Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mood Hotfix (with optional harder mood flavor)

by Buzzler Posted 25th Jan 2011 at 10:47 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2015 at 5:58 PM by Buzzler

170 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 82 Feedback Posts, 87 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 11:27 PM
I might love you? I was getting so down not being able to play LN after waiting months to finally get it due to impossibly grumpy sims all around. This is my first mod and I can't WAIT to stay up testing it tonight hehe~
Test Subject
#77 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 12:01 AM
I must download all the files?
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#78 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 5:29 PM
malakes: You only need the main package. The Tuning packages are optional. Please read the upload post to learn about their purpose.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 2:39 AM
Just installed the main package and started up the game again. I cannot thank you enough for this, Buzzler. The one sim I was really having a challenge with was on the last set of skills to complete his lifetime wish of being a Renaissance sim and getting the metal scraps to max out Inventing had become a nightmare (thank you yet AGAIN, EA - sarcasm if you miraculously happen to read this - you might need that clarified for you as you can't even release a patch that doesn't bork the living hell out of my game).

Thanks for being there to share your talents, fixing what should have never been broken had the releasers cared much about the players in the first place. Your time and knowledge are tremendously appreciated! This fix is brilliant and works within seconds of a reloaded game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 5:49 PM
where do i put this download? please, thanks in advance
Original Poster
#81 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zhivan
This fix is brilliant and works within seconds of a reloaded game.
Well, to be perfectly honest, the mood(let) bug needs a while to really kick in. The game recalculates the corred mood after loading a savegame. That's why I always wrote "semi-permanent". The bug stays and gets worse as long as you play the game, but doesn't survive reloading.

Quote: Originally posted by rainywill5
where do i put this download? please, thanks in advance
Please read and follow Sims_3:Installing_Package_Fileswiki.

Test Subject
#82 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 7:16 PM
hmm too confusing don't think i'll be bothering! thanks anyway!
Test Subject
#83 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
Well, to be perfectly honest, the mood(let) bug needs a while to really kick in. The game recalculates the corred mood after loading a savegame. That's why I always wrote "semi-permanent". The bug stays and gets worse as long as you play the game, but doesn't survive reloading.

Very good to know, thank you again. When this nasty little affliction returns, I'll simply reload the game. This mod has allowed my sims to vacation once again - not to mention the previously mentioned sim finally got to max out inventing. :D
Original Poster
#84 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zhivan
When this nasty little affliction returns, I'll simply reload the game.
With this mod, it won't return.

Test Subject
#85 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
With this mod, it won't return.

Oh! Nevermind. Reading comprehension for the win, missed what you were saying entirely. Well, that would explain my back to normal sims for such an extended time now. Thanks again for the mod! Once again, it works beautifully.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 7:10 AM
hi i'm currently using game version 6.1 (although haven't played it since installing LN)and was wondering if the mood bug happens in that? have you got a version of this mod that works with said version?thanks in advance
Original Poster
#87 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by james_10
hi i'm currently using game version 6.1 (although haven't played it since installing LN)and was wondering if the mood bug happens in that?
It does.

Quote:
have you got a version of this mod that works with said version?thanks in advance
Well, the current version *should* be backwards compatible with 6.1.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#88 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 11:01 AM Last edited by G-Flex : 1st Mar 2011 at 11:48 AM.
I installed this (the less-greedy version) along with AwesomeMod, and moods in general seemed very low for some reason; I was getting yellow "Uncomfortable" moods, for instance, even with moodlets totalling around 40 and with decent moods. I uninstalled this, reloaded the game, and moods seem more reasonable; what gives? Is there a bug with this mod, or one of its packages, or what?

Edit: After removing this fix and running the game again, the moods immediately shot back up to normal values. After reinstalling this fix and running the game more... the values didn't go back down. Unless there's an error accumulating over time somewhere, I guess. If it matters, they were sleeping on pretty cheap beds (most of the time) prior to me (temporarily?) fixing it.
Original Poster
#89 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by G-Flex
I installed this (the less-greedy version) along with AwesomeMod, and moods in general seemed very low for some reason
Just to make sure: LessGreedy isn't a "version"; it's an additional tuning package that does nothing without the main package. Also, are you sure you didn't accidently pick the HarderMood tuning?

Quote:
Is there a bug with this mod, or one of its packages, or what?
I've used this mod for quite some time now, and I still use it with enabled debugging notifications. I'm quite certain that this mod works just like it's supposed to.

Quote:
After removing this fix and running the game again, the moods immediately shot back up to normal values.
The mood bug is only noticable after a certain time. Right after the game loaded, all is still well.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 1st Mar 2011 at 9:41 PM
Damn! I'm a moron and thought that the LessGreedyTuning download was just an alternate version of the hotfix. Apologies for my confusion.
Test Subject
#91 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 4:32 PM
it (unfortunately) doesn't work with my 6.2.4 version ( I thought it helped, but it seems that it was just better at the very beginning, just because I've restarted the game
Original Poster
#92 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 6:19 PM
mifa87: Please refer to Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Fileswiki to make certain that your game is properly set up to support script mods. If you use the old way to install packages, with the Mods folder in the installation directory, or used it at some point, please refer to Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Old_Way_to_New_Waywiki.

Test Subject
#93 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 2:17 PM
thank you so much Buzzler ! now it's working, and I can enjoy my game again thanx once more.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 10:52 PM
I haven't gotten the chance to try this out yet but if this works, you are my savior. Truly. I'll let you know if there's any problems, otherwise, awesome. :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#95 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 3:06 AM
TYVM @Buzzler!
Field Researcher
#96 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 2:25 AM
Thanks for this fix. But now i wonder; does your sim still have a bad mood under normal circumstances? i mean when it's stressed, very tired, hungry and so on. Or is it happy at all the time?
Original Poster
#97 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 8:03 AM
@candesco: With this mod, sims will have the correct mood that reflects their buffs/moodlets. If they're stressed and tired and hungry, then they will have a bad mood. They just won't have a bad mood for no reason.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 8:13 PM
My first Buzzler-Mod
Thanks for solving this annoying problem.
Test Subject
#99 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 1:55 PM
This mod was causing a serious error with my game, every other sim-day or so the sound would cut out and the frame rate would slow to a crawl for about 5 REAL minutes.

At first I thought it was the abundance of other mods I had installed (I'm smart about what gets installed, I don't add 20 core mods that interfere with each other) but after systematically eliminating each one and restarting the game each time I still had the error. Eventually I narrowed it down to either this modification or AweseomeMod and after taking A.M. out I'm pretty much 100% certain its the Mood Hotfix screwing things up.

I was using "Buzz_MoodFix.zip" with none of the optional files. I've got all the expansions and stuff packs installed and I'm up-to-date with patches.
Original Poster
#100 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 5:59 PM
@mrnickwright: What you're describing is a reoccurring issue in TS3 that even occurs with no mods installed. Mods may negatively affect this issue as they increase the computing load, but they're not inherently causing it.

The good news is that it's in no way a permanent "screw up". The most common cause is one or more stuck sims somewhere, i.e. the routing code drawing massive computing load trying to get them unstuck. Sims will get stuck more often if there is less computing power available. Simply reset all sims in town by opening the console (Ctrl-Shift-C) and using "ResetSim *" (whithout the quotes) when the time crawls. Also you might give twallan's ErrorTrap and Overwatch mods a try, as their cleanup functionality lessens the computing load. HTH.

Page 4 of 7