Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2022 at 3:13 AM Last edited by averagecitizen : 23rd Jul 2022 at 6:22 AM.
Totally purging swatches from items?
I'm new to modding and tried googling this, but how do you completely wipe out swatches on an EA item? Like, removing all but the main, singular, basic default color palate. For example, I have an item I'm working on with about 10 different color swatches. I want to remove all of them, completely, except for the one which shows in the thumbnail by default. I've gone in, made an override mod, deleted all visible swatches, and hit save. The item, when viewed in S4S, consistently remains cleared of all its additional swatches. In game, however, every single last one comes back as if nothing changed, fully visible and selectable. The object's thumbnail has a little wrench on it, indicating that it's modded, but the effect of the mod still doesn't show. I tried cloning the basic swatch 9 times after I removed the others, to see if filling the menu out to its usual extent would prevent the other swatches from respawning, but that didn't work. Finally, I tried with other objects from other packs (and basegame) to see if the issue was somehow specific to the one I was working on, but it wasn't. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks

(For the record, this issue didn't happen at all when I edited the stump rabbit. I cleared out plenty of coat colors with no issue. This issue has, however, been a problem with a wall decor object as well as a dresser, for some reason)

(As a secondary update, this color respawn also applied to some accessory horns I was attempting to recategorize so they'd show in werewolf form.)