Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2021 at 3:13 AM
Default Broken search function
The search function on the site is broken. Nothing comes up when I search for "vampire sunblock", but when I google it I find it.
Screenshots

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 20th May 2021 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
The search function on the site is broken. Nothing comes up when I search for "vampire sunblock", but when I google it I find it.

Hello @Pideli
I tried searching by Creator; and found 1 (Werewolves Walk and Run normal) and when I click on the creator's name for any more of their uploads, I then found their other upload of Vampire Sunblock.

I wonder if it might be to do with not having an image for the download?
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th May 2021 at 2:54 PM
Maybe but it should come up anyway, it's a mod. Don't need an image for that. And if I can find it on Google but not on MTS' search function, there's no point with the search function. I'm just going to use google. But this begs the question, how many other downloads are now hidden on the site? I've also noticed this with a lot of other instances, a lot of the time I find downloads (not just mods) on MTS through google but not if i search here. Here it seems you have to write it exactly right or you won't find it, google is more lenient. Helps a lot with difficult creator names so I always have to resort to google.

Btw, I greatly prefer the previous search function. It looks better and seems to also work better. On mobile this is too wide to fit in portrait mode.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 20th May 2021 at 3:28 PM
The download browser is now able to show downloads that have no images attached, which solves this issue. (That was actually the only change since the previous search)

With regards to mobile friendly, on an iPhone 6 (375x667) both search boxes appear and are not too wide.  So I'm not sure what the issue is here.  If you could provide a screenshot that would be great.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st May 2021 at 7:13 AM
Yep, now it seems to work, thanks!
And it seems to be okay width too, not sure what I meant before, haha. Just takes getting used to it I guess.

Test Subject
#6 Old 27th May 2021 at 9:45 PM
the search function is still broken. plus, when clicking on hashtags (related to things that don't work in the search bar like #no cc), they don't work as well.
Screenshots