
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Oct 2022 at 9:24 AM
I've written one like this, but I've never uploaded it anywhere. I could type it up for you if you would be interested?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Oct 2022 at 7:35 PM
I would be willing to write a version for UC players and have it based on the BACC style games.