Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 6:49 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Build Mode Lag
Hello fellow simmers

I've been playing TS3 for many years and this issue started about a year ago, out of nowhere.

What happens is that whenever I select windows or doors, or even columns in Build Mode, the game starts lagging, more so the mouse (when I try to turn the camera) and it starts jerking around, almost the same that happens when items in buy mode loads and you try to move the camera. I repeat, this camera/mouse lag only happens in build mode. It's not that big of a problem, as going into buy mode and back into build mode "resets" the issue, but it happens again when I try to work with windows, doors, and columns. It's just an issue I'd like to know if someone else experiences as well, as I know lilsimsie on YouTube also seems to have the problem. I've noticed it in her live streams for TS3.

I have tried more or less everything (I could think of), running the game without mods, deleting caches (which I do every time before opening the game anyway), running base-game only and even reinstalling the entire game and all the packs.

Here are my PC specs:

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 1050TI
RAM: 8GB
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00 GHz ( I know TS3 is extremely dependant on CPU)

If anyone has an answer to this issue or could help me resolve it, I would be eternally grateful.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#3 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 11:32 PM
Are you trying to move/build/use items before the little asterisk in the top right corner of the catalog is darkened? Most of the time, the lag is due to CC needing to load-in. I usually just wait until the asterisk fills in before I start messing around. In the misc category, that can take about 3-5 minutes. (lol oops)

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 10:11 AM
I don't, I only have a few doors from the store, no cc at all. I only use CAS CC, also not a lot, just a few hairs and clothes.