Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 5:18 AM
Default How would I allow certain raw ingredients to be edible?
I've been trying to find a way to make ingredients such as cheese and raw steak be edible for sims. I thought it would be as simple as setting <IsEdible> to True in the ingredients XML, but pretty much all ingredients are marked as "IsEdible", even for ingredients that aren't actually able to be eaten raw in-game. Can someone teach me if it's possible?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 5:21 PM
I almost think you would have to change them to be a vegetable. I was looking at the EatRaw_Ingredient ITUN and the Ingredient XML. I notice in the EatRaw Ingredient it has Be Vegetarian and Werewolf which you notice in the Ingredient XML that Werewolves have their own line on some. So it makes me think if you changed the Ingredient from Meat to Vegetable in this line on the ingredients xml maybe it would work. It wouldn't hurt to give it a try.
<Parent>Vegetable</Parent>

you can still leave the UI tab to be meat or whatever that is where they show in the store.

Also checked the Recipe master just to make sure if you did this it wouldn't somehow impact a recipe. I didn't see anything but you never know.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 8:03 PM
It seems to have worked, but only for some ingredients. Steak and cheese still can't be eaten raw, but tofu now can. Those are the only ingredients that I've tested, and at least it doesn't seem to mess up anything.
Inventor
#4 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 9:14 PM Last edited by marydehoyos : 13th Sep 2022 at 9:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by GrahammerTek
It seems to have worked, but only for some ingredients. Steak and cheese still can't be eaten raw, but tofu now can. Those are the only ingredients that I've tested, and at least it doesn't seem to mess up anything.

Hmmm let me do a little more digging and see if I can see anything else that would make sense to change. Maybe you do have to change that UITAB as well. I noticed cheese falls under meat.
<Ingredient_Key>Cheese</Ingredient_Key>
<Ingredient_Name>Cheese</Ingredient_Name>
<Rarity>ExtraordinarilyUnusual</Rarity>
<UiTab>Meat</UiTab>
<Parent>Ingredient</Parent>

To:
<Ingredient_Key>Cheese</Ingredient_Key>
<Ingredient_Name>Cheese</Ingredient_Name>
<Rarity>ExtraordinarilyUnusual</Rarity>
<UiTab>Produce</UiTab>
<Parent>Vegetable</Parent>

maybe the UiTab doesn't mean what I thought or even if it does that it has to be categized that way to work. I can't test right now because I'm working but see if that does it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Sep 2022 at 3:31 AM
Nope, all it did was add cheese to the produce section. I think certain ingredients are just hardcoded to be edible or not, but it's weird that tofu is different and changing its <Parent> allows it to be eaten while doing the same to other ingredients does nothing.
Inventor
#6 Old 14th Sep 2022 at 6:51 AM Last edited by marydehoyos : 14th Sep 2022 at 7:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by GrahammerTek
Nope, all it did was add cheese to the produce section. I think certain ingredients are just hardcoded to be edible or not, but it's weird that tofu is different and changing its <Parent> allows it to be eaten while doing the same to other ingredients does nothing.

That's what I thought the UI would do but it was worth a shot. Yeah that is strange. So I think it will require some more poking around. Like maybe it could be Recipe added to the Recipe XML (like requires steak and nothing else and you just put it on a plate) or it could be changed to something like Ice Cream? Where you would have to take it out of the Fridge but you could just eat it. I will sift through the gameplay and see if I can find something else that might make it work.

I found this thread which it looks like if you went the recipe route you might be able to get it to work or even sift through this thread.

https://modthesims.info/t/606412
https://modthesims.info/showthread....050#post4917050