Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2022 at 1:52 PM
Default tutorial on converting mmd motions to the sims 3 ?
hello

are there any tutorials on converting mmd animations in .vmd format to .animation format to use in the sims 3?

i can't find any tutorials on it but i know it is possible as umpa77 has converted lots of dance animations from mmd to the sims 3 and 4.

i tried following a tutorial on importing mmd animations into blender with the mmd plugin but the model i used to test just stood in a tpose. i don't know if it's me being dumb or if the animation i want to use is broken.

does anyone know how to convert mmd animations or can link me to a tutorial where i can learn?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 9th Oct 2022 at 11:03 AM
Do you happen to have a link to the tutorial?

Generally speaking, animations need the same rig to make sure that they can properly play said animation. So unfortunately it's not just simple progress of "Open up TS3 Rig > Import MMD Anim > Done!". Instead, it's much more complicated than that.

Even though this isn't necessarily an MMD animation tutorial, here's a tutorial that basically shows what I mean: https://mortia.livejournal.com/12563.html