Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

A Collector's Dream

by Lisen801 Posted 29th Jan 2011 at 5:54 PM - Updated 26th May 2012 at 12:10 AM by Lisen801 : uPDATING

191 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 138 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 8
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#101 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 7:08 AM
Now THIS is a fantastic idea! The set is PERFECT for showing off rock and gem collections. Now, we need something to show off our insect and butterfly collections, and maybe some way of showing off our caught fish, other than having them out on a wall plaque. Any ideas? Thanks so much for sharing your work with us. It's much appreciated!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#102 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 10:48 PM
Thank you!! Awesome work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 8th Dec 2011 at 3:05 AM
Thank you for sharing~! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#104 Old 10th Dec 2011 at 7:40 PM
Thanks!!! Keep up the great work!!
B
Test Subject
#105 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 10:56 PM
cannot find the 55 slot Where is it?

[COLOR=DarkRed]"Some people are just so ungrateful to be alive...but not you...not anymore. GAME OVER!" - Jigsaw[/COLOR]
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#106 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 1:05 AM
Thank you so much for this set of shelves. They are both absolutely perfect for showing off anything wee you might have. They also both look very nice, and can be used in any setting, any room.

Nicely done.

centime
Test Subject
#107 Old 13th Jan 2012 at 3:03 PM
Love them!

Put the files into my Mods folder, but they're not appearing in game, are they Pets 1.26 compatible? Thanks

The bird of Hermes is my name
eating my wings to make me tame
Test Subject
#108 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 6:04 PM
i don't think they are compatible with pets, same thing happens to me. i wish this were updated already, it is the best shelving unit out there.
Test Subject
#109 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 9:52 PM
Test Subject
#110 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 4:45 PM
If its not compatible with pets does it show a blank piece of paper with no compatible program ? its bugging me because a lot of my downloads do this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 8:04 PM
That's what i searched all over the game. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#112 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 1:32 AM
I like this. Thanx a lot. I've not been leting most of my sims collect stuff because of how much furnature and space you need to display it. Now I can have them do that.
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 3:34 AM
Can you please update them? I really want these amazing shelves :lovestruc
Test Subject
#114 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Allywallywakers
If its not compatible with pets does it show a blank piece of paper with no compatible program ? its bugging me because a lot of my downloads do this

- It does the same thing to me no matter how many different programs I use to try and extract it. It looks amazing wish I could get it to work.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 7:07 PM
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this require World Adventures to use? It says in the information that it's found in with the wine racks. I only have the base game, so I don't have a section for wine racks. So shouldn't this be listed as requiring World Adventures? (IE When you click on Download it shows you only need the base game to use this item.)

I was really looking forward to using these, but sounds like they're no longer working anyways? I hope these can be fixed/updated!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#116 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 9:25 AM
Is there a bug in it? it's nog working like it should work, i cant put stonens above or next to eachother
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 11:32 AM
For those asking about it working with pets I have been using these shelves since they came out and I have all the Eps up to pets and it works just fine for me. I probably did run it through the program that was made here on MTS for updating things though. Just thought I would put that out there.

Loeneke if you go back and read the summary for the item it does say that gems cant be placed next to each other due to their foot print.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#118 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 5:17 PM
Thank you! I can tidy up my stones precious now ^^ (sorry, I'm french)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#119 Old 2nd May 2012 at 7:34 PM
You ROCK! *pun intended*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#120 Old 11th May 2012 at 7:40 AM
The gemstone footprint is wonky. I've got a save in Bridgeport where the gemstones are fitting side by side (meaning I can get 55 to a rack), and I can do the same in Sunset Valley consistently, but other game worlds are tenuous at best. I've seen it work to hold gemstones side by side in Lunar Lakes & Barnacle Bay (but mostly it's stuck to the 33), and would love to see it consistently work across all worlds.

I've tried searching around, and either my search-fu is weak or most people don't seem to care about this. Honestly this is something I've noticed since Riverview was released (at which point I was using end tables to display a collection of gemstones, and can get 9 to fit in Sunset Valley, but only 5 in Riverview). Sadly I don't know enough at this time to even begin to try and figure this out.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#121 Old 30th May 2012 at 5:37 PM
AWESOME JOB! It works with gems so far that I can see. How much extra work would it be to change this to 14 high (for the 13 different cuts and an uncut one) and 23 across (for the 23 different types of gems)?
Instructor
Original Poster
#122 Old 30th May 2012 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by micaturtle
AWESOME JOB! It works with gems so far that I can see. How much extra work would it be to change this to 14 high (for the 13 different cuts and an uncut one) and 23 across (for the 23 different types of gems)?

Well, you can always put more racks side by side...
Test Subject
#123 Old 31st May 2012 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lisen801

Well, you can always put more racks side by side...

I did that! Yay! (see? http://t.co/61m2zcxS ) However, is there any way you can make 1 column of the slots a LITTLE bigger, so it can hold the uncut stones without having to leave a blank space? (then I could do it with just 2 shelves, and not 3, and there wouldn't be all that extra space)

Again, THANKS SO MUCH for making this. It makes me so happy to have a place to display my gems!

Although, I did have to make a "moat" (with the fountain tool) to keep thieves away, because as soon as I started filling my shelves, I got robbed.... TWICE! grrrrr
Test Subject
#124 Old 31st May 2012 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyGwenna
Now THIS is a fantastic idea! The set is PERFECT for showing off rock and gem collections. Now, we need something to show off our insect and butterfly collections, and maybe some way of showing off our caught fish, other than having them out on a wall plaque. Any ideas? Thanks so much for sharing your work with us. It's much appreciated!

Rock collection? You show that off?? How? mine are too big for this rack... hmmm maybe they work on the shelving unit?

You can show off your insect and butterfly collections by just stacking the aquariums! and to "show off" your fish collection by putting them in a large aquarium (or just mounting them all on the wall)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#125 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 7:23 PM
I loved this a long time ago and was sad when It no longer worked. I am glad it has been fixed!!!!!
Page 5 of 8