Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#1226 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 5:21 AM
you can just post pictures here. (: You will still be able to work with us! (: Im not sure what you mean by your own worked-on neighborhood?

Call me Tyu. (:
Advertisement
Scholar
#1227 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 10:05 PM
Just thought i would give an update:
I have one of the two homes completely done, and the other one has to be furnished,
The park is done.
All of the Mcmansions have exterior lighting.

How is anyone else doing? Updates?

Tyu.

Call me Tyu. (:
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#1228 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 1:41 AM Last edited by porkypine : 16th Nov 2010 at 1:58 AM.
Hi! My game is up and running again! YIPPEE!! I am ready to get to work. lol. What's left? Go look at my MTS profile to see what kinds of things I create. :0)

The High Rollers lots were made mostly by other team members. I made a lot of the meshes for the set's stuff, furniture and clothing, a glass sundae hot tub, etc.

My best TS3 lot was for the Foundations contest. - a place with a garden. :0)

I am working on the Santiago Winery for my TS3 game. It has 4 underground levels and secret rooms - for those special crops ;0) and world treasures.

I am in the middle of reinstalling The Sims 1 and Sims 2. I'll upload some pics when I start TS3 again.

Oh! Oh!... Since porto corado means ruddy port and it's in Portuguese, would the team like some Portuguese floor/wall tiles and Azjuelos and things of that nature? Custom CC for this world? :0) I've uploaded some of my samples that I intend to make into floor and wall tiles.

I am in the process of getting models and will be churning out some things this weekend. :0)
Screenshots
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#1229 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 2:35 AM
Default Santiago Winery
Here is a quick pic of the Santiago Winery. Because the city sprawled over the vineyards the lot size is all house. 20 x 20

I am still working out the floorplan. It has 4 level deep secret cellars, nectary, etc.

I have the huge in-wall fishtank from Late Night cuz it's really, really kewl and really makes a fantabulous entry hall. :0) and store stuff for the 'Pedro' iron work windows, doors and arches.

If you don't want it for this world, that's ok. I'll upload it on my own when it's done. :0) You can link it as a suggestion for people who run Late Night and Ambitions. :0)
Screenshots
Scholar
#1230 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 2:46 AM
Its beautiful! (: Hi, im Tyu, Nice to meet you! (: For some reason, lots of people have stopped working on this project, however...I HAVE NOT! we can work for now! (: Take a look in the General info thread, it has all completed/available/in progress lots, also that map that is in important questions posted by me is what we are going with! (:

So let me know what else you need! (:

Nice to meet you,

Tyu.

Call me Tyu. (:
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#1231 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 12:01 AM
Hi Tyu. Nice to meet you. I've been around MTS for a long time. :0) I actually signed on to this CAW group a long time ago but my game borked when Ambitions came out and CAW broke. I got a new 2 terabyte drive that's just waiting for CC. lol My game is working again so I want to get back into making things. I like to mash meshes and make stuff for TS2. I have to learn how to do it for TS3.

I'm glad you like my lot's beginning design. It will change somewhat as it progresses. :0)

I was wondering how current the teams lot list was. I'm glad you've clarified that it is current. :0) I'm heading out right now but I will be back. You can PM me or write here and I'll catch it next time I log on.

I wanted to get a better idea of the style you guys are creating for this island. To me, (in USA) it seems to be more northern European in building style rather than Mediterrenean.. so I need a better idea of the theme you guys would like. I was interested in taking a shot at redesigning the presidio shell. (military) but I've seen that the team doesn't want CC. so I don't know what I can do here other than make lots with in-game stuff.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#1232 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 3:49 AM Last edited by porkypine : 19th Nov 2010 at 4:17 AM.
Ok Tyu. I've looked over the general info page... I think you only need the nectary, pizzeria, military, old castle and mines... I think I saw somewhere that the nectary was already made.... But if it isn't, we could offer the Santiago Winery as an optional download for the world. It has store stuff (the Pedro arch, door and window) and the tiles I am making for it. and uses stuff from Ambitions and Late Night. So don't pack it with the world, just offer it as a separate download for those who have those eps and store stuff.

I would like to see if it would be possible to make an old style presidio and put that close to the water to fend off invaders to the harbor. I'd need to look at the actual rabbithole to see how to redesign it. :0)

The mines might be fun to build and make traps and secret passages and things. The mines should be out in the boonies somewhere against a mountain, etc., and have a wild, unkept look to the grounds and secret entries and such like and treasures of course. :0)

The castle needs to be up on the mountain overlooking vast distances, not down on the shoreline. I would recommend moving it to a higher point.

Let me know which of these 3 you'd like me to try my hand at and I'll get started. I do need to know where on the world you want them to go.

I've been skimming through the finished lots and they are really nice! :0) It gives me a good idea of the look of the world. There is quite a bit of variety of styles to the houses.
Field Researcher
#1233 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 12:08 PM
hi porkypine
yeah im working my way through the nectary ive made about 500 different ones and none of them i like well enough haha!! im slowly getting there. oh and you may have read that my game crashed so ive got start it again hahaha, if you wanna do then please please take over as i have so much uni work to do i dont think ill ever be able to actually do it :D

I'm the sexy guy with half an orange in my face ;)
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#1234 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 7:04 PM
lol. I remember my college days... all study/work an no life.. lol I work in a University now and don't have to kill myself studying any more. lol Ok. If the team agrees to it, I'll make the nectary, since you've lost the one you were working on. I have all EPs and SPs. My understanding is that the lots still counts as needing the EP even if you don't use those EPs parts on the lot. Is that correct? At least that was true for TS2. I posted a picture of the Santiago Winery on one of these recent threads. See if you like the beginnings of it.

I had some questions before I get started building anything... Since this world is Mediterrenean in style, tiles and fountains and textured wall paints and such are needed.. I was told no CC and then told it's ok if I make it for the theme, so I am confused about that issue. I'd want clarification before I go to all that work for the team. But if the team doesn't like my meshes and such, I'd just upload it on my own anyway. No hard feelings.

I'm making them anyway for my Santiago Winery/nectary... Floor and wall tiles and tiled fountains and such like. With secret chambers underground for pristine nectars and secret garden hothouse for fine grapes... and a grotto for the hot tub. I have lots of fun ideas for that place.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1235 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 10:03 PM
Hey porkypine, so glad to see you there. Your winery looks wonderful! :lovestruc

The rule, as far as I remember since I was out for some time, is no CC but we can make our own CC since it's included in the download if we think it's a must have for our world and EA's meshes are not sufficient as long as it's reasonable of course.

I really like your meshes so I'm all for yes there but maybe try to keep only the most necessary ones? But that's just my opinion

Scholar
#1236 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 1:30 AM
lots of questions, little time, haha.

We are having a file for buildings with more CC, and ambitions etc, however we need one similar to that building with the CC, with no CC to put in the main world?-Does that make sense?

Im not sure what a presido is...haha. Sorry, please explain.

i would probably suggest the pizzeria, because that has a set location, im not sure what we will do about the castle, there are not too many other places to put it, i will upload the world i currently have, HOPEFULLY, so you can download the most recent one, (i've never uploaded a world so i'll try)

i like your meshes too! (: Don't take not wanting them in the world in a bad way!

Glad you like the whats already built!(:

Lets me know if theres anything else, or something i missed!

LANA! HIII! (:

Call me Tyu. (:
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#1237 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 4:01 AM Last edited by porkypine : 20th Nov 2010 at 4:11 AM.
Don't worry. I do not have sad feelings if you don't want something for the world. I do understand what you are trying to do. :0)

I am not sure what game stuff goes with which EP, other than the world adventures stuff. My questions is, since I have all EPs and SPs, even if I remove the Ambitions and Late Night stuff, will it work in base and WA games?

It is no problem for me to design the lot with and without CC. but It won't be as good.

The Presidio is in San Francisco, California. It is the old Spanish and later Mexican and later American fort and army housing. It is in the California Spanish style. Under the Golden gate Bridge is the old Fort Point guarding the Bay Area from incoming ships. I'll find a picture for you and be back with links.
http://www.nps.gov/prsf/index.htm
http://www.nps.gov/prsf/historyculture/index.htm

Picture of Fort Point before the Golden Gate Bridge was built over the top of it. It now sits directly under the GG Bridge.
http://www.nps.gov/prsf/historyculture/fort-point.htm

So the fort guarding the harbor should be sturdy and formidable with lots of cannon on the upper walkaround.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#1238 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 4:26 AM
I can make 2 copies of the nectary. I'll make the first one with the store's Pedro wrought-iron work windows and doors because I've been wanting to make that for a long time. It can be uploaded and linked to the world for those who want it. It will also have custom - made-by-me wall and floor tiles in the Spanish/Portuguese style in the grand entry hall. See some of the sample images I posted. What is nice is custom walls for cooking alcoves. :0) I want to try some nice things there.. So I have a lot of ideas.

I can strip out the cc stuff and put in Maxis stuff for the actual world. All CC will be stuff I make myself for this project. As I've advertised for a long time,. All my stuff is for free sites and may be redistributed and long as you don't charge people. I really don't care. I do this for a hobby and like to share stuff.

I also want to make the MINES! a few trapped miners in some places,. secret chambers and fun stuff like that.

I need the actual world so I can see how to fit these things. also, what sizes are the lots?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1239 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 9:28 PM
Hey Tyu! Can't wait to see the new world, I'm still on the old one and trying to get up to date with everything.

porkypine, as Tyu said just before, we would love to have your meshes for our world, the only thing is that it would be better to have one version with it and one without. And your CC could be included in an optional folder. Could that work for you?

You can find all the relevant info about the lots sizes etc in this thread: http://nene.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=414233

For the mines, I think we still haven't got the lots to build it but Tyu or Kiwi should be able to tell you more than me on this. Can't wait to see what you're going to do for the military lot.

Retired
retired moderator
#1240 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 12:32 AM
I had a look at the map we have, placed some of the lots where they're intended, fixed up some bugs, put down routing paint, and tested a little. Shall I upload a new file? Or is someone else now working on the world?

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Scholar
#1241 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 9:37 PM
^^please do! (: i haver only added the lots in the valley where my newest homes go, i do not know how to use CAW. If you could PM us the link, that would be GREAT!

i was going to upload the current world with no fixes, but all the homes in it, yours is more relevent.

Call me Tyu. (:
Wiki Wizard
#1242 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 12:08 AM
Yes please do Kiwi, that would be so useful!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#1243 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 12:13 AM
Thanks kiwi. I need the world. I don't have it yet.
Scholar
#1244 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 8:12 PM
What is the status of you getting the world?

As well as updating the world?

Tyu.

Call me Tyu. (:
Retired
retired moderator
#1245 Old 11th Dec 2010 at 8:55 PM
The world is updated, I'm just running really low on bandwidth to upload it with due to uploading my other project so often. Sorry, I should have kept people posted.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Scholar
#1246 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 1:55 AM
thats okay, when can we expect it?

Tyu.

Call me Tyu. (:
Lab Assistant
#1247 Old 19th Dec 2010 at 3:13 PM
Okay, did i get a punishement, THE SCHOOL IS MAKING ME CRAZY!!!!

just so you guys know, il be starting again on sims next summer, if not before, so if you didnt, give my project to somebody else.

im sorry, its the school.

Back in the building
Scholar
#1248 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 11:10 PM
okay. sounds good!

Call me Tyu. (:
Scholar
#1249 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 10:05 PM
hello? .

Call me Tyu. (:
Lab Assistant
#1250 Old 2nd Mar 2011 at 10:26 AM