Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 Custom Career: Show Business

by Lily__XD Posted 18th Mar 2010 at 2:25 AM - Updated 8th May 2012 at 9:38 PM by Lily__XD

114 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 100 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
#26 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 12:37 AM
Can you make a skater career?
Field Researcher
#27 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 9:58 PM
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
Test Subject
#28 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lily__XD
No there aren't any opportunities or events, sorry i forgot to metion that, I might try putting some in sometime. Any suggestions?

Thanks

for some opportunities i might have an idea... what if you have like a teaser at the local school to promote the show...

Also speaking of promotions maybe you can have it to where you have to go to maybe 5 rabbitholes and drop off some posters to promote the show

Another could be with the music career you can have an autograph session.

i believe this might be an event but what if during the "Extra" (or any other that you see fit) promotion you director can say to you that it is opening night and one of the main characters has became really ill. Can you study the script and stand in for the main main character?...if you accept it you will get a book in your inventory that is maybe about 30 pages and you have to read it by the next night and this will include you having to be at your theatre from 7 to 11 (time can be adjusted)

these are only examples and the only reason I know these are good ones is because i have preformed in 15 school musicals and plays (professionally not recitals) and I have had to hang posters, i did some teasers in front of poeple, and learn a whole new part within one week of production (this was about 30 lines i had to learn and memorize in like two days so the rest of the week was rehearsal)

so what do you think?

Ahh. the Sim World. Where you can create your Enemies, provide them a really good life...top of the job, lots of friends and money then before they get to being too old, Kill them... Ahh I feel so much better.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 4:56 PM
One thing...is there an autograph session option, like the one for the rock stars or sports legends?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by @Stefan
One thing...is there an autograph session option, like the one for the rock stars or sports legends?

No, sorry there isn't. No-one could figure out how to add one to a career. If you look in the Gameplay package for the careers XML theres no indication of autograoph sessions anywhere. Sorry we couldn't figure it out, it would've been something great to put in...

Thanks
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lily__XD
No, sorry there isn't.

Under EA-Core the ability to sign autographs is explicitly locked to the "ElectricRock" and "Symphonic" Music branches.

Not exactly a very flexible system.

Phase Four will have that unlocked, at which point Lily__XD will have the option to rewrite this career to include that ability.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#32 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 2:52 PM
This mod is only in English? and the Russian will be?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikitosss
This mod is only in English? and the Russian will be?

When somebody decides to translate. Sorry but I'm not that bothered about the russian, seeing as I dont speak it. If you would like to translate and attach the strings like BaXiM did I'll gladly put them into the career.

Thanks
Test Subject
#34 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 4:13 PM
Can somebody tell me how to install the Mod for careers plz. I put the package files in the Mods>Package folder just like the rest of my custom content but when I load the game, it crashes.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 11:22 AM
Eeesh that doesn't sound good.... Did you download all of Twallans career mod? You have to install that first, thats really all I can think of, that never happened for me sorry...
Test Subject
#36 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 1:49 PM
well...the Twallan mod makes my game crash...i didn't ask on his site cause im to lazy to register XD
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cathy94
well...the Twallan mod makes my game crash...i didn't ask on his site cause im to lazy to register XD

Pity then. I am unable to aid you, if you choose not to provide any details regarding your issue.

Good Luck.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#38 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 9:46 AM Last edited by Cathy94 : 24th Apr 2010 at 11:10 AM.
I think it might be the patch (I have 1.2) and i don't know where to get the compatible patch with a crack
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cathy94
I think it might be the patch (I have 1.2)

Well, that would definitely be the problem.

You must have at least Patch 1.5 in order to run the Careers Mod.

Cheers.

Lab Assistant
#40 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 1:34 PM
I'd translate your career to portuguese.
Would you upload the language strings?
Hugs
Test Subject
#41 Old 1st May 2010 at 3:32 PM
I've installed the carreer mod, but when I load the game and click on the theater I see "*** Gameplay/careers/GetJobInRabbithole:JoinCareer..." instead of something like "show business". Is it a bug or did I do something wrong?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 1st May 2010 at 3:44 PM
@ Aleria

Yeah that'd be great thanks . Just attach them to a comment and post here like BaXiM did.

@ MARUECCOS
Sounds like a problem with the strings, It should Show up as Show Business you're right, what other career mods do you have installed? I was pretty sure I changed it to stop doing that but hey, I'll do some play testing, install this version back in to my game and see if I get the same. Thanks for giving me the heads up.

EDIT: on second thoughts what language are you trying to use, not sure if I switched the german version...

Thanks
Test Subject
#43 Old 1st May 2010 at 4:36 PM
Thanks for reponding that quickly
I only have the NRaas Career Mod and this one
and I'm trying to use just the English version.

But is there something else I also got to install? Because I only installed the file on the download page.
Test Subject
#44 Old 3rd May 2010 at 4:30 PM
Can translate to Polish if you're interested in it
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 3rd May 2010 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thenewblack
Can translate to Polish if you're interested in it

That'd be great, anymore languages are always welcome.

Thanks

@ MARUECCOS
Okay, all I can really think of doing would be to change the name of the strings again so I'm gonna go try doing that. It'll be uploadeed pretty soon. Deffo new version by about half 9. Let me know if it works out okay?

Thanks
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 6th May 2010 at 8:52 PM
Default Portuguese translation of Show business career
Here is the translation to Portuguese.
I'm eager to see it in game!
Hugs.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Portuguese translation.rar (20.9 KB, 14 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 7th May 2010 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
Under EA-Core the ability to sign autographs is explicitly locked to the "ElectricRock" and "Symphonic" Music branches.

Phase Four will have that unlocked, at which point Lily__XD will have the option to rewrite this career to include that ability.

Cheers.

Lily, do you think you might add autographs now?
That would make everything so much real, with other sims, really recognizing the showbusiness sim as a star.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 7th May 2010 at 5:53 PM
@ Aliera

Right now and for the for-see-able future there won't be any autographs. I'm real sorry but I have alot of stuff going on with school and exams at the minute. When I get a chance I will add the autographs but it could be a couple o' months at most. I've never played a career branch far enough to get to the part where you can give autographs or hold autograph sessions, is it like a career thing that you have to do to increase your job performance or is it something thats just optional? Oooh just thinking aabout it's making me excited but stupid revision comes first : (

Thanks for the strings, adding them soon-ish. (they don't take long and it's the weekend, hey while I'm in there I'll see how tricky those autographs are)

Hugs back atcha
Test Subject
#49 Old 7th May 2010 at 6:39 PM
hey,
i've tested it, but it still doesn't work ,
my actual game is in dutch, could that be the reason?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#50 Old 7th May 2010 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MARUECCOS
hey,
i've tested it, but it still doesn't work ,
my actual game is in dutch, could that be the reason?

Yup thats the reason... So you want the german strings running in a dutch version of the game correctomundo? Assuming thats the case i'll be updating it when I add the portugese strings to see what I can do

Thanks
Page 2 of 5