Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 3:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Can I overide a world's default terrain color?
Hello everyone. I am currently playing in the New york city world at the moment . I recently changed the texture of the worlds sidewalks using a mod I found on here from the default beige sidewalk tiles to a more realsitic Nyc sidewalk that Iiked . now the issue is the ground surrounding the sidewalk is still Beige while my sidewalks are a light gray color . I can change this on lots by using a gray terrain paint but theres still a beige colored gap between the sidewalk and lot. I want everything to appear seamless . I wanted to know if there was a way to overide a world's default terrain color ? (meaning the terrain your left with after removing all paint and tiles and the terrain on non-lots). I included a photo below .
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 5:34 PM
Changing the terrain color that has been placed there in CAW, can be changed in two ways (as far as I know); either in CAW again or with S3PE. With S3PE you can open the world file (located in the installed worlds folder) and go through the image files (IMG). When you find the image file for the terrain, you can then export it (Resource -> export -> to file), edit it and then import back (Resource -> import -> from file) into the world file and then save it. If you use S3PE method, then always take a backup of the world file before changing it. Also, never change the name of the IMG file you export/import or the file format (dds) and don't change the size of the exported/imported image.