Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Centerpiece Fireplace

by Brasstex Posted 31st Jul 2005 at 10:54 PM - Updated 1st Aug 2005 at 1:23 AM by Brasstex

165 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 163 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 7
Forum Resident
#101 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 8:32 AM
They work great in my game, I absolutely love them. I downloaded the always fire hack also and only have to light them once, they burn forever Thankyou thankyou thankyou!!!!
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 13th Aug 2005 at 11:47 PM
Sorry...BTX...I meant on my entire system...not the game. I have no subfolders in my Sims game...I always get rid of them once downloads are done...however, I thank you for your timely response.
sleighill
Instructor
#103 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 12:05 AM
such a simple idea made amazing!

wow!!! you deserve a million dollars for this.
Field Researcher
#104 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 7:46 PM
Beautiful! Installation was easier than I expected, after reading this thread. I put it in the middle of a large room with chairs all around, and all Sims flocked to it and clapped. We thank you!

However, since installing and playing this fireplace, my next-door neighbor's car alarm has been going off randomly and sounds strange. It's probably just a coincidence.

:D
Test Subject
#105 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 11:21 PM
Hey can you make more colors of the fire place like white, black, ect.

Thankz
Test Subject
#106 Old 16th Aug 2005 at 2:54 PM
Hy Brasstex

the Fireplace works fantastic ingame and looks wonderful.

Now i have a question: I made also a Fireplace, but my Fireplace override the original from Maxis. Now i read your readme: How do you know the Nr. 75 >>> Where did you get the index number 75 from? I can't figure this out.

Greetings sissy

http://www.sissysims2.de/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#107 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sissy04
Hy Brasstex

the Fireplace works fantastic ingame and looks wonderful.

Now i have a question: I made also a Fireplace, but my Fireplace override the original from Maxis. Now i read your readme: How do you know the Nr. 75 >>> Where did you get the index number 75 from? I can't figure this out.

Hi, sissy. It's an arbitrary number. I used 75 because it's likely that maxis will never use 75, that's the important thing, because if you have two fireplaces, with the same index then it will likely cause a crash, or at least cause them to not show up. I'm probably not going to make another fireplace, so if you want to, you could use 76 for yours, but be aware that whenever you make use of a .txt file, there are issues you need to be aware of. If you aren't sure about what you're doing then it's best not to do it, until you fully understand. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you have.

Brasstex
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 17th Aug 2005 at 3:49 PM
This fireplace is fabulous! Thank you so much.
Test Subject
#109 Old 19th Aug 2005 at 9:18 PM
Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 20th Aug 2005 at 1:42 AM
I have the perfect place for this! Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
#111 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 1:08 AM
Thank you! These are awesome!!!
Test Subject
#112 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 6:42 AM
Where do i put it? in the downloads folder?? i have put it in the downloads folder but it don´t work do someone know where to put it? i´m not so god at english
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 6:55 PM
these work WONDERFUL in game ty soooo very much for takin the time to make these they are beautiful an a welcome change from the plain old fireplaces..... i have the NON-EP version an they do as u say work wonderfully in my game// again ty
smooches
HOney
Test Subject
#114 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 12:36 PM
cant download it ;-( but i like the idea very much! i hope to see if you can make it in a zip file..

-kiss the danish girl!
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 7:39 PM Last edited by honeydippit : 5th Sep 2005 at 7:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by H.el-en.e
cant download it ;-( but i like the idea very much! i hope to see if you can make it in a zip file..

-kiss the danish girl!
:ignore:

:omg: it amazes me. how MANY post there are showin ppl exactly where to go to dl the rar file extractor... an still ppl leave lil hints on how they want you to upload a zip for them???
is it really that much trouble to go download the program. your downloading here so we know your not afraid to download... :disgust: so what is it...really can someone explain to me. why these artist take the time to make cool stuff an give it to us for FREE ....an ppl cant take there happy butts to the WinZIP web site an down load a quick program to get the objects you wanna use? this is crazy ppl so i say :mute: if ya cant download whats given to ya.

as always
smooches :num:
Honey
Test Subject
#116 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 2:28 AM
Default Great fireplace, need help putting in files
I dont understand where to put these files at, I dont have a \TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\fireplace on my game, so where do I put these can you help me please
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rahswf
I dont understand where to put these files at, I dont have a \TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\fireplace on my game, so where do I put these can you help me please

check a few of the post out on page 4...the previous page here lots of good advise on how to load the fireplace in your game. good luck hope you get them they r great :bump:
smooches
Honey
Test Subject
#118 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 1:26 PM
Thank you so much for this!
Test Subject
#119 Old 14th Sep 2005 at 10:55 PM
excellent work. I love it!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 17th Sep 2005 at 7:49 PM
Thank you so much. I use your fireplace in all my homes.
Forum Resident
#121 Old 17th Sep 2005 at 7:57 PM
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 26th Sep 2005 at 12:55 AM
I download to Program Files/Ea game/Sims 2/TSData/res/catalog/script/fireplace

It didnt even come in game?!?!? I dont understand how it work! Please HELP!

I did that in download folder also. didnt even come out too!!
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 5:48 AM
I can't wait to see them in my game.
Thank you for the awesome work.
Test Subject
#124 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 11:53 AM
OkI had no problem with the steps (installing them that is)However some where I have managed to lose my fireplaces.
On my original disk The only thing in my TSData folder is 1 folder named control. Inside that is 1 file, a dat file ???
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 1:46 AM
Default Nice work!
This is a great idea, and it looks fantastic! Thanx for sharing it!
Page 5 of 7