Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mood Hotfix (with optional harder mood flavor)

by Buzzler Posted 25th Jan 2011 at 10:47 PM - Updated 11th Jan 2015 at 5:58 PM by Buzzler

170 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 82 Feedback Posts, 87 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 7
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#126 Old 3rd Jul 2011 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smartbbrain
Is there a reason why this mod wouldn't work with the Custom Launcher with Package Management [update 6/13/2011]?
If it shows an error about a version mismatch or something the like, you need to re-download this mod. Apart from that you're probably better off asking granthes.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 5:18 PM
First of all, thank you very much for this fix !

I just wanted to know if there was a place where you kept the out-dated versions of your mods because i forgot to download the 1.22 versions and you've already updated it to 1.24. I don't want to update my game to 1.24 yet (because it's too early and we don't know yet which kind of problems it will cause, plus awesome mod isn't updated yet). If you don't have the 1.22 versions anymore, I'll just have to wait I guess.

Anyway, thank you agan. ^^
Original Poster
#128 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 5:51 PM
@Cocoli: Here you go: http://www.4shared.com/folder/pGYV-...ed_Patch_1.html

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#129 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 7:26 PM
Oh my god, that was quick ! ^^ I can't thank you enough because now I can play a decent game without having to end and restart the game again and again. I think EA should take some advice from you because they suck when it comes to resolving problems they created in the first place and actually listening to players about when they report them.

Again, thank you and sorry if I made mistakes because English isn't my native language.
Test Subject
#130 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 3:40 PM
Hi

First of all, thanks for this.
Second, if I want to use one of the harder tunings, I only have to put that in the game, or the chosen harder tuning AND the normal mood hotfix package too?
Original Poster
#131 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anaria
Second, if I want to use one of the harder tunings, I only have to put that in the game, or the chosen harder tuning AND the normal mood hotfix package too?
Both. The tuning package just contains the switch and values; the actual functionality is in the main package.

Lab Assistant
#132 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 12:07 AM
Is this bug still not fixed in Generations? I haven't noticed much of a problem lately even though I removed this mod after the last patch, so just wondering.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#133 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 5:09 PM
Whhaaat?? I haven't been playing for like 3 months, and the bug persists??? WTF is EA thinking??
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 8:08 AM
I haven't had this bug for my sims yet and i am playing vanilla. While waiting for updates for the mods i use. I may have been lucky though, i don't know. Just thought i would let you know.

Cat@};- *meow* Have a good day everyone!
CatRose: well i am off to bed i am starting to see cats jumping before me
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#135 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 1:19 AM
Thank you for updating this so promptly. I have never had the bad mood glitch but I use this for the opposite problem - the Sims being in permanent sickeningly good moods just because they have a decent bed.

Question, though - Was wondering if there would be a possibility of making a version of the harder mood mod that affects Sims, but not pets or babies. Sims are too easy to keep happy, but Pets don't have as many buffs, and the buffs they do get don't seem to last long, so when I use the 'mild' harder mood, the poor pets are constantly sad. I don't want to remove it, though, because I can't stand my Sims being perma-happy all the time even when they have a huge debuff.

I'm not sure if you do requests, but I would definitely appreciate it!
Original Poster
#136 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by atlantiswinter
Thank you for updating this so promptly. I have never had the bad mood glitch but I use this for the opposite problem - the Sims being in permanent sickeningly good moods just because they have a decent bed.
Is the very same bug actually. That's why I kept the mod online after the last patch.

Quote:
Question, though - Was wondering if there would be a possibility of making a version of the harder mood mod that affects Sims, but not pets or babies.
The harder mood stuff wasn't supposed to affect infants to begin with, but apparently I just imagined writing a check for that. Oh well, isn't a big deal to add it and a check for the race too.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#137 Old 26th Oct 2011 at 5:00 AM
Thank you so much for the update!
Test Subject
#138 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 1:18 AM
Quote:
2011-11-25 - Harder Mood now only affects teens and above. Babies, toddlers and children are ignored and so are pets.
2011-10-18 - Updated to game version 1.26. I didn't check whether the bug exists anymore; I will keep supporting the mod for the harder mood at any rate.

So Buzzler... Are you time traveling, or just making a prediction?

In either case, thank you very much for all your hard work on this (and on your many other mods).
Original Poster
#139 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by semianon
So Buzzler... Are you time traveling, or just making a prediction?
Trime traveling... err, I mean... *carrier lost*

Inventor
#140 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 1:05 PM
Buzzler, are there any work around for the 'good mood' bug for those that don't want to resort to mods and is the source really the beds/moodlets or actually something completely different ?
Original Poster
#141 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crinrict
Buzzler, are there any work around for the 'good mood' bug for those that don't want to resort to mods and is the source really the beds/moodlets or actually something completely different ?
If you're talking about the kind of issue this mod takes care of, you already know all solutions, probably better than I do too. Reloading the savegame (not the whole game) through the main menu always works.

I don't know the current causes of the bug for sure. It can be basically everything that causes buffs/moodlets with differing strengths. I'm pretty sure the "well rested moodlet" bug still exists just like before, though.

Inventor
#142 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 10:56 AM
Thanks.

Having to relaod must be a pain though cause for the person I'm asking for, it occurs all the time and since they have the reverse bug (always good mood), I wasn't sure if it was the same cause
Test Subject
#143 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 12:04 PM
Default Thank you!
Hey Buzzler, thank you for the hard work!

I am running Sims3 v1.19.44 base, would you have a version of the mod that works with it?

Thanks!
Test Subject
#144 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 7:09 AM
Nice work Buzzler ! I'm using your simple moodfix for a long while now. I just realised you got a "harder mood" version, which was something i was looking for for a while

Now, well, do you take special requests by any chance ? I realy like the idea of the negative*2 and positive/2, but it would be much more to my liking without the permanent negative mood. I'd like my sims to be harder to please, get sad easier, but still have the "no mood = neutral mood" thing.

Feel free to decline if it's too much work, if you don't have enough time, and of course if you're not in the "mood" for that :D
Original Poster
#145 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lezard86
Now, well, do you take special requests by any chance ? I realy like the idea of the negative*2 and positive/2, but it would be much more to my liking without the permanent negative mood. I'd like my sims to be harder to please, get sad easier, but still have the "no mood = neutral mood" thing.
You can easily tune it yourself. Well, pretty easily. I think.
- Get yourself S3PE and open the tuning package with it.
- Right-click on the _XML resource and select Notepad.
- In notepad, you'll see the two tunable values. Change them to your liking.
- Close notepad, save when asked to, and commit the changes when asked to back in S3PE.
- Save the package in notepad.
- Finished.

Test Subject
#146 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
You can easily tune it yourself. Well, pretty easily. I think.
- Get yourself S3PE and open the tuning package with it.
- Right-click on the _XML resource and select Notepad.
- In notepad, you'll see the two tunable values. Change them to your liking.
- Close notepad, save when asked to, and commit the changes when asked to back in S3PE.
- Save the package in notepad.
- Finished.

Thanks for the quick replay

There's something i don't understand though

The two values i see are these ones (i opened the painful flavour)

kMoodOffset value="50" (i assume it's the permanent -50 mood)
kMoodMultiplier value="0.5" (i assume it's the "positive buffs 50% less effective")

How about the "negative buffs 100% more effective" ? isn't supposed to have a multiplier value that should be "2" somewhere ?
Original Poster
#147 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lezard86
kMoodOffset value="50" (i assume it's the permanent -50 mood)
kMoodMultiplier value="0.5" (i assume it's the "positive buffs 50% less effective")

How about the "negative buffs 100% more effective" ? isn't supposed to have a multiplier value that should be "2" somewhere ?
It's right there. Take the inverse of 0.5 and you get 2. In the code, positive buff values are multiplied by kMoodMultiplier, negative values are divided by it.

Test Subject
#148 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
It's right there. Take the inverse of 0.5 and you get 2. In the code, positive buff values are multiplied by kMoodMultiplier, negative values are divided by it.

Oh i see ! I remember now that dividing something by < 1 was a concept i had some hard time to swallow when i was at school.
Anywhy, that's Wonderful ! Thank you very much ! (can't find an appropriate emoticon, so let's divide this one by 0.5)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#149 Old 8th May 2012 at 3:31 AM
Thanks for the mod. I have only experienced this once, but it is good to be safe.
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 6:38 PM
Is this compatible with patch 1.34?
Page 6 of 7