Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 9:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default Rebecah's Turbo Easel edit overrides game behaviour
I have tried Beck's edit of the Turbo easel for the first time and experienced some problems. This easel is supposed to be a standalone object, not a global mod. I used the original by Eddie66 in my base game only setup and you got an extra mesh and could choose which easel to work on - the original seems gone by now and probably wouldn't have worked with all EP:s anyway. Rebecah's easel looks like it should work the same way, in her video she has one sim painting on the maxi's easel and one on her own, but in my game I only get one easel, with no custom star, and Rebecah¨s recolours available. The functions she put in her easel - faster skill building, faster fun gain, paintings completed quicker and higher sales prices - are now always there when my sims paint. Have I misunderstood how Rebecah did this and it's supposed to be a global mod after all? I tested it in both a modded game and a completely unmodded one and got the same results.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 9:32 PM
First: Link?
Second: Have you asked Beck? Could be a bug she's not aware of, and as far as I know she's still active, at least on her own site (Affinitysims).
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 9:59 PM
I have tried contacting Rebecah at Affinitysims, but I can't post there because of how my email client works (I need to confirm email and such emails from certain types of sites are automatically zapped by the email client, with no way for me to change it).

Link here, though: Turbo easel
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Sep 2022 at 10:17 PM
Not an expert with mods, but this one doesn't look like it's a standalone modded object, and seems more like a mod to me. Doesn't have an OBJD (would need one for a new GUID) or anything else that suggests it's standalone, just some tuning and a GMND that controls whether it's recolorable.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Sep 2022 at 2:19 PM
Thank you, Simmer 22! At least I know there's nothing wrong with it then.