Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Treadle Sewing Machine with Creativity and $$

by cokenasmile Posted 8th Aug 2006 at 6:44 AM - Updated 7th Dec 2008 at 9:11 PM by -Maylin-

113 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 106 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 9:48 AM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 4th Oct 2006 at 10:26 PM
This might be a really dumb question, but does the sewing machine, stop letting your sim earn money after their Creativity is Maxed? And if it does, is there any way to make it so that they can still earn money after their Creativity is maxed!!
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#78 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 3:35 AM
yes, the sewing machine stops giving them money once their creativity skill is maxed. I'm sure there is a way to change that, but I don't plan on making that change any time soon, I'm sorry. I have other projects I am working on first.

If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.
SO much to do and so many other things to distract me.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 4:10 AM
Oh please don't apologize cokenasmile, I was merely curious, I realize that you and many of the other creators around have many things on the go...simply curious was all!!
Instructor
#80 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 5:46 PM
I notice people saying "OMG my sims will be sewing all the time, now!"

Mine already were.

But I'm still nabbing this. My family has one of those... *nostalgia*

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Instructor
#81 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 5:55 PM
Sorry about the double-post, but I believe I have an answer to the last part of this:

Quote: Originally posted by Eliza Blaine
This might be a really dumb question, but does the sewing machine, stop letting your sim earn money after their Creativity is Maxed? And if it does, is there any way to make it so that they can still earn money after their Creativity is maxed!!

There is. And it doesn't even involve hacking/messing with cokenasmile's awesome sewing machine or getting rid of sims' Creativity points!

Make your sims have a baby and raise it to "child". New addition to the family = new sim to sew and get Creativity/$$$ for your family! (especially if, like mine, your kid gets up in the middle of the night to go sew something... GO BACK TO BED YOU STUPID...!!!)

Also, once the Creativity's maxed out, get an easel and have your maxed-out sims start painting-- paintings by high-level sims can be sold for more moolah!

Hope that helps. From one newbie to another!

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Test Subject
#82 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 10:21 AM
it doesn't work in my game
my sims won't move anymore :P
Corrosively Delightful
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 12:21 AM
You need to be certain you have the right version for your game. Please read the post closely as it can tell you which one to use for your EP's.

If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right.
SO much to do and so many other things to distract me.
Test Subject
#84 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 7:43 AM
this is adorable! I'm just finishing a BFA program for fashion design (in real life), so I absolutely must download this. Just... I'm sort of confused as to which I am actually supposed to download? I have all the EPs, University through Pets.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 10:52 PM
Beautiful work! Thanks alot :D

"For Zen students, a weed is a treasure." ~ Shunryu Suzuki
Scholar
#86 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 4:25 PM
The sewing maching looks brilliant - amazing to think that it was once a piano mesh. cokenasmile, you are as creative as my Sims are likely to be once they get their hands on this device!
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 11:40 PM
I have wanted this so much! thanks sooooo much, your brillant!

Where ever you go, there you are!
Test Subject
#88 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 4:52 AM
This is an AMAZING item, thank you so much!! I've always wanted a sewing sim. I also love the pay/nopay options -- so Mommy can make a meager living but little Suzy doesn't. Absolutely brilliant! Wonderful work!
Test Subject
#89 Old 20th May 2007 at 5:17 PM
I put it in a boy's frat and they won't stop--there are competitions in the frat (without my say so) over who gets to use it.

However, the reward one that shells out simuleons... despite having Uni, pets, and Open for business, creates a loud sound (audible only to my sims) that makes them cover their ears and stop everything... the uni one works though... but it has no sound.

I have the Mac version, so I don't know if that matters. It would also be great if it came wit sounds too.. like the sound of the sewing machine treadle moving with the squeak that often happens.

But I love this machine. I intend to put it in my play at Green Gables Avonlea everywhere.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 30th May 2007 at 2:47 AM
This is really cool I used to sow medieval cloths on one of these, IRL though ;P Thanks!

The minds power over itself is great, what you make of things is what they become, change your thought and you change the world as you percieve it...
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 6:33 AM
excellent idea, thanks!

"Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever".
R.I.P Brandon Lee
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 2:31 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 9th Aug 2007 at 4:35 AM.
Really A-mazing! You rock!!!

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law!
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 3:23 PM
looks fun.

Forever young...
Test Subject
#94 Old 12th Jan 2008 at 10:53 AM
A similar (actually adentical) object will come with ep no 7 : FREETIME...
bUt anyway, great job :D!
Test Subject
#95 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 3:55 AM
I may not have tried it yet (I will in a minute, though), but I gotta say, it does look pretty good, and you say those pictures don't show the full detail? Wow! I gotta see it now!
Test Subject
#96 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 5:43 AM
This was so good that maxis "stole" it for free time :p
Test Subject
#97 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by squall117
Wow this looks excellent, great mesh, great texture and great idea, thanks a lot

It comes with Freetime. It was Maxis's idea.

(()) Pass the ribbon. You must've done something to
//\\ deserve it.
Thanks everyone who contributes to this site! It makes my Sims game so much funner!
Test Subject
#98 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 1:34 AM
19ladybug98 - did you actually see when this object was originally created? This is almost 2 years old, it pre-dates Free Time by a long way!

Cokenasmile - What would be awesome, would be if you could use this mesh again, but as a clone of the Free Time object, so we get a fully functional sewing machine that looks as good as this one! It's a much nicer looking mesh than the Maxis one.
Test Subject
#99 Old 14th May 2008 at 10:04 PM
This is awesome looking especially for those obessed with historical themed hoods, it looks pretty accurate to (my mom is a collector of non-working antique sewing machines, not sure why).

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has
//\\survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
#100 Old 31st May 2008 at 6:46 PM
Great! But Now Obsolete!
Page 4 of 5