Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Treadle Sewing Machine with Creativity and $$

by cokenasmile Posted 8th Aug 2006 at 6:44 AM - Updated 7th Dec 2008 at 9:11 PM by -Maylin-

113 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 106 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Scholar
#26 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 2:03 PM
Wow! Looks great!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 2:08 PM
Wow they just keep getting better! Can't wait to see what this looks like in the game. Wonder job.

He wasn't always an EVIL monkey.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 2:51 PM
Wow ! that looks exactly like the Singer machine I have from my grand ma, and now I have it in my game too ! thank you so much, it's a wonderfull work !

Visit my site :
http://sites.estvideo.net/bipsouille.sims/
to much request... I can take no more requests Sorry !
Field Researcher
#29 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 4:41 PM
This is SO cool! Between this and harvestable crops, my Sims now have a working farm (which is at least as good as any OFB business, IMO)! Amazing work! Thank you!
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 4:58 PM
Thanks everyone, and I hope you like it in-game.

I have uploaded a "No Frills" version for EP's that doesn't have the payout of $1000 per skill point, just skill points. Maxon requested this so maybe others want it as well. It will not overwrite the other EP version and can be used right along side it if you want, though I can't think of why you would.

Please let me know what you think.

If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.
SO much to do and so many other things to distract me.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 5:23 PM
I'm glad that I may have this admirable oldtimer in the game! Thank you so much for the great work on this object!!!
hexameter
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 6:35 PM
Excellant work and thank for making this
Forum Resident
#33 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 7:09 PM
This is awsome!!! Thanks so much for your hard work on this.

Are you still going to make a spinning wheel? I seem to remember you mentioning something about that. My medieval sims really need a working spinning wheel since women of history spent so much time working on a spinning wheel.

Visit my web site:Fanciful Sims
Royal Kingdom Challenge:
http://tinyurl.com/b4ajz
Live your medieval dream
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 7:21 PM
Thank you so much for this object!! I was missing having a sewing machine... and the most perfect thing is, that I have the same or very similar here at home, it was my grandma's, now is refurbished and mine. Thank you so much for such a beautifully crafted item. :lovestruc
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 7:47 PM
Yes, I am still working on the spinning wheel, thanks to atavera. I wanted to finish this sewing machine first while I was still on the sewing machines (what with making the base game version and the payout versions). And, HystericalParoxysm was interested in the treadle so I made it first. LOL The spinning wheel and accessories are on the way.

Test Subject
#36 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 8:22 PM
Thanks, this reminds me of the real one my mom has at her house. It will go perfectly with some of my old fashioned stuff. The money gain is great too.
Test Subject
#37 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 8:40 PM
Fantastic, I can't wait to try it! Thank you
Mad Poster
#38 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 9:39 PM
It's beautiful!!!! I have a treadle machine from the turn of the century that, up until a few years ago, I was still using. The funny thing is that when I found it at a tag sale, my mom went to took it to Sears and they serviced it and put a new belt on it. You did a fantasic job making it look realistic. Thank you for this and for all the choices for game play - I can see it being used in so many scenarios - I'm downloading both EP versions!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 11:44 PM
Amazing! Really gorgeous work! Thank you so much!

«Kindness - quality, which surplus does not harm».
John Golsuorsi.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
Dorothea Lange
Instructor
#40 Old 8th Aug 2006 at 11:45 PM
This is incredible! I love this idea very much, what a great idea!

It will be fun to see my sims using this. Thankyou!

Check out my sexy male sim creations! http://www.insimenator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=170
Inventor
#41 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 1:01 AM
WOW this is great nice work coke
Test Subject
#42 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 1:36 AM
WOW! Amazing! I really like the detail towards the bottom. Great job!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 3:12 AM
Wow!! This is fantastic! I know a lot of my simmies will be doing a lot of sewing thanks to you. Thanks for all your hard work and for sharing this with us! (Wonder if I can open my own sweatshop? Mwahaha! )
Test Subject
#44 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 3:22 AM Last edited by LadyMorana : 9th Aug 2006 at 3:23 AM. Reason: Don't know what century I'm in anymore lol
Oh wow!! What a fantastic item! Takes me back to when I used to volunteer at the historical park as one of the costumed 1800's town folk. I used to love to sit at the old sewing machine and make little craft items.
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 4:15 AM
OMG This is amazing. I am just setting here with my mouth open at all the detail in this. Thank You so very much for adding a wonderful addition to my game!!!
Test Subject
#46 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 4:45 AM
Default woah
This is the exact same sewing machine that my computer is sitting on as I type this. I mean EXACTLY. Too bad I can't use it as a desk in the sims.
Test Subject
#47 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 5:13 AM
This is just so awesome. Thanks for creating and sharing.
Instructor
#48 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 7:08 AM
Beautiful work! I have one of these as my hall-table: bought it for $8 at a junk shop(many years ago, before they got trendy!) You are amazingly talented - thank you!
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 7:22 AM
Wow! I didn't know so many people were attached to treadle machines the way I am. Sounds like I am in good company.

I'm glad so many people like it. I've had a report of the game clock stopping when the machine was placed, but that was tracked to the wrong file being downloaded. Please do let me know if you find any problems as I would like to know, but also be sure to only use the version that is right for your game, namely the base version for the base game only, or either/both of the EP versions for a base game with EP's. And if you like the way this looks and works in-game, don't forget the thanks button... it's all the "pay" I get, plus your comments, and that is why I keep making things to share.

Field Researcher
#50 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 8:53 AM
I love the detail Thank you so much!
My Grandmother had one so it brings good memories.

UPDATE Nov '11: Beacon Falls & Maple Valley are custom TS2 neighborhoods with storylines, add-on families & lots. The Beacon Falls Blog has separate business & vacation subhoods & Maple Valley's Blog has a separate university subhood. All have been fixed using Mootilda's HoodChecker.
Page 2 of 5