Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 10:22 PM
Default Help with pushing a continuing interaction correctly.
I have never had to ask for help before, but the issue I am having is truly bizarre. My sims won’t remain seated when a continuing interaction is pushed onto them. They will stand up after the initial interaction is complete and before any code in the continuing interaction has run. They are not glitching, but are performing a fully animated get out the chair sequence. I really hope someone has run across this before.

During the initial interaction the sims are instructed to find a seat at a dining table. If this is successful they have a continuing interaction pushed on them to wait until something happens. I have confirmed with a TNS message that they are still seated when the initial interaction finishes.

I also put a TNS message at the very start of the continuing interaction. This confirms that they are no longer seated when the continuing interaction runs its’ code. The sims are literally standing up between the two sections of code. I can not figure out why.

As a crude patch I have added code to the continuing interaction to force them to sit down again. It looks silly to have them stand up and immediately sit down again, but I can’t seem to force them to remain seated.

Is there something I am missing about pushing a continuing interaction? Is there some mystery flag on the starting interaction making them stand up when it exits? Does the initial interaction have to be flagged as a master interaction and if so, how do I do that?

I feel that I am very close to having this sorted out, but I seem to be missing some critical piece of information. Hopefully someone can help me figure out what that is.
Advertisement
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#2 Old 14th Aug 2022 at 9:35 PM
Have you got the posture preconditions set in the ITUNs for both interactions to say it's a seating interaction? I think that's the easiest way to have them sitting...if not, I'm not sure what the issue could be! Maybe attach your package file and code for a closer look?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
Have you got the posture preconditions set in the ITUNs for both interactions to say it's a seating interaction? I think that's the easiest way to have them sitting...if not, I'm not sure what the issue could be! Maybe attach your package file and code for a closer look?

Thank you so much! That was the answer that had eluded me!

Most of the interactions that I have created for the Sims 3 don’t require an ITUN since they are pushed by controller objects and aren’t meant to be accessed by sims autonomously. After reading your post I looked through the GameplayData.package file and discovered that the interaction I had cloned did in fact have an ITUN. The only thing of note in it was a PosturePrecondition flag. Once I saw that I knew you were right.

I created an ITUN for the continuing interaction. I just tested it in game and it worked! Now the sims remain seated after ordering food and everything works as it should.

Thanks again for your help!