Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Moonlight Falls.world with Fixes applied

by ellacharmed Posted 14th Oct 2012 at 2:51 PM - Updated 3rd Jan 2013 at 6:50 AM by ellacharmed : elaborate on the "What is this" section

69 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 48 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 3:48 AM
What program are you using to unzip? What version?
Did you follow the bit of the instructions that says to rename them before the extract?
Test Subject
#27 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
What program are you using to unzip? What version?
Did you follow the bit of the instructions that says to rename them before the extract?

Uhm,
I did rename , you take out the name and leave them as moonlightfalls.part# right?. And i tried 7zip and winzip, both are updated to current versions.

Normally i wouldn't ask since I've gotten mods and fixes in the past, but you happened to pick one of my favorite worlds that is probably the glitchiest, so I'd like to give your work a shot. I'm probably missing a step somewhere.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 9:54 AM
Ok, I'm going to ask on this comment section. On all your wold fixes, are they all compatible with 1.42? I'm asking because of when they made beaches and such swimable in and areas to walk that weren't accessible before would change anything.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 11:13 AM
@Kyasari,
all I can suggest is to redownload. The files may have been incomplete or corrupted during transit. If you're using a Download Manager extension in your browser, then this time don't use it. Or, vice versa...And, download one part at a time.
Or, try WinRar.
Oh! You clicked on the multi-part wiki FAQ and compare if the process you did is same as shown in the images?

I just tested again by redownloading and extracting using WinRAR and 7zip and both methods work.

@babygirl4595,
yes, ask in this Comment section. Where else can you post a question and ask?

No reports that beaches and swimming don't work with the fixes as yet. Not in the comments here on MTS anyway. If people are complaining about them elsewhere, I have no idea.
And yes, I myself am on 1.42 with all the EPs installed and am using all the fixes I've released so far. Although, I'm not playing so much as troubleshooting, so my Saves are not that big or that long in Sim-days. But, no troubles with swimming at all.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 14th Dec 2012 at 12:27 PM
Oh, I had meant in this download post comment section, being more recent to ask question on lol. Anyways, thanks for the reply. I'll install them, my game needs them.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 28th Jan 2013 at 10:12 PM
While in Edit Town I get lagging when I move the curser from side to side or up and down. The actual playing part of the game works fine. I was wondering if this fix would solve my problem or if it only affects lag that accurs when playing a Lot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 1:48 AM Last edited by Seirza : 31st Jan 2013 at 3:53 AM.
My primary issue at the moment (I just installed your fixed .world file) is that my save files aren't actually detecting the fixed .world file. I unpacked and followed the instructions to the letter, but the world didn't automatically update within my save file.

The process I went through to determine this was to view the Goth house in town view via my save file, and via a brand new save file. The brand new file looks just like your resources picture of the Goth house after your changes are implemented, but my save file looks just like the non-fixed version.

I can remake a new file, this was just a world base so that I could avoid having to replace lots and venues in every single file, but I thought you might want to know it isn't exactly working as intended with regards to save files.

Me adding custom lots and deleting parks wouldn't change the chances of this update happening, would it? And if it does, can I make those edits in the new file without fear of it breaking your fixes?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 4:55 AM
Yeah, about the Saves, I suppose I should have created the FAQ section a long time ago...
Quote:
It depends on what patch version you're on. If 1.42 (came with Seasons) and later, then no. Starting from patch 1.42, EA makes some changes somewhere to the code to ensure Swimming and seasonal changes apply properly to ALL worlds, and this affects how the modified resources are hooked up in a Save game. You would need to start a totally New Game and then select the World that has the fixes already imported. You might want to use Twallan's Porter to transfer your household(s) to a new game, because the fixes are only applied when a new game is started. They won't appear on a pre-existing Save.
It is now in Game_Help:World_Routing_Lags#FAQswiki

And no, Editing the Town won't break the fixes; although it may break your game.
The Edit Town's Add Lot feature is buggy, and does not redo the routing properly. If you want to redo a world by deleting and adding Lots, it is safer to Edit the world in CAW and then you export your edited version as an installable world.
Test Subject
#34 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 10:28 PM
And no, Editing the Town won't break the fixes; although it may break your game.
The Edit Town's Add Lot feature is buggy, and does not redo the routing properly. If you want to redo a world by deleting and adding Lots, it is safer to Edit the world in CAW and then you export your edited version as an installable world.

In that case, I suppose I'll try re-purposing some of the useless empty parks around town, or deleting existing houses to put in custom ones.

Thanks for the breaking lot tip.This could actually explain some of my game problems (such as a unicorn spawning on my home lot and attracting every wild horse in MF, yikes!). I'm not sure how to use CAW with existing worlds, though, so I suppose I'll just have to grin and bear it with running Moonlight Falls void of any substantial venues But I've noticed a boatload fewer routing issues since installing your version of the world, so thanks for that!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 6:09 AM
Sir, it's strange that I cannot place any Equestrian center and training yard onto either of two unused 64x64 lots. I just need some place to train my horses. Thanks!
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 2:15 PM
@wheatberry,
If you have issues placing Lots, it is not due to this download.

And, yes I tested it out...see images as proof.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#37 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 2:06 AM
@wheatberry,
If you have issues placing Lots, it is not due to this download.

And, yes I tested it out...see images as proof.

Wheatberry's problem is likely due to the fact that the two 64x64 lots are defaulted as residential lots. Maybe he didn't change the lot type to community lot before trying to place the training center.

My question is in regards to the University Life expansion. There are new spawners for collectibles and herbs, will these populate your edited world naturally, or will there be problems with that?
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 2:33 AM Last edited by JanetteRaven : 27th Mar 2013 at 2:43 AM.
I'd love to try this but I don't understand the download instructions. I have tons of mods so I'm not new at this. The file names in all the rar files are the same. Do I just have the moonlightfalls.world file keep overwriting as I unzip? I don't understand how the files get combined otherwise. Is there anywhere else to just get the whole world file in one go? And yes I read the linked instructions and they don't help at all. I have 7-zip and it unzips the files one at a time. It doesn't look anything like the example. I'm really confused.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 12:02 PM
I've never used 7-zip but these unpack and merge together perfectly with WinRAR.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 2:24 AM
I can get WinRAR but the tutorial on the WIKI uses 7zip too so I thought it should work. I'm following the tutorial and it doesn't answer my question as it only details unzipping the first part of the file, which isn't the problem anyone is having with this download. This is where me and others are getting confused. When I get to the second file and I extract it the message says:

"Destination folder already contains processed file. Would you like to replace the existing file with this one?"

So I just say yes? The tutorial cuts off at this point and doesn't explain how the actual combining of the files works making it a useless tutorial. Sorry if you think I'm an idiot but I have never had to combine files like this ever and I used to work IT. I also used to write documentation for my job so I know how to follow picture documentation however these instructions are incomplete.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 6:19 PM
Ah, you don't need to open any file other than the first one. Once you rename them and tell the first part to open, the program -WinRAR or 7zip - will then open ALL of the other folders and piece them together into one extracted file for you.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 3:59 AM
Well the program doesn't give any indication that is occurring. I guess I'll see if it blows up my game.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JanetteRaven
Is there anywhere else to just get the whole world file in one go?
Yes. On my blog. Which I linked to towards the end...Didn't read that far? Or you didn't click any of the links I provided in the post, at all?

The tutorial cuts off at this point and doesn't explain how the actual combining of the files works making it a useless tutorial.
Which tutorial are you referring to? Did you click on the link to read the Wiki on Multi-part files? The one that has images to accompany the explanations? That one? Even with pictures, it is useless?

I guess I'll see if it blows up my game.
Are things OK, now? Do you still need help?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 11:12 PM
Ah-HAH! I was wondering why all my Sims kept going missing - and why I constantly had to recover them with the MasterController mod. Guess I've finally seen the light! :P

Thank you, thank you - you are a godsend!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#45 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 8:46 PM
When I try to place a new empty lot almost anywhere in Moonlight Falls the game won't let me and gives a message saying something like "Cannot place lot on unroutable terrain". Is this fix likely to make more of the terrain available to place new empty lots on?
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 9:26 PM
So now with patch 1.57? I think is the latest....can we still use these fixed worlds and will work with all the expansions and stuff?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 21st Oct 2013 at 4:54 AM Last edited by ellacharmed : 21st Oct 2013 at 5:42 AM. Reason: add link to FAQ
Yes, but you'd need to start a new game. Traditionally no updates have ever addressed any world routing issues in any past patches.
The fixes would show up only in new games started after the fixes are applied, or fixed .world placed.

[eta]To add link to FAQ: Game_Help:World_Routing_Lags#FAQswiki

Oh! and 1.57 is not the latest (as of this post). It's 1.63. See Game Help:Patch_Tablewiki

Quote: Originally posted by ahmird2
Is this fix likely to make more of the terrain available to place new empty lots on?
No.
Sorry that the question was missed.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#48 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 6:31 PM
This is great. Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 2:15 PM
I am buying Supernatural while it is on sale, If it is like every other world I have bought I thought I will get your fix first, Thank you very much for mending these worlds and making them playable, EA should be paying you for doing there job.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 2:15 PM
great work.. everything works 100% better
Page 2 of 3