Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#2226 Old 24th May 2022 at 7:37 AM
Oh nice ScaryRob, the bright white was really killing me ( Why Maxis? Why create so brilliant and tackly floors and wallpapers?)
Tudorman what a nice barn style house, i like his style however i think that you can change the fences for someone more simple, also i think that 3 towers its a bit too much? Maybe you can delete the two small towers and let stay only the big one in the building. A lot to decorate though 0-0, normally i suck at doing big houses, i prefeer doing small-medium ones.
Catherine what a nice small house its very cute
For this days i have been doing like crazy, pixel art with fire emblem style rather than building, the difficult thing is to respect no more than 15 colors 0-0
Also a note how i can make that the notificationes arrive to my mail? I never recibe them despite being suscribed to this thread :/
Advertisement
Theorist
#2227 Old 24th May 2022 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Frodo1990
( Why Maxis? Why create so brilliant and tackly floors and wallpapers?)

They might be good for making a hospital operating room or morgue, haha.

Quote:
Also a note how i can make that the notificationes arrive to my mail? I never recibe them despite being suscribed to this thread :/

User Control Panel/Edit Options and scroll down to where it gives you the option of getting email notifications.
Theorist
#2228 Old 24th May 2022 at 8:15 PM
Do you know that issue when your family is having an outhouse at the back yard and rustic cottage house with foundation in ts2? And then every single sim recognises outhouse door as the main door?
LoL I found a way to avoid of that. I noticed the game never recognises diagonal doors as the main door. So here is the hint: put all the doors on ground level diagonally and then with no straight doors on the ground sims will check for the door on the foundation (which is the 2nd level when based on the sims 2) and find out the right enterance.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Lab Assistant
#2229 Old 24th May 2022 at 11:29 PM
Sjsjsjsjsjsjjs yeah that hospitals normally has that kind of tiles ssjsjsjsjsjsjjsjs
ScaryRob, have you ever tried doing a mansion or a house in a old style ( like victorian, etc...)? I was wondering about it
Theorist
#2230 Old 25th May 2022 at 1:19 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 25th May 2022 at 4:31 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Frodo1990
ScaryRob, have you ever tried doing a mansion or a house in a old style ( like victorian, etc...)? I was wondering about it

All my Lot uploads can be seen here: https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...p?topic=37596.0

I made a large Victorian mansion, with coffins in the basement for vampires, late last year. It's at the very bottom of page 4 of that thread. I made it in response to a build challenge, and I think it came out really nice. It does have some CC, in particular a large but very nice window set, but also a small handful of other CC build items that were unfortunately necessary.

At the top of the very next page, page 5, I did a re-do of the Goth mansion, from Pleasantview. I really like the way that turned out. Only a couple of necessary build CC items.

Oh, and I also re-did the Beaker mansion, from Strangetown, also on page 5 of that thread. That's kind of a Victorian-ish castle. No CC in that one.
Lab Assistant
#2231 Old 25th May 2022 at 5:55 AM
Wow im in love with the victorian mansion and the re-do of the Goth Mansion, also i loved a spanish colonial house that i saw there
It reminds me a bit of the Addams family house ( but from the movies, not the series )
Theorist
#2232 Old 25th May 2022 at 7:29 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 29th May 2022 at 5:15 AM.
My latest upload, OakPassGuesthouse_2BR, has been a "Work In Progress" since 2017. I pretty much finished it then, but was just too lazy to test it and add some finishing touches, which I finally did yesterday. It still looks a little bare in places, but it's supposed to be modern minimalist, so that's okay. As in real life, it's attached to a renovated barn.
In real-life, there is an absolutely HUGE, ultra-modern mansion in the Hollywood Hills called 'Oak Pass House'. It's way too big to be done for any of the Sims games, I think. There are pictures of it on the internet. Anyway, this is my version of the guesthouse, of which there are also pics on the 'net:

Screenshots
Theorist
#2233 Old 25th May 2022 at 9:42 PM
I won't be able to build anything in the near future because of war situation in my country and as a result - war situation in my family.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
#2234 Old 25th May 2022 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
I won't be able to build anything in the near future because of war situation in my country and as a result - war situation in my family.

You're in Moscow, right? I'm curious, are you looking at being drafted?
Forum Resident
#2235 Old 26th May 2022 at 12:46 AM

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#2236 Old 26th May 2022 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
You're in Moscow, right? I'm curious, are you looking at being drafted?

This war in my country is supported by voulonteers, not recruitment. I have two disabled parents who needs daily care. I won't become voulonteer in this war until it is not mandatory.
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Thank you. This is very heartwarming. ♡

Forum Resident
#2237 Old 28th May 2022 at 4:20 PM
My latest upload, OakPassGuesthouse_2BR, has been a "Work In Progress" since 2017. I pretty much finished it then, but was just too lazy to test it and add some finishing touches, which I finally did yesterday. It still looks a little bare in places, but it's supposed to be modern minimalist, so that's okay. It's attached to a renovated barn.
In real-life, there is an absolutely HUGE, ultra-modern mansion in the Hollywood Hills called 'Oak Pass House'. It's way too big to be done for any of the Sims games, I think. There are pictures of it on the internet. Anyway, this is my version of the guesthouse, of which there are also pics on the 'net:

Very nice!!! Love the combinations of roofs

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#2238 Old 28th May 2022 at 5:33 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 28th May 2022 at 7:56 PM. Reason: Mispell
Oak Pass House seems not to be that huge for 50x60 lot in the Sims 2. The most hard could be building its terrain levels and landscaping. It should be built on the slope.
Very inspiring. But I definitely never would have lived in this.
Screenshots

Theorist
#2239 Old 31st May 2022 at 10:13 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 31st May 2022 at 12:49 PM. Reason: XD
You always keep me puzzling about foundations like made in in this cottage @CatherineTCJD. I think that digging the holes to nether is selling point of your houses.

Mad Poster
#2240 Old 31st May 2022 at 2:41 PM
You always keep me puzzling about foundations like made in... I think that digging the holes to nether is selling point of your houses.

I felt that a farmhouse such as that one really needed a storm cellar

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#2241 Old 1st Jun 2022 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
I felt that a farmhouse such as that one really needed a storm cellar

Are there a lot of houses with storm cellars in your location?)
I live in Moscow in a flat. This is 18-leveled house with 3 entries, 4 flats per level in each. We have no tornados here. Our yard has really few and little trees and full of grills picking out of the ground. There is a cellar with two wide enterances and near 2 meters high under this house and in the yard. So I guess it may contain all who lives here. And that looks really good for life safe during thunderstorm.

Theorist
#2242 Old 1st Jun 2022 at 5:52 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 2nd Jun 2022 at 12:04 AM.
My newest is ReduxTownhouse_3BR_NCC, a full-game rebuild of Maxis' "Townhouse", from the Nightlife expansion.
No custom content.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2243 Old 1st Jun 2022 at 6:05 PM
My newest is ReduxTownhouse_3BR_NCC, a full-game rebuild of Maxis' "Townhouse", from the Nightlife expansion.

Nice - and a lot different from mine
I like what you did too!
I have a version of that house here on MTS, and I just redid it (a little differently) for my LotCatalog project - which I hope to have released soon...

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
#2244 Old 1st Jun 2022 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
I have a version of that house here on MTS, and I just redid it (a little differently) for my LotCatalog project - which I hope to have released soon...

Looking forward to it.

I did have to enlarge mine, depth-wise, by three rows of squares. There was no way all those rooms would've fit otherwise, especially on the second floor. It's also on a 20x30 Lot, not 20x20 as the original.
Theorist
#2245 Old 3rd Jun 2022 at 2:36 AM
My current Work In Progress is "Bridge House", which straddles a pond. It's a three bedroom. The white fencing shows the planned size of the Lot and the planned gravel driveway layout, roughly. The house and pond will sit considerably further back on the Lot than these pictures show, because I want trees on both side of the driveway.

I actually started this, gosh, maybe five or six years ago, and then pretty much stopped working on it. The layout of the house itself is done, and has been for a couple of years, but this place requires careful landscaping to look good - and I don't particularly care to do landscaping. Also, the exterior wall colors and roof details are finally something that look reasonably good, I think. Earlier versions were kind of ugly. Not much you can do with a couple of square boxes.
It's obviously going to sit on a large Lot, probably 50x50, and probably heavily wooded, maybe pine trees. I'm planning on making the driveway sideways, which of course will be functional with Mootilda's mod.
I'm about at the point where I rebuild it on it's actual Lot.

Mad Poster
#2246 Old 3rd Jun 2022 at 2:30 PM
Nice! I like it

and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
#2247 Old 5th Jun 2022 at 3:38 PM
Wow! Looks Amazing! Our building skills have definitely improved over the past few years!!!

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#2248 Old 5th Jun 2022 at 3:41 PM
Im starting off slow but love how the foyer turned out so far!
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#2249 Old 9th Jun 2022 at 12:51 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 9th Jun 2022 at 8:18 AM.
Damn, Catherine, Mootilda's Grid Adjuster is a pain to use.

I ran into an issue with my Bridge House, shown in the pictures a few posts above.
When I finally put a couple of Test Sims into it two days ago, I saw that whenever I tried to make them "Go to..." the living room, which is over the water, the only option the game gave me is to "Fish, using...".
In other words, building the house with just a normal 4-click foundation over the water, as shown in the pictures I posted uptopic, doesn't work, because the game sees it as a bridge and only gives the Sim the option to go fishing. Raising the foundation a click or two doesn't make any difference.
The only thing that makes a difference, and that solves the problem, is to put the living room "bridge" at least one level higher. Unfortunately, doing so with just a false CFE level on top of the foundation would put the house 8 clicks above the ground, which would look really goofy and unrealistic, so that's not an option.
The only other way to do this, as far as I can tell, is to add a level below ground, using Mootilda's Grid Adjuster, and then add a false level using CFE on top of that. This would put the house only 4 clicks above the ground, visually, just like a normal foundation.. It would still be 8 clicks above the water level, but I don't think there's a way to avoid that and that's not a big deal, visually.
So that's what I've been doing the past couple of days. I looked at several of the tutorials, and they helped, somewhat, but it was mostly trial and error. The Grid Adjuster is decidedly user-unfriendly, in my opinion, haha.

ps- I'm not asking for advice, I figured it out, at least for this house, haha.
Theorist
#2250 Old 9th Jun 2022 at 4:53 AM
Fortunately you can always switch to copy has been done before if something went wrong. backup files could help in difference between the real life when all your mistakes done are "saved immindeately" and you can't undo or redo. Sorry for stress those point too strongly. I felt myself a drama queen.

Page 90 of 98