Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2022 at 7:43 PM
Default Is there a way to make straps look better on a sandal?
Hello,

I am working on Birkenstocks CC, and was wondering if there was a way to improve my straps for my sandal meshes. I can't get over the fact that they somewhat look like play-doh. So far I have made a mesh for the Arizona and Mayari design. By the off chance that anyone has any tips on how to improve the straps for them to make them look less like play-doh that would be most appreciated.

I will supply pictures of how they look like so far. Also if you have other critiques please let me know. I wish to make them as best as I possibly can.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th Aug 2022 at 6:42 PM
This question can be disregarded. I ended up using the edge split modifier to make the straps look better.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MonocoDoll
This question can be disregarded. I ended up using the edge split modifier to make the straps look better.

Just saw this... Although you got it with edge split, also using sharps will work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Just saw this... Although you got it with edge split, also using sharps will work.

Thanks for the suggestion. How would I use these sharps? I could not find them anywhere.