Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modeling Career

by heaven Posted 18th Feb 2009 at 3:46 PM - Updated 12th Nov 2017 at 2:59 AM by heaven

107 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 78 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
#26 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 8:26 AM
I can't seem to get it to work. I download and put the file in my downloads folder just like all of my other downloads but my career never shows up...any of the custom ones. Is there something else I need to do to get it to work? None of my custom careers will work. I have nightlife and Uni...does that make a difference?? Any help is appreciated!
Test Subject
#27 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 4:12 PM
*squeels* heaven_sent_8_18, this is perfect! I've been looking for a job for me when I grow up in sims 2 (still a toddler, don't have the time to play), and this is just what I've been looking for! Finally I can be more like my real self!

I only wished it was translated into Norwegian, but English is fine. Do you plan on translating it sometime? If so, I'm sure many people would be gled to help.

Life is hard... then you nap
Test Subject
#28 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 2:39 AM
if i work hard to get the Professional Teen Model TWTFS career, what are the hours?

-please feedback thanks! and BTW, wonderful creation and it takes alot of imagination to think of stuff like this! BRILLIANT!
Test Subject
#29 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 9:08 PM Last edited by Chilli_Sauce : 21st Apr 2009 at 9:24 PM.
Hey, been wanting a modelling career for a while now, just wondering if University is needed, or if it is just for the reward/needs majors etc?
Thanks XD
<3

EDIT; nevermind, re-read and saw you said about the reward. Ohwell, sorry. ;3
:]
Test Subject
#30 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 5:30 PM
Oh, really wonderful. ^^ Your modeling career is just what I was looking for! Thank you for this wonderful custom career!
Sorry about troubling you, but I've got a problem with this... Modeling career don't show up in game. I have some custom careers already and everything is ok, just the modeling career isn't showing up. In the menu appears to be two Sports career, maybe modeling career is one of them because a configuration or something like that? Or maybe it's a incompatibly with Apartment Life? Thank you from now. ^^'
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 10:39 PM
Okay, some more answers to some more questions...

First, guitarluvr78, I know that, for some reason, it takes a long time to get a custom career to pop up in the newspaper or computer when you are searching for a job. You might want to try the "BoolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" cheat and then right click on the newspaper. You should have several options available, one being adult jobs. Clicking on that will bring up every career you have available. If that doesn't work it may be possible you did not extract the files properly. I have both University and Nightlife and this career works fine for me.

Second, Rosa93gato, I have never even considered translating my careers and have no idea how to do so. If anyone has that desire, they are more than welcome to translate and upload the translated version, as long as all credit for creation is given to me and a link is provided back to my original. You may feel free to attempt this if you so please.

kaylacheetah, I do not remember the exact hours but I believe that they are similar to the others. It is definitely compatible for a high school student.

Lastly, Hainelol, I have no idea why you are having problems getting the career to show up. I have Apartment Life and had it when I created this career so that should not be a hindrance. I have rechecked my game to make sure it is still working and it is. Maybe you have another custom career that overwrites mine but I am not sure how to root that out or figure out if that is the problem. I wish I could be of more assistance to you.

I hope this helps anyone with questions. I'm glad everyone is enjoying this career so far and, for those of you with problems, I hope that they can be solved so that you may enjoy this career as well.
Test Subject
#32 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 2:57 AM
Thank you for answering my question. I'll test taking off the other custom careers. ^^
Test Subject
#33 Old 7th May 2009 at 11:02 PM
lol you never said if it overwrited careers or not,
Im not gunna download this until I found if it overwrites
any careers.
Test Subject
#34 Old 11th May 2009 at 1:33 AM
I love it. I have been wanting this for quite some time.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 16th May 2009 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ibCONNOR-
lol you never said if it overwrited careers or not,
Im not gunna download this until I found if it overwrites
any careers.

If you had properly read my overview, you would have seen in the first paragraph a sentence exactly like this: "This is a custom career that will not overwrite any pre-existing career."
Test Subject
#36 Old 24th May 2009 at 9:49 PM
TO: Heaven Sent 8 18

Wonderful creation! it really shows how hard you worked for this and i just love the whole thing! I just wanted to know, does my teenage sim girl need to have a certain aspiration or something?
Test Subject
#37 Old 25th May 2009 at 2:11 AM
Can you upload this in .zip format please?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 25th May 2009 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaylacheetah
TO: Heaven Sent 8 18

Wonderful creation! it really shows how hard you worked for this and i just love the whole thing! I just wanted to know, does my teenage sim girl need to have a certain aspiration or something?

Nope. No aspirations are actually linked to this. I find that usually with this career Fortune or Popularity sims do well. Your teenage sim can just be herself without needing to try to achieve anything or reach a certain goal and will still do well in the career.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 25th May 2009 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by disneyworldfan
Can you upload this in .zip format please?

I use WinRAR to package all my content and, honestly, am not sure how to make this into a zip. WinRAR is a great program that I would highly suggest you get when using MTS2 custom content since almost all packages are in .rar format. WinRAR is a free (kind of: it tells you that you get a trial period but you don't have to pay to continue to use it after) and is convenient and easy to use.
Test Subject
#40 Old 26th May 2009 at 9:07 AM
I've been looking for a Modelling career for my sims and was thrilled to find this~
But it seems to overwrite the Athletics career in my Sims 2(I have Uni and Nightlife). When looking for a job, the line "There is an opening in the Modelling career as a Team Mascot." comes out. It has your icons but it's actually the athletics career. Any ideas on what's wrong?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 26th May 2009 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by red_planet31
I've been looking for a Modelling career for my sims and was thrilled to find this~
But it seems to overwrite the Athletics career in my Sims 2(I have Uni and Nightlife). When looking for a job, the line "There is an opening in the Modelling career as a Team Mascot." comes out. It has your icons but it's actually the athletics career. Any ideas on what's wrong?

That is really strange! I rechecked my career and am not having this problem. Everything is working as it should. I've not heard any other problems like this so I am unsure. Maybe try deleting that file, re-downloading, and then searching for the career with the paper using the "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" and seeing if it's working. I wish I could be of better help!
Test Subject
#42 Old 31st May 2009 at 2:59 AM Last edited by red_planet31 : 31st May 2009 at 3:02 AM. Reason: More elaboration
Sorry to bother you again, the problem that I reported before seems to only affect my male sims. The career works fine for the female sims~
Meet Me In My Next Life
#43 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 1:21 AM
I love it!!!! I need this, thank you so much for your time and work.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Test Subject
#44 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven_sent_8_18
That is really strange! I rechecked my career and am not having this problem. Everything is working as it should. I've not heard any other problems like this so I am unsure. Maybe try deleting that file, re-downloading, and then searching for the career with the paper using the "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" and seeing if it's working. I wish I could be of better help!

hi! I'm finnish girl and I have the same problem as red_planet31. (with men and women) I tried to re-download it but It didn't work. I don't have any idea how to fix it and I guess you haven't either.
I have uni,nightlife,pets,seasons, open for business and several stuff packs. Does that even matter?

btw. I have the same problem with your Fashion design and other custom careers
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lja
hi! I'm finnish girl and I have the same problem as red_planet31. (with men and women) I tried to re-download it but It didn't work. I don't have any idea how to fix it and I guess you haven't either.
I have uni,nightlife,pets,seasons, open for business and several stuff packs. Does that even matter?

btw. I have the same problem with your Fashion design and other custom careers

I have all of the expansion packs but no stuff packs. I'm not sure why that would matter. All custom careers (with the exception of one that only works occasionally) work on my computer. Maybe you just are not downloading them properly or you have something that conflicts. I couldn't tell you.
Scholar
#46 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 9:24 PM
Perfect for my female sims Thank you!

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 6:14 PM Last edited by scarlett's boutique : 12th Aug 2009 at 6:16 PM. Reason: pressed thanks b4 i was finished! oops!
yay! i luv it! i have a model family idea in my mind for a while and nvr got round to it now it can be more realistic! amazing! it is realllllyyyyy reaallllyyy good 4 a 1st upload! mine got denied : ( *tear* i luv urs though!

accept no imitations
music is 4 life
did i forget to mention i make no sense to anyone?
xxx
Test Subject
#48 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 1:56 PM
Thanks! I was looking for it!
Test Subject
#49 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 2:32 PM
I only have AL EP. Will it work?
Test Subject
#50 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 2:34 PM
I only have AL EP. Will it work?
Page 2 of 5