Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 2:02 PM
Default "Current Job" UI
Hi. I've been trying to find a way to use the "Current Work" (Ambitions) panel in my Mod for the past few days in the same way that it is possible to use TwoButtonDialog.Show etc. But I can't find him anywhere. I have already looked at ActiveCareer, XpBasedCareer and Occupation and found some mentions like "ShouldShowJobTrackerTooltip", but it is not enough.

I'm developing a Zombie Apocalypse Mod and would like to use this panel all the time to show how many human Sims are still alive.

I just found this code:
Code:
return new TitleDescriptionTooltip (FireFightingJob.LocalizeString ("GradesTooltipInfoHeader", new object [0]), description);

But I believe it is something else. It's not what I need.
I definitely understand very little about UI and would very much like your help. Thank you and sorry for the English.
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Danieu
Hi. I've been trying to find a way to use the "Current Work" (Ambitions) panel in my Mod for the past few days in the same way that it is possible to use TwoButtonDialog.Show etc. But I can't find him anywhere. I have already looked at ActiveCareer, XpBasedCareer and Occupation and found some mentions like "ShouldShowJobTrackerTooltip", but it is not enough.

I'm developing a Zombie Apocalypse Mod and would like to use this panel all the time to show how many human Sims are still alive.

I just found this code:
Code:
return new TitleDescriptionTooltip (FireFightingJob.LocalizeString ("GradesTooltipInfoHeader", new object [0]), description);

But I believe it is something else. It's not what I need.
I definitely understand very little about UI and would very much like your help. Thank you and sorry for the English.

That UI panel is generated using the UpdateJobTracker() method in Sims3.UI.Hud.SimDisplay. If you want a global panel, though, you probably won't be able to call that directly to start it up, as it is hard-coded to pull information from the selected Sim's active jobs and disappear when another Sim is selected. Instead, you'll have to rework that code into your own function that you can call whenever you want it displayed or removed.

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
That UI panel is generated using the UpdateJobTracker() method in Sims3.UI.Hud.SimDisplay. If you want a global panel, though, you probably won't be able to call that directly to start it up, as it is hard-coded to pull information from the selected Sim's active jobs and disappear when another Sim is selected. Instead, you'll have to rework that code into your own function that you can call whenever you want it displayed or removed.

Thanks to your help, I was able to create my own personalized method. To my surprise it was very easy.
Thanks!